Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OMG I don't know the movie's Title!!!

Mechell

Let's play a little game (mainly cause I don't know and I'm praying SOMEONE does). The problem here will be with the fact I neither know the title, nor any of the actors/actresses names. I haven't seen this movie and 20 years and it was the movie to get me started on my love of the classics. I'd love for any information or suggested titles of what you think the movie may have been or who the particular actor I describe is by his character. There once was a movie (honestly can't remember if it was B&W or color) where this young woman stayed with this elderly man and his wife. The elderly man had an accent, german from the sound of it. He was infatuated with the young woman he was housing, and she had no clue of his feelings. She looked on him as a fatherly figure. I remember that in the movie he was always trying to give her gifts and make it so his wife didn't see. One scene was where he'd bought her a mink coat and his wife thought it was for her. The older man was short, bald, had a stomach and his actions were comical. It's said to say I do not remember much more of the movie. I only got to see it once but it left a great impression upon me.. I couldn't have been more then 8 when I watched it that one and only time. I'd love any suggestions or thoughts of what you think it may have been so that I may go research any leads. I'm sorry I could not give you more to go on.

Message was edited by:

Mechell

The plot sounds a bit like MY LOVE CAME BACK. Charles Winninger is the older man who, without his wife's knowledge, sponsors a young violinist (Olivia de Havilland) who thinks the check she is receiving every month is coming from the music academy. This causes all sorts of misunderstandings. He's actually very fond of her but she thinks of him as a fatherly type and doesn't suspect that he's in love with her until later in the plot. Jeffrey Lynn, Jane Wyman, Eddie Albert and Spring Byington were in the cast.

This may or may not be the one you're thinking of. It turns up every once in awhile at TCM.

Neil

Actually thinking of the story line it does sound very much like the movie I am thinking of. Thank you so much for your assitance. I should have come to this board sooner to find it.

Message was edited by:

Mechell

I just looked up Charles Winninger and it is the same person I was thinking of. Thank you again so much for your assitance.