Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Images in messages

patful

That's a good point. Just because we can do it, doesn't mean we should do it.

Should we cut them out completely (other than emoticons), or just use images sparingly? If the later, I could try not to go overboard and keep any images under 30K. A more drastic cut-back option would be to try to confine images to certain threads that are marked as having images.

Ideally, the forums could be set up with a convenient way to paste in a thumbnail and have the reader optionally click for the full size image.

DavidE

http://www.classicfilmpreview.com

No, 30K's not too big. My connection's not that slow. My fear is that everyone may start pasting images just for the heck of it, whether relevant to the post or not. Then I'll have to resort to blocking all images on the boards as I do other graphic-intensive websites. And I might miss something important. Thanks for your reply.

We were doing some pasting of images just for heck of it, mostly because it was exciting we could do it (like teenagers out for a joyride). Now we can think in terms of whether an image actually adds value (the sex-as-an-integral-part-of-the-story argument), with an eye towards its effect on the bandwidth.

Thanks for bringing this up. If no one says anything, it becomes more difficult to find a balance.

DavidE

http://www.classicfilmpreview.com