Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Say it ain't so, Jack!

patful

The latest garbage from "Suggest A Movie" involves attacking TCM Forum Member JackBurley. If this ugliness on the Suggestion page doesn't stop, TCM is going to get tired of it and end it altogether. By the way, Mr. Burley, we appreciate your input on these boards.

Sorry I ever brought this one up, Jack. And now that TMN has revived the thread with his wonderful editing, my turn at editing! :-)

Pat

How bizarre. I do not, nor never have worked for TCM. I've been in Atlanta once, about ten years ago to visit my sister (who now lives in New Mexico). I have no idea how this rumor started, nor why. I live in San Francisco. How could someone confirm something that is not true? There are conspiracy theories regarding a movie message board? Very strange.

You don't have to defend yourself. I'm used to seeing attacks on TCM on the Suggestion page and on these boards, but was shocked to see an attack on an individual poster. They didn't even have the guts to do it here on the boards. Of course, TCM probably has the IP address of every suggestion they receive... :-)

Hello Jack,

OK, I am confused.....

Is this a joke or something genuine. I know I'm often dense, especially about the internet and technology but is this a real item from London.

The reason I ask is that The Circus in London is not a circus but the area around Picadilly, where some media offices are.

Help. What's going on.

Larry

BTW, I still love ya, mole or not... Ha, ha....

I just assumed it was, Larry.

I thought the "G. Smiley" in the original post referred to George Smiley in the John LeCarre novel , "The Spy Who Came In From The Cold". [is that character based on a real person? I'm not a reader of novels.]

I could be mistaken.

Message was edited by:

wordmaster

I would assume the perpetrator is the same person that has been screaming about the demise of TCM on "Suggest A Movie" for the last couple of months. First, they just used initials and Washington, DC. Then they started using items from the "TV Guide Jeers" thread in their rants using numerous names. And now this one against poor Jack, a voice of reason. There's another one today from G. Smiley, but it only refers to the mole. I think I may be sorry I even started this thread, Jack.

George Smiley is a recurring character, sometimes central, sometimes more peripheral, in the spy novels of John LeCarre. "The Circus" is what the spies (in LeCarre's books) call the overall British spy biz, just as CIA insiders speak of "The Company" rather than "Central Intelligence Agency."