Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paulll

Who would you rather meet?

Thelma. She's more visible than Margaret (for me anyway) and I would like to ask her how she felt about that drunk scene (in retrospect) in Safety First. I think that's the right film.

Next:

Hedy or Hedda

Hedy lamarr

Next:

The  Three Stooges or The Three Musketeers?

Well, with the Musks I may have to wield a sword. With the Stoogies all I need to do is wear goggles. The latter is easier, so Stooges.

Note: I know it's not my thread but I still would like to comment, to wit: I feel a little crestfallen that the choice makers don't bother to say why, even if just a few words, perhaps a quip, up to a sentence or two, or even more. Without any pizzazz at all the proceedings here seem drab. I know what some might say to this and I'm well aware I need not post here. I won't urge anyone to do anything different, that would be interference. But I would say, for me anyway, the thread would be much more readable if some whys were advanced, though being fully aware that I may be doomed to everlasting disappointment.---Laffite

Well, with the Musks I may have to wield a sword. With the Stoogies all I need to do is wear goggles. The latter is easier, so Stooges.

Note: I know it's not my thread but I still would like to comment, to wit: I feel a little crestfallen that the choice makers don't bother to say why, even if just a few words, perhaps a quip, up to a sentence or two, or even more. Without any pizzazz at all the proceedings here seem drab. I know what some might say to this and I'm well aware I need not post here. I won't urge anyone to do anything different, that would be interference. But I would say, for me anyway, the thread would be much more readable if some whys were advanced, though being fully aware that I may be doomed to everlasting disappointment.---Laffite

I'll try to make the reasons I picked these clearer.

The reason why I chose these two options has to do with the fact that I forgot for a moment that it was an option between TWO choices.

I was originally going to say LARRY, MOE OR CURLEY.

Then I remembered what thread I was in.  Three choices didn't work.

Sometimes I choose people with the same name and other times with the same occupation.

Often the choices I give have to do with a movie I just saw, or the avatar identity of the last poster.

For example the creator of this thread has a picture of Natalie Wood.

But since you answered, my next choice is:

Franchot Tone in Phantom lady rubbing his eyes in the car  or Fred MacMurray in the back seat of the car in Double Indemnity? 

Fred MacMurray in Double Indemnity! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this film!! :) One of the absolute best films noir!!

Next: Thelma or Louise? (the characters- not Geena Davis or Susan Sarandon.)

Fred MacMurray in Double Indemnity! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this film!! :) One of the absolute best films noir!!

Next: Thelma or Louise? (the characters- not Geena Davis or Susan Sarandon.)

I'd rather meet "Thelma". I really enjoyed the transition of her character in the movie.

next:

Who would you rather meet - Jennifer Jones or Ingrid Bergman

I'd rather meet Ingrid Bergman because she had a long and varied career (yes, both actresses appeared opposite my favourite actor).

Next:

Going back to family relations:

Would you rather meet Anderson Cooper or his mother Gloria Vanderbilt?

I'd rather meet Gloria Vanderbilt

next:

Would you rather meet Geraldine Fitzgerald or Maureen O'Hara?

I'd say Geraldine Fitzgerald.

Next; Greta Garbo or Marlene Dietrich ?

Normally Walter ... but having watched The Maltese Falcon (again) recently, I would go with son John, having learned in the intro that this was his directorial debut. He did a great job and certainly knew already how to get the most of his actors. I would like to talk about that with him. Good show, John.

Would you rather meet Conrad Veidt or Basil Rathbone?

• Like 1

Basil Rathbone, because he was a great swordsman and in a lot of my favourite films of all time. He also attended school with several of my favourites.

Next:

Would you rather meet William Shatner or Leonard Nimoy - born days apart in 1931, by the way.

Leonard Nimoy - I've been a fan for a very long time.

next:

Who would you rather meet Helen Hayes or Ethel Barrymore?

This truly is a tough one because I love both actors equally. The only reason I'm going with Tony Randall is because Mr. Randall and my grandmother had the same gastroenterologist and met each other while waiting to see the doctor. (My grandmother called this physician her "Park Avenue" doctor). Mr. Randall and Grandma developed a friendship while waiting to see the doctor.  So, Grandma, my pick is in honor of you.

Next:

Would you rather meet Julie Harris or Kim Stanley?

Tony Randall

Next: "MATCH GAME"'s Richard Dawson or Charles Nelson Reilly

Richard Dawson because I am also a fan of Hogan's Heroes.

Next;

Two famous hosts:

Johnny Carson or Ed Sullivan?

O Heavens, Sullivan by a long shot. I was never a Carson fan, never ever. Also, Sullivan comes from the earlier generation and would know more of I would want to hear, the biggies in that era, like Uncle Miltie, for instance. I would want to hear how he felt about the Elvis Presley thing, who Ed initially refused to have on the show, but later changed his tune.

Who would you rather meet, Lillian Gish or Emil Jannings?

Definitely Lillian Gish - What an incredible career she had. (BTW, I'd rather meet Jack Paar - I never missed a show and I never knew what to expect since the shows were live)

next:

Julie Harris or Kim Stanley

Definitely Lillian Gish - What an incredible career she had. (BTW, I'd rather meet Jack Paar - I never missed a show and I never knew what to expect since the shows were live)

next:

Julie Harris or Kim Stanley

Thanks for the Parr choice.

I would rather meet Kim Stanley because of her connection to Kill a Mockingbird.  Also, some of Julie's performances freak me out big time.

Next: southern Writers:

Would you rather meet Harper Lee or Mark Twain? 

One of the first books I read was The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, after which I couldn't wait to go to the public library to take out as many of Mark Twain's books as I could. So meeting Mark Twain would be an amazing experience.

Next:

Staying with authors, I'm a big fan of mysteries, suspense thrillers, and political intrigue. So, that being said, who would you rather meet Agatha Christie or John le Carre?

• Like 1

Agatha Christie is my favourite writer of all time and I have a letter she wrote my great Aunt that I received when my Great Aunt died because I'm a big fan.

Next:

Would you rather meet Dashiell Hammet or Arthur Donan Doyle

I'd rather meet Agatha Christie.

Next: Gene Rayburn ("THE MATCH GAME") or Peter Marshall ("HOLLYWOOD SQUARES")?