Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! II

Born this day November 18th:

Co-star/support Chloe Savigny is 32.

Impressive blonde starlet, Oscar nominated best support for "Boys Don't Cry" (won numerous awards). In "Kids", "Trees Lounge", "Palmetto", "American Psycho", "Party Monster", "Dogville", "Shattered Glass" good movie, "Broken Flowers", "Lying", etc.

Linked romantically with director Harmony Korine. On the HBO TV series "Big Love".

Lead/co-star Owen Wilson is 38.

Reliable blond-haired actor, in "Anaconda", "Rushmore", "The Haunting", "Shanghai Noon", "Meet the Parents", "Zoolander", "The Royal Tenebaums", "Starsky & Hutch", "Meet the Fockers", "Wedding Crashers", "You, Me and Dupree", etc.

Brother of Luke Wilson. Was linked with singer Cheryl Crow. It's evident that his nose has been broken several times. Also a screenwriter, he made 8 films with Ben Stiller, thus far.

Co-star/support Elizabeth Perkins is 46.

Attractive, gifted actress, in "About Last Night", "Big", "Avalon" good role, "The Doctor", "The Flintstones" as Wilma, "Moonlight and Valentino", "Crazy in Alabama", "28 Days", "Cats and Dogs", "Fierce People", "Must Love Dogs", etc.

Married twice (1 child). On the cable TV series "Weeds" (Emmy Award nominee). A best friend of Diane Lane.

Co-star/support Delroy Lindo is 54.

Dependable British actor, with a powerful presence, in "The Blood of Heroes", "The Hard Way", "Malcolm X", "Crooklyn", "Broken Arrow", "Ransom", "The Cider House Rules" good movie, "The Last Castle", "The Core", Domino", etc.

Married with 1 son. Also a stage actor (Tony Award nominee).

Co-star/support Linda Evans is 64.

Beautiful blonde actress, in "Twilight of Honor", "Those Calloways", "Beach Blanket Bingo", "The Klansman", "Avalanche Express", ", "Tom Horn" w/McQueen, etc.

Married twice including to John Derek. Split with companion Yanni after 9 years. On the TV series "The Big Valley" w/Stanwyck, and as Krystle on "Dynasty" (Emmy Award and Golden Globe nominee). Last on TV in 1997.

Lead/co-star Brenda Vaccaro is 67 today.

Sparkling, husky-voiced actress from Brooklyn, Oscar nominated best support for "Once Is Not Enough" (she won Golden Globe Award). Also in "Midnight Cowboy" (Golden Globe nominee), "I Love My Wife", "Going Home", "The House by the Lake" good thriller, "Capricorn One", "Zorro, the Gay Blade", "The Mirror Has Two Faces", "Sonny", etc.

Married twice. Had a serious romance with Michael Douglas. Also a stage and TV actress (Tony and Emmy Award nominee).

Posthumous

Co-star/support Jocelyn Brando (86) 1919-2005.

Capable character actress, in "The Big Heat" as Glenn Ford's wife, "Ten Wanted Men", "Step Down to Terror", "The Ugly American", "The Chase", "Movie Movie", "Mommie Dearest", etc.

Married twice (2 sons). Sister of Marlon Brando. On numerous TV shows. Also a stage actress.

Lead/co-star David Hemmings (62) 1941-2003.

Talented British actor, remembered as the guy with the camera in "Blow-Up". Also in "Eye of the Devil", "Camelot", "Barbarella", "Alfred the Great", "The Love Machine", "Voices", "Juggernaut", "Islands in the Stream", "Gladiator", "Gangs of New York", etc.

Married 4 times (6 children). He also directed episodes of TVs "The A-Team". Prior to his death of a heart attack, he looked older than his years.

Co-star/support Imogene Coca (92) 1908-2001.

Highly regarded comedienne, in "Under the Yum Yum Tree", "Rabbit Test", "National Lampoon's Vacation" hilarious role as Aunt Edna, "Nothing Last Forever", "Papa Was a Preacher", "Buy & Cell", etc.

Was married to actor King Donovan. A staple on TVs "Your Show of Shows" w/Sid Caesar. She won an Emmy Award. Also on Broadway (Tony Award nominee).

Was the daughter of Jos? Fernandez de Coca, a violinist and vaudeville band leader, and Sadie Brady Coca, a dancer who also performed in a magician's act.

