Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The other day I watched Casablanca on TCM. It is one of my favorite movies of all time. When Ingrid Bergman first steps into Rick's Café, she is wearing a fabulous diamond brooch. I have found many studio stills of the actress and the brooch, but I can not find anything about the origin, designer or current owner of the fantastic piece of jewelry. If anyone has information about the Casablanca diamond brooch, please post.

post-56791-0-89545000-1456172312_thumb.jpg

post-56791-0-89545000-1456172312_thumb.jpg

It's stunning, isn't it?  I always watch for the jewelry in movies.

A long shot, but The Hollywood Collection has a line of jewelry based on jewels won in films or owned by actresses of that era.  I don't think they've copied the brooch, but they might have information on it.  They do sell rings worn by Ingrid Bergman in movies, or used to.

Good luck with your search!

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
3 hours ago, Mary Quinlan said:

I saw the same brooch in Now Voyager and Mildred Pierce. Joan Crawford and Ilka Chase.  Anyone else see this?

All three are Warner Brother films and studios were known to use the same props over and over again.   So it is highly likely that brooch was used for one film,  put back into the prop room and pulled out for another film.  

If it is was prop that means it was glass.  

• 2 years later...

Yes I too saw this beautiful pin worn in now voyager and Mildred Pierce. So that's at least 4 movies we have seen that piece used. The piece is a crane and I believe it was designed by Joseph or Joseff. Very close in design to the flamingo made for Wallace Simpson. I know I would buy one if I could find out where to purchase it. 

• 4 weeks later...