Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM name change

ixohoxi

Well, I haven't watched TCM in a while, and I see that things haven't gotten any better. IN fact, I think they are taking a turn for the worse.

"Good Times" with Sonny and Cher is a CLASSIC movie? It's a classic piece of crap is what it is, I don't care if it does feature George Sanders and was directed by Friedkin(!!!)Crap. If only Sonny had listened to Cher at the beginning of the movie when he asks her if she wants to make a movie. She replied "No." If only Sonny had gone skiing BEFORE this "movie" was made.

If TCM keeps this up, they will have to change their name to Turner Crappy Movies.

Love

TCM is showing newer films of dubious quality,I think DVD sales of "classic Hollywood" films will skyrocket.ALL PART OF THE INTERNATIONAL CAPITALIST CONSPIRACY">No classics films on"regular TV",get cable and AMC and latter TCM,especially after AMC turns to Cr*p,and now that TCM is letting its audience down switch even more to DVD,all part of the game.

"I cancel my Directv service each year around this time for a month in order to save some money. There is nothing on any channel worth watching anyway so I'm not missing anything."

How ironic; I just got my DirectTV a couple of months ago and am loving TCM. I look forward to tonight's silents...

Well, I?ve finally got enough DVDs recorded of classics, I can watch them during the crappy movies. Also, I can?t watch ?classics? 24 hours a day. I have to sleep sometime.

Next month?s schedule seems to have a lot of 1930s films that I haven?t seen before, and I also want to see the 1926 short sound films.

I agree with you, and I don't agree, too.

I agree that "Good Times" is a mess of a movie. However, I don't agree that it doesn't belong on TCM. The film is typical of what was being made at that time, and from a historical perspective, there's no reason why we shouldn't see a few like it from time to time. I was coming of age at that time, and this is what was in the theaters (however, I don't think I ever actually paid money to see this one). But I did enjoy seeing it this time, and I got a big kick out of it as a piece of nostalgia.

Not every film TCM shows is the world's greatest, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy them. If I don't like what TCM is broadcasting, I change the channel or turn the TV off. I know that in a short time there will be something I do like. Even of the so-called "classics" that are shown, there are plenty I think are pretty stinky. I'm willing to take a look at just about anything TCM chooses to run - and I've gotten some very pleasant surpises.

And then read this thread:

http://forums.turnerclassicmovies.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?threadID=77842&start=210#7781430

A sincere attempt by those who actually do care about the channel, so much so that they were willing to put forth the effort to understand and/or improve TCM's programming by putting together a single week's worth of classic movie scheduling (given all the restrictions) of their own. Their efforts were acknowledged (and used) by the person(s) who actually do this work for the channel.