In memory of those who died this day November 18th:

Dandy character actor Donald Meek in 1946 at age 68, suave character actor Victor Francen in 1977 at age 89, opera star Dorothy Kirsten in 1992 at age 82, comical character actor Fritz Feld in 1993 at age 93, actor/singer/composer Cab Calloway in 1994 at age 86, essential character actor Harold J. Stone in 2005 at age 92.

Also the dapper & crooked Mayor of New York City Jimmy Walker in 1946 at age 65.

Mongo

Born this day November 19th:

Lead/co-star Jodie Foster is 44.

exceptional blonde actress, won Oscars' best actress for "The Accused", and "The Silence of the Lambs". Nominated best support for "Taxi Driver", and for best actress in "Nell". Also in "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore", "Bugsy Malone" neat movie, "Freaky Friday" (Golden Globe nominee), "Foxes", "Carny", "Little Man Tate" (also directed), "Sommersby", "Maverick", "Contact" (Golden Globe nominee), "Anna nd the King", "Panic Room", "Flightplan", etc.

She is a single mother of two children. Enjoys organic food. Deranged fan John Hinckley claimed that he attempted to kill President Ronald Reagan in order to impress her.

Lead/co-star Meg Ryan is 45.

Talented, perky blonde actress, Golden Globe best actress nominee for "When Harry Met Sally", "Sleepless in Seattle", and "You've Got Mail". In "Top Gun", "D.O.A.", "The Doors", "When a Man Loves a Woman" good role, "French Kiss" didn't get along with co-star Kevin Kline, "Courage Under Fire", "City of Angels", "Kate and Leopold", "In the Cut" raunchy role, etc.

Divorced from Dennis Quaid (1 son). She adopted a daughter from China. Kept company with Russell Crowe, John Cusack, and Matt Dillon.

Lead/co-star Glynnis O'Connor is 50.

Impressive actress, just missed the brass ring. In "Jeremy", "Baby Blue Marine", "Ode to Billy Joe", "California Dreaming", "The White Lions", "Melanie" exceptional role, "Johnny Dangerously", "New Best Friend", etc.

Mother of 2 daughters. Outstanding in the made for TV movies "Little Mo" as tennis ace Maureen Connolly and "Why Me?" Last on screen in 2002.

Lead/co-star Kathleen Quinlan is 52.

Stately brunette actress, Oscar nominated best support for "Apollo 13". In "Lifeguard", "I Never Promised You a Rose Garden" good role, "The Promise", "Independence Day", "Wild Thing", "Clara's Heart", "The Doors", "Breakdown", "My Giant", "A Civil Action", "The Hills Have Eyes", etc.

Married to actor Bruce Abbott (2 sons).

Lead/co-star Dan Haggerty is 65.

Big, brawny, bearded actor remembered on the TV series "The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams". In "Easy Rider", "Chrome and Hot Leather", "Hex", "King of the Mountain", "Americana", "Terror Night", "An Ordinary Killer", etc.

Married twice (3 children). Worked as an animal trainer and stunt man. Served 90 days in jail for selling cocaine in 1984.

Lead/co-star Alan Young is 87 today.

Dependable, comedic actor, remembered as Wilber on the "Mister Ed" TV series. In "Margie" w/Jeanne Crain, "Aaron Slick from Punkin Crick", "Gentleman Marry Brunettes", "tom thumb", "The Time Machine" dual role, "The Cat from Outer Space", "Em & Me", etc.

Married twice (3 children). Once dated Marilyn Monroe. He is devoted to Christian Science. Still active, he does voice over work, notably for Disney.

Posthumous

Lead/co-star Gene Tierney (70) 1920-1991.

Radiantly beautiful movie star, Oscar nominated best actress for "Leave Her to Heaven". In "Tobacco Road", "Belle Starr", "Son of Fury" w/Tyrone Power, "Heaven can Wait", "Laura" pivitol role, "Dragonwyck", "The Razor's Edge", "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir", "Whirlpool", "Close to My Heart", "The Mating Season", "The Secret of Convict Lake", "Plymouth Adventure", "Never Let Me Go", "Advise and Consent", "Toys in the Attic", etc.

Divorced from designer Oleg Cassini (2 daughters). She suffered a nervous breakdown from depression. Her second marriage of 20 years was a happy one.

"Although she was beautiful in her films, they couldn't quite capture all of her. Fortunately, I did, even if it was late in my life." - Spencer Tracy.

Lead/co-star Anton Walbrook (70) 1896-1967.

