Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WAS THERE EVER A WORSE"A" WESTERN THAN THE PLAINSMEN-DEMILLE!

ken123

• 1 month later...

Yes. I would nominate another C. B. DeMille western, "Northwest Mounted Police," but I like that one, so I'll nominate "The Way West" w/ Kirk Douglas, Robert Mitchum, Richard Widmark, Lola Albright, Sally Field, Jack Elam, Stubby Kaye, and Harry Carey, jr.

"True West" magazine rated it as being one of the most unrealistic westerns ever made.

There is no entry for "The PlainsMEN" as a moovie, but there is an entry for a band called the plainsmen. I found "ThePlainsMAN" you are thinking of the one with Gary Cooper and Jean Arthur?

Why didn't you like that, I liked it, but I like moovies from the 30's as a whole, just because we would consider them "bad" - Those are the most fun to watch.

See what makes these films by demille so damned great, is cos he takes himself so serios, like he is makin a huge historical statement or something.

But I really like Jean Arthur that squeeky voice. What, she played Annie Oakley in this HAHA. Better than Barbara Stanwick. Oh, no, calamity Jane.

But I liked it when Jane Russell played Calamity Jane. She had bigger.... Uh, better aerodynamics on the upper part of her torso eheh.