Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movie Title? Period Romance-Dad Objects 2 Couple Marrying-Baby Coming

Posted in ? Forum previously . . . .

MOVIE TITLE? PERIOD FRONTIER ROMANCE-YOUNG COUPLE MARRY AGAINST WEALTHY FATHER'S WISHES, MOVE 2 WILDERNESS, SUFFER HARDSHIPS-- BABY COMING-WILL FATHER REACH HOME IN TIME?? ALL'S WELL

I'm looking for a title of an old movie that I saw maybe 25 years ago on tv. The movie was probably filmed from the 1930's through the 1960's.

The movie probably is set during the 1700's to 1800's. A young couple is wanting to get married, and the girl's wealthy father objects.

They do get married and move to the wilderness?, starting their new married lives together, suffering the usual frontier hardships. Later in the movie, the wife is pregnant with their child. The baby is coming, and their friend, farmhand, sidekick, or whoever? has to go a long distance to try and reach the husband before the baby arrives.

This movie is not: DRUMS ALONG THE MOHAWK, MRS. MIKE, THE HOWARDS OF VIRGINIA, or THE SOUTHERNER.

If someone knows even one actor or part of the title, I may be able to learn the title through www.imdb.com.