Imperious, suave and handsome Austrian actor. In "Victoria the Great", "Lola Montez", "Angel Street", "Gaslight" (1940), "The 49th. Parallel", "The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp", "The Red Shoes" as the obsessively demanding impresario, "Saint Joan", "I Accuse", etc.

He was described as a "respected screen actor, half Jewish, a homosexual and a man of conscience". His co-star of "The Red Shoes" Moira Shearer said he was a loner on the set, often wearing dark glasses and eating alone.

Co-star/support Ned Sparks (73) 1883-1957.

Essential character actor, usually a sourpuss, chomping a cigar and given to sarcasm. In "42nd. Street', "Gold Diggers of 1933", "Lady for a Day", "Going Hollywood", "Alice in Wonderland", "Imitation of Life" w/Colbert, "The Bride Walks Out", "One in a Million" (which he was), "Magic Town", etc.

Married in 1931. A radio star favorite.

Estranged himself from Hollywood friends in the last years of his life, whereas only a handful of people attended his funeral.

Also birthday wishes to our own Ted Turner who celebrates his 68th. today.

In memory of those who died this day November 19th:

British character actor Francis L. Sullivan in 1956 at age 53, comedic character actor Stepin Fetchit in 1985 at age 83, talented starlet Diane Varsi in 1992 at age 54, Oscar nominated director Alan J. Pakula in 1998 at age 70, dependable German actor Helmut Griem in 2004 at age 72, character actress Ruth Manning in 2004 at age 84, and producer/composer Terry Melcher (son of Doris Day) in 2004 at age 62.

Mongo

Born this day November 20th:

Lead/co-star Sean Young is 47.

Attractive brunette, in "road Runner", "Dune", "No Way Out" good role, "Cousins", "A Kiss before Dying", "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues", "Fatal Instinct", "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective", "Mirage", "Out of Control", "A Killer Within", "Living the Dream", etc.

Divorced (2 sons). She has at times exhibited bizaare brhavior off the screen. After failing to get the role of Catwoman in 'Batman' (1989) , she dressed up as Catwoman and attempted to confront Tim Burton and Michael Keaton on the Warner Bros. property, in 'Batman Returns' (1992), to get the role. She didn't.

Lead/co-star Bo Derek is 50.

Beautiful sexy blonde, remembered as the knockout in the movie "10". Also in "Orca", "Tarzan the Ape Man", "Bolero", "Woman of Desire", "Tommy Boy", "Sunstorm", "Life in the Balance", etc.

She is the widow of John Derek. Is/was canoodling with actor John Corbett. Last on screen in 2003.

Co-star/support Richard Dawson is 74.

Reliable British actor, in "The Longest Day", "King Rat" good war movie, "Munster, Go Home", "The Devil's Brigade", "Treasure Island", "The Running Man" good role, etc.

Married since 1991 (1 daughter). Divorced from gorgeous Diana Dors (2 sons). On the TV series "Hogan's Heroes", and as the kissy-kissy host of the long running game show "Family Feud" (won Emmy Award). Last on screen in 1987.

Co-star/support Lucy Marlow is 74.

Capable brunette starlet, in "A Star Is Born", "Tight Spot", "My Sister Eileen", "Queen Bee" w/Joan Crawford (who reportedly gave her a hard time), "He Laughed Last", etc.

Retired early from the screen for marriage. Also appeared on TV.

Lead/co-star Rex Reason is 78.

Tall, reliable actor, in "Salome" w/Hayworth, "Taza, Son of Cochise", "Yankee Pasha" w/Jeff Chandler, "Sign of the Pagan", "This Island Earth" good role, "Kiss of Fire", "The Creature Walks Among Us", "Band of Angels", "Thundering Jets", "The Miracle of the Hills", etc.

Married twice (5 children). Brother of Rhodes Reason. Las on screen in 1959. Had a running role on TVs "Here's Lucy" (with you-know-who).

Co-star/support Estelle Parsons is 79.

Essential character actress, won Oscar best support as Blanche in "Bonnie and Clyde", and nominated for "Rachel, Rachel". In "The Front Page", "Watermelon Man", "I Never Sang for My Father" good role, "I Walk the Line" w/Peck, "For Pete's Sake", "Dick Tracy", "The Lemmon Sisters", "Boys on the Side", etc.

Married twice (3 children). A 4 time Tony Award nominee. On the TV series "Roseanne".

