Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help with name of older movie

Fiesty1

Hello,

I have been asking about this on various boards on sites I go to but no one has been able to help. It's been at least nine years since I've seen this movie and I never saw the end so details are a bit fuzzy. It may have been in black and white but I think it was in color, there was a woman, an actress or star of some sort and another man who liked her. I believe after one of her performances she got into his small plane or boat and he took her against her will to an island. It seemed like he was trying to spend some time with her to get her to like him and said he wouldn't take her back until she did. I seem to remember she didn't have any shoes with her because in one scene there was snake/spider/etc in this little hut she was in and she hopped on the table or ran out until he got rid of it/killed it. I believe it was shown on TCM. Sorry that's really all I can remember if any of that is even remotely accurate. I'm not sure if it was a comedy. Any help is greatly appreciated.

TCM showed the movie recently. Clark Gable and Ava Gardiner starred in it. They were in Africa on a hunt. Ava was in a hut and a leopard walked into the hut and she saw it but didn't scream. She layed still until the leopard left through the back of the hut. The last word in the title of the film is Mogambo, (They Came To Mogambo?)

The movie that has been spoken about with Clark Gable and Ava Gardner also stars Grace Kelly and some British actor who played Kelly's husband is definitely titled, "Mogambo" filmed in Kenya in 1953 while Gardner was still married to Sinatra.Mogambo is a remake of the film"Red Dust" (1932)starring Clark Gable ,Jean Harlow and Mary Astor.