Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Light In The Piazza

hlywdkjk

If there are any fans of the Olivia de Havilland film around here, you might want to look in on PBS and "Live From Lincoln Center" tomorrow (Thursday) evening.

"Live From Lincoln Center" will present a live telecast of the 2005 musical play "The Light In The Piazza" on most major PBS stations. It is a great opportunity to see live theater in your living room. The production from the Vivian Beaumont Theater in New York will, in all likelihood, air just this once - tho it is possible that it may air on different dates around the country. (That is only a guess on my part.) "Live From Lincoln Center"'s stipulations on repeats are very strict (none after seven days from original broadcast) and a possible DVD of the production may be years in the offing as the musical is making a National Tour after closing in NYC next month.

For a little added trivia, the show's composer is the grandson of Richard Rogers of "Oklahoma!" and "The King and I" fame. From what little I know of the production, I believe it is as much a faithful adaptation of the film as it is of the 1960 novel.

So, let's see. What should I watch Thursday evening? The rare broadcast of a new work of musical theater performed live or Mia Farrow introducing a slate of foreign films of her choosing. Hmmm. That's a no-brainer. Sorry Mia. (Now if she was introducing Frank Sinatra or Woody Allen films, I may have some thing interesting to tune in for.)

Kyle In Hollywood