Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Actress's name?

Tufgivup

Here's a tough one for me to remember. What actress played in a 1969 public television presentation called "The Prodigal". This is not the major movies that were made in '31,'55,'84. Thanks for any help. I am trying to local the presentation by identifing the actress who was a major star.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know much except that my father played a Roman solider as an extra. I have been trying to get a copy of it for years but I can not even get details about the movie/presentation. Public Television 1969 (play-like performance/stage-like). Thanks for your efforts.

If it was a stage play that was broadcast, do you think it could have been the

play The Prodigal, written by Jack Richardson in 1960? This play has to do with

Greek mythology. If this is the case, perhaps Jack Richardson is still alive,

and can give details.

I'm new to this site. Hope someone can help me. After Gone With the Wind (which was a different version than I had seen before), they had The Making of a Legend. They showed screen tests for different actresses. I saw one that I thought made a better Melanie than Olivia DeHaviland, but I can't remember her name.

I didn't see it either, so I can't help you with it. If you're interested, Making Of A

Legend is available on VHS (I don't know if it's availabe on DVD). In future,

however, you should use Post New Thread when you have a question. In this

particular thread, we're trying to find the name of an actress who starred in a

1969 PBS play, The Prodigal.

Thanks Operabuff for all your help...I found the production and actress. The production was from Net Playhouse (Prodigal) 1971 and the actress was Kim Hunter. My father played a solider in the production; what I did not know was that 1971 it aired and my father played the roll in 1969; so I guess it sat on the shelve for awhile. Now I am trying to see if I could purchase it on DVD or VHS. Thanks again...wow this site is really great!!

I'm glad you were able to find it. I looked up Kim Hunter's filmography, and that

sounds like such a good part for her. I'm glad she was able to bounce back after

her blacklisting. So many careers were ruined - what an awful chapter in

American History! You're right! This is a great site!