Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Olive Thomas Bio to be released in 2007!

I'm very pleased to announce that my book on Olive Thomas' very short life and career will be released by McFarland Publishing Company in 2007. Close to ninety photos will be included, as well as a biography and extensively researched filmography on all of her films; many of which are now considered lost forever. Keep an eye on my website for further details. This is the first Olive Thomas biography ever published and my publisher is promising me a beautifully presented book early in the new year - 2007.

Best -

Michelle Vogel

www.michellevogel.com

That sounds great I will be looking for that. Who are you going to do next? Would love to see a biography's on Maria Montez and Barbara La Marr. Last one on Montez is in Spanish and don' t know about any books on La Marr.

Maria Montez is definitely on my "to do" list. Not sure about Barbara La Marr, but will check into that one. Thanks for the tip. I'm currently researching a book on the lovable Frank Morgan. Aside from playing multi roles in "The Wizard of Oz" he did close to 100 other films. An amazing resume considering his career was cut short by his death in 1949, age just fifty-nine.

Keep an eye on my website for release dates on my new books and for upcoming projects. Thanks for your interest. I appreciate it.

Best -

Michelle

www.michellevogel.com

Hi Michelle,

I'm in your Yahoo group TheCovenofOliveThomas and am very glad to hear that your book will soon be published. I did go to your webpage and you should have gotten a letter from me asking if I could link to your Olive Thomas page from my webpage as soon as I can come up with a paragraph to introduce the actress. If you think of it when writing, please try to fill me in on her favorite directors and any relationship between her and her directors.

Again, best of luck with your forthcoming book.

Scott Lord

http://www.geocities.com/lord02141/scottlord.html

Hi Scott -

I did respond to your letter via the Yahoo group weeks ago. I also joined your group too.

Olive's main influence were the Selznick's. Young Myron Selznick signed her exclusively to his new company (Selznick Pictures) and the company really campaigned hard to make her the star that she eventually became.

Good luck!

Michelle

www.michellevogel.com

Congratulations on your new book.

Can I ask you for advice?

I'm interested in doing a book on someone who doesn't have a lot of info to go on to write a book. There's a little but not a lot. Olive Thomas died young and left very little behind so how did you go about writing about her since most books on classic stars are in such great length?

Thanks

Well, you need at least a 70,000 word count for a publisher to even look at your biography. It is difficult to find info on people who have died so long ago but that's part of the fun of researching and writing. It's the thrill of the hunt.

Good luck!

Michelle

www.michellevogel.com

• 1 month later...

Hi Michelle,

Your book release will be good news for silent film fans. Sounds like you'll

be filling an informational void. I know I'll be purchasing a copy.

I've just bought the Olive Thomas DVD.

As you probably know, it features the 1920 movie, "The Flapper"

plus the modern bio-pic, "The Olive Thomas Story".

I'd never heard of her before seeing the DVD at Amazon.com,

but I'm certainly intrigued.

Thanks, J.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...