Co-star/support Kaye Ballard is 80.

Plump, comedic actress, in "The Girl Most Likely", "A House Is Not a Home", "Freaky Friday", "The Ritz" hilarious role, "Pandemonium", "Fate", "Baby Geniuses", "The Million Dollar Kid", etc.

She began in vaudeville. Was on the TV series "The Mothers-in-Law" w/Eve Arden. Is a breast cancer survivor. Born Catherine Gloria Balotta. Last on screen in 2000.

Lead/co-star Phyllis Thaxter is 85.

Sincere, talented and underrated actress, in "Bewitched" good role, "The Sea of Grass", "Blood on the Moon", "No Man of Her Own" w/Stanwyck, "The Breaking Point" w/Gafield, "Come Fill the Cup" w/Cagney, "Jim Thorp-All American" w/Lancaster, "Women's Prison", "Superman" as his mom, etc.

Married twice including to CBS president James T. Aubrey (2 children). Appeared on TV. Retired to Florida.

Co-star/support Douglas Dick is 86.

Reliable, blondish actor, remembered as the college student who attempts to rape Loretta Young in "The Accused". Also in "The Searching Wind", "Saigon", Hitchcock's "Rope", "Home of the Brave", "The Red Badge of Courage", "The Iron Mistress", "Flaming Star", "Dawn of Victory", etc.

Married twice. Last on screen in 1960. He became a psychologist.

Lead/co-star Evelyn Keyes is 87 today.

Lovely blonde actress, remembered as Suellen O'Hara in "Gone With the Wind". Also in "Union Pacific", "The Face Behind the Mask" good movie w/Peter Lorre, "Here Comes Mr. Jordan", "A Thousand and One Nights" as the Genie, "The Jolson Story", "Mrs. Mike", "The Prowler" good role, "The Killer That Stalked New York" as a smallpox victim, "99 River Street", "Hell's Half Acre", "The Seven Year Itch", etc.

Married 4 times including to director John Huston and Artie Shaw. She also lived with producer Michael Todd.

Quoted: "I always took up with the man of the moment-and there were many such men" Last on screen in 1989. Is reported to be ailing.

Posthumous

Co-star/support Danny Dayton (75) 1923-1999.

Capable, slight in size character actor, in "The Turning Point" w/Garfield, "Guys and Dolls" as Rusty Charlie, "Which Way to the Front?", "Love at First Bite", "The Sting II", "Life Stinks", "Ed Wood", etc.

Was married to busty blonde TV performer Dagmar. Lots of TV roles including "All in the Family" as Hank.

Lead/co-star Judy Canova (69) 1913-1983.

Popular actress, was Hollywood's zany hillbilly. She sang and yodeled in "Scatterbrain", "Sis Hopkins", "Sleepytime Gal", "Joan of Ozark", "Chatterbox", "Honeychile", "The WAC from Walla, Walla", etc.

Married 4 times (2 daughters including Diana Canova). Was a caustic biddy on the Hitchcock TV episode "Party Line". In real life she was a woman of fashion. Has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Lead/co-star Rod La Rocque (70) 1898-1969.

Populat heartthrob of the silent screen since 1914, in "The Ten Commandments", etc. He was supported by such stars as Stanwyck, Lillian Gish, Norma Shearer, Helen Twelvetrees, Joan Crawford, etc.

Married to silent screen star Vilma Banky for 52 years. Also in vaudeville. Retired from the screen in 1941.

Lead/co-star Reginald Denny (75) 1891-1967.

Talented Englishman remembered as Algy Longworth in Paramounts "Bulldog Drummond" movie series. Also in "The Lost Patrol", "Romeo and Juliet", "Rebecca", "Seven Sinners", "The Locket", "Christmas Eve", "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House", "Cat Ballou", etc.

Married twice (4 children). Also in silent films and vaudeville.

Lead/co-star Robert Armstrong (82) 1890-1973.

Dependable, slick-haired 'cocky' actor, in "The Woman from Hell" w/Mary Astor, "Paid" w/Joan Crawford, "King Kong" ("It was beauty killed the beast"), "Son of Kong", "The Hell Cat" w/Ann Sothern, "G-Men" w/Cagney, "Enemy Agent", "Dive Bomber", "Baby Face Morgan", "The Mad Ghoul", "Bell of the Yukon", "Blood on the Sun", "The Sea of Grass", "Mighty Joe Young", etc.

Married 3 times. Served in WWI. He and wife Louise became "adopted" parental figures to young actor Jimmy Lydon. He was 'best man' at Lydon's 1952 wedding and godfather to his oldest daughter. After his death, Lydon became Louise's guardian for 18 years until her death at the age of 97.

Co-star/support Zeffie Tilbury (86) 1863-1950.

Endearing character actress, remembered as Grandma Joad in John Ford's "The Grapes of Wrath", and in "Tobacco Road". In "Were Wolf of London", "Alice Adams", "The Last Days of Pompeii", "The Bohemian Girl" w/Laurel & Hardy, "Desire", "The Gorgeous Hussy", "Marie Antoinette", "Balalaika", "She Couldn't Say No", etc.

A grand stage actress. During the 1930s Miss Tilbury was going blind, a fact she successfully kept secret from the public.

In memory of those who died this day November 20th:

Breezy supporting actress Cathy Lewis in 1968 at age 51, novelty song singer Allan Sherman in 1973 at age 48, promising actor Scott Newman (Paul's son) committed suicide in 1978 at age 28, dependable Asian character actor Richard Loo in 1983 at age 80, and lovely actress Lynn Bari in 1989 at age 75.

Mongo

Wow Mr. Mongo, I'm suprised you didn't list Blade Runner for Sean Young. I think of this as her most important role. Her screen presence as "Rachael" was one of the most exquisite of all time (along with Catherine Deneuve in The Hunger and Garbo in The Kiss).

Message was edited by JackBurley, who had a second thought:

Oh wait, perhaps Road Runner was intended to be Blade Runner? Or did she do one of the voices of the Warner Bros. cartoon? "Beep beep!"

Jack, ya caught me. Yes, the title was meant to be "Blade Runner". It's just that I love Road Runner so darn much, I couldn't help myself. I guess.

Sean Young should have indeed caught the brass ring.

Pintorini, I hate to admit it, but more people will recall Richard Dawson on "Family Feud", than many a grand movie star in a great role. That's just the way it is.

A film listed today in the birthday of Evelyn Keyes is "The Face Behind the Mask" (1941).

An exceptional 'B' movie in which Miss Keyes plays a blind girl opposite a disfigured Peter Lorre.

It will be shown on TCM on Monday December 4th. at 4:15AM and it is worth taping.

Hi Mongo,

Happy Birthday to Rex Reason.

My grandmother met him at an out of town showing of "Salome", somewhere in Arizona once and attempted to corral him. Harry Cohn had invited and taken several LA society people for a charity affair (I think it was to Scottsdale).

But, Rex was married and manuoeuvered Nell towards Richard Allan, another Columbia player.

Several years later Rex was divorced and Nell pounced again. Clever Rex pointed her in the direction of Steve Cochran.

Rex was always the 'one who got away'.......

Larry

Born this day November 21st:

Lead/co-star Jena Malone is 22.

Exceptionally gifted starlet, had a stunning debut in "Bast*rd Out of Carolina". In "Contact", "Stepmom", "The Book of Stars", "For Love of the Game", "Donnie Darko", "Life as a House", "Cold Mountain", "Saved!", "The Ballard of Jack and Rose", "Lying", etc.

Also on Broadway. She won legal emancipation from her mother due to mismanagement of her career earnings.

Lead/co-star Nicollette Sheridan is 43.

Statuesque blonde actress, made a splash as Edie on the hot TV series "Desperate Housewives" (Golden Globe nominee). In "The Sure Thing", "Noises Off", "Spy Hard", "Beverly Hills Ninja", "Raw Nerve", "Lost Treasure", etc.

Divorced from Harry Hamlin. Dated singer Michael Bolton. Met Leif Garrett at age 15. Lived with him under his mother's roof as a minor. The relationship lasted 6 years.

Lead/co-star Goldie Hawn is 61.

Attractive 'ditzy' blonde actress, won Oscar best support for "Cactus Flower", and Oscar nominated best actress for "Private Benjamin". In "Butterflies Are Free" (Golden Globe nominee), "The Sugarland Express", "Shampoo" (Golden Globe nominee), "The Duchess and the Dirtwater FoX" (Golden Globe nominee), "Foul Play" (Golden Globe nominee), "Best Friends" (Golden Globe nominee), "Swing Shift", "Wild Cats", "Overboard", "Deceived", "The First Wives Club", "The Banger Sisters" (Golden Globe nominee), etc.

Married twice and current companion to Kurt Russell since 1983 (1 son). Mother of Kate Hudson. Appeared on the TV series "Laugh-In". Is an accomplished ballet dancer.

Co-star/support Juliet Mills is 65.

Reliable English actress, in "So Well Remembered", "Carry On Jack", "The Rare Breed", "Oh! What a Lovely War", "Avanti" (Golden Globe nominee), "Beyond the Door", "The Other Sister", etc.

Married since 1980 to Maxwell Caulfield (2 children). Daughter of John Mills and sister of Haley Mills. Goddaughter of Viven Leigh. On the TV series "Nanny and the Professor" (Golden Globe nominee). On the soap "Passions" (Emmy Award nominee). Also a Tony Award nominee.

Co-star/support Laurence Luckinbill is 72.

Capable actor, in "Boys in the Band", "Such Good Friends", "The Money", "The Promise", "Cocktail", "Messenger of Death", "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier", etc.

Married to Lucie Arnaz since 1980 (3 children). Divorced from Robin Strasser (2 sons). A prominent TV performer, and Tony Award nominee. Last on screen in 1989.

Co-star/support Joseph Campanella is 73 today.

Brawny, talented actor, in "Murder Inc.", "The St. Valentine's Day Massacre", "Ben", "Meteor", "Body Chemistry", "A Show of Force", "The Glass Cage", "Dust", "The Showdown", etc.

Married since 1964 (7 sons). Stage actor and Tony Award nominee. On numerous TV shows and series.

Rumored to be the voice of Berkshire Control in the classic science fiction movie "Silent Running" (1972).

Posthumous

Co-star/support Robert Drivas (47) 1938-1986.

Charismatic, once promising actor, in "Cool Hand Luke", "The Illustrated Man" good role, "Where It's at", "Road Movie", "God Told Me To" good Sci-Fi horror flick, etc.

A stage actor and director, he was on a few TV series. Nickname was Pretty Boy. He died of Aids.

Co-star/support Vivian Blaine (74) 1921-1995.

Bubbly blonde actress/singer, remembered as Miss Adeleide in "Guys and Dolls". Also in "Jitterbugs" w/Laurel & Hardy, "Greenwich Village", "Something for the Boys", "Doll Face", "Nob Hill" w/Raft, "State Fair", "Three Little Girls in Blue", "Skirts Ahoy", "I'm Going to Be Famous", etc.

Married 3 times. A prominent musical stage actress. Also on TV. A clothes horse involved in the apparel industry she appeared on many "Best Dressed Women in America" lists from 1973 to 1983.

Lead/co-star Ralph Meeker (67) 1920-1988.

Dependable, macho actor, in "Teresa", "Somebody Loves Me", "The Naked Spur", "Jeopardy" w/Stanwyck, "Kiss Me Deadly" outstanding as Mike Hammer, "A Woman's Devotion", "Paths of Glory" exceptional role, "Ada", "The Dirty Dozen", "The Detective", "I Walk the Line" w/Peck, "Brannigan", "The Food of the Gods", "Winter Kill", "Something Wild", etc.

Married twice including to actress Salome Jens. Also on TV.

Co-star/support Steve Brodie (72) 1919-1992.

Reliable 'tough guy' actor, in "A Walk in the Sun", "Crossfire", "Out of the Past", "Home of the Brave" Good role, "The Big Wheel", "Winchester '73", "Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye" w/Cagney, "The Steel Helmet", "Donovan's Brain", "The Caine Mutiny", "The Far Country" good western, etc.

Father of actor Kevin Brodie. Also on TV.

Lead/co-star Eleanor Powell (69) 1912-1982.

Talented, leggy, fresh-faced tap-dancing star with a dazzling smile. In "Born to Dance", "Honolulu", "The Broadway Melody of 1936", "The Broadway Melody of 1938", "Lady Be Good", "The Broadway Melody of 1940", "Ship Ahoy", "I Dood It" w/Red Skelton, "Sensations of 1945", etc.

Divorced from Glenn Ford (1 son). She began her machine gun foot work on the Broadway stage. Quoted: "I'd rather dance than eat". Has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

TCM is giving this lady of faith a birthday salute for most of the day. And deservedly so.

Lead/co-star Dorothy Granger (82) 1912-1982.

Popular actress in over 200 films since 1929. In "Politics", "The Beast of the City", "The Dentist" an outrageous short with W.C. Fields as her dentist, in numerous pre-