Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who would you rather meet?

Groucho, You Bet Your Life!

He was a brilliant comedian physically and improvisational. But also I think he was a brilliant man.

Next:

If you were going to Europe for the first time which of these movie stars from Europe would be the best tour guide/ traveling companion for you? And why?

Sophia Loren

Audrey Hepburn  or

Ingrid Bergman ???

• Like 1

Ingrid Bergman and simply because she's one of my favorite actresses and i think i would get along great with her.

Next: which comedian from Ohio would you like to meet, Bob Hope or Tim Conway ?  

On 7/13/2020 at 2:17 AM, Desilufan said:

Ingrid Bergman and simply because she's one of my favorite actresses and i think i would get along great with her.

Next: which comedian from Ohio would you like to meet, Bob Hope or Tim Conway ?  

Tim Conway because he always used to crack everybody up on The Carol Burnett Show. Even though professional actors.

Carol said no matter what he did in the run through that he would always surprise them during the actual show.

Next:

For dog lovers only--

Which of these canine movie stars would you like to meet and take for a walk and why?

Toto

Asta

Or Lassie?

• Like 1

Another tough one, I think I'd go with Asta.   Lassie may be very smart but seems like that would be a lot of work.  Always finding kids in wells...

Next:

Which  would you rather take a family vacation with :   Partridge Family or Brady Bunch?

• Like 1

This is a tough one because I don't think either of these  shows is really up to the quality of the kind of classic TV family sitcoms that I prefer like "My Three Sons" or " Leave It To Beaver".

But the mediocre quality of the shows aside, Shirley Jones is a great movie musical singer and performer.

It would be a thrill to meet her, I've only seen her in concert -- and she still has that voice.

Next:

Both Cesar Romero and Desi Arnaz come from prominent Cuban families.

Which of these Cuban-Americans would you choose to take you on a tour of Havana?

Desi or Cesar?

• Like 1

Good point!  Yes, The Douglases or the Cleavers would be much more pleasant to vacation with.

I think I'd have to go with Caesar Romero.  He had a long interesting movie career before becoming the Joker which he's best known for now.

Next:

If you could go back and relive a live performance you attended (a concert, play,...) what would it be and why

Of course I'd have to say The Beatles. I was young but I was aware of everything that was going on. The main problem with my observation was that I was too busy screaming and gasping for breath to get a lot of details.

NEXT:

Which legendary movie set would you like to have been a visitor on to watch the shooting and to meet all the cast?

Casablanca

Gone with the Wind

The Godfather

Psycho

Singin'  in the Rain ?????

• Like 1

I say Gone With The Wind. I would love to have a lunch table with Clark Gable, Vivien Leigh, Olivia DeHavilland, Leslie Howard, Hattie McDaniel and Butterfly McQueen, just to see how the conversation would go.

Next- Who would rather hoist a few pints with in a pub-

Richard Burton or Peter O'Toole?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

I say Gone With The Wind. I would love to have a lunch table with Clark Gable, Vivien Leigh, Olivia DeHavilland, Leslie Howard, Hattie McDaniel and Butterfly McQueen, just to see how the conversation would go.

Next- Who would rather hoist a few pints with in a pub-

Richard Burton or Peter O'Toole?

Peter O'Toole was a beautiful boy.

But I would simply have loved to sit at the table and basked in the velour fullness of Richard Burton's voice as he recited anything from Shakespeare to "Camelot".

What a beautiful voice...

Speaking of Broadway--

If you could have been at the opening night of a Broadway Smash Musical and gone to Sardis afterwards to party with the cast, which one would you have picked:

My Fair Lady

The Phantom of the Opera

A Chorus Line

South Pacific

West Side Story?????

Another hard choice!  I think I'd pick My Fair Lady or West Side Story.  I'd be curious to see Julie Andrews as Eliza Doolittle.

Next:   Which Huston family member's films do you prefer:

Walter, John or Angelica?

• Like 1

John Huston, as a director and as an actor he was superb!

Which acting family would you want to hang out with the most?

And who would be your favorite member?

The Barrymores 

Garland / Minnelli

The Fondas

The Bennetts

De Havilland/Fontaine

Sanders / Conway

?????

• Like 1

This is a "Sophie's Choice" question for me cuz I'm not fond of either of them.

But Kevin Klein seems to be a fun actor, so I'll have to go with him.

Next:

In International Cinema, who would be your fave to meet--

Toshiro Mifune

or

Jean-Paul Belmondo??

• Haha 1

Well, this is another hard one. I've always been in awe of Lillian and Dorothy Gish in the silent movies.

And I prefer Lillian as an actress.

But I've got to say that I've always had a fantasy of meeting Mary Pickford, one of the pioneers of Hollywood at Pickfair.

She really was the leader up there amongst all those men. :o

What a woman and what a Cinematic artist.

Next:

These are two of my favorite childhood actors, so I'm going to let somebody else  take a shot at it--

The very sexy Richard Widmark

Or

The very sexy Sidney Poitier??

• 2 weeks later...