Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite TCM Commercial

celluVoid

I liked the moody film-noir ones aired a couple of months ago, using scenes from the real films, such as the one about ?Double Indemnity?, and I think there was one about ?The Third Man?. TCM has a good system of using a female?s voice that sounds like she?s talking from the era when the movies were made. I?d like to meet that dame.

I have posted this before but I just love the accordian playing the Rocky music and the tender song oh I wish I knew its title anyway it is haunting to me it touched my heart. I worked in a nursing home so it touched me also in this way. Occassionally I woul run into a movie fan, once there was a resident who lived in California back in the 40s and 50s and what talks we had. One of the best things was telling this resident about TCM she had cable but didn't know there was such a channel... many a time she would put off doing things if she could because she was in the middle of a movie. She remembered Penny Serenade when we talked about the record turning it was such a good feeling to share the old movies with someone else. There was also someone who knew old songs if you could unlock the memory. Much to my delight this resident knew the tune of Meet Me in St. Louis so as I sang it she hummed it. However back to the Rocky play I saw it and told the kids about it and I said you've got to see and we couldn't catch it. My children looked at me like I was crazy when I brought it up and I haven't been able to redeem myself. I told them just watch it when it comes on....it looks better than I describe it