Find results in...

Faeries in Silent Movie

During the Christmas Holiday season,

TCM had a beautiful "commerical"...

Many many holiday classic movies were

sampled for this.

One of the samples was a movie clip showing little faeries

dancing all around.

Does anyone know the name of the movie~?

I believe it may have been an old silent film.

Also, if anyone is into these as I am,

would someone

know the name of a movie where a female ghost

appears at the very end~?

She seemed to be floating down a staircase.

TIA for any help.

:-)

Jack, I think she?s talking about the fairies at the beginning and end of the short promo ?100 Years at the Movies?. The girls in the white costumes, running around on stage waving their arms and their dresses as if they are fairies, actually butterflies from: Butterfly Dance (1897), Annabelle (Edison Kinetoscope Film). Also a brief clip from: Annabelle Serpentine Dance (1896), aka Serpentine Dance by Annabelle (Edison Kinetoscope Film).

http://www.filmsite.org/100yearsatmovies.html

Yes, Fred, I am sure you are right. I have seen that, and it does look like fairies dancing. I am sure the ghost is The Uninvited, and the only other one I can think of, too, is Midsummer's Night Dream. Oh, yes, there were fairies in Three Wise Fools, or were those leprechauns?

It should be noted that the list of films in Chuck Workman's "100 Years at the Movies (1994)" short were derived by members of these TCM boards and that Tim Dirks (whose filmsite is the best on the internet) borrowed our work and enhanced it a bit for his site (e.g. the link FredCDobbs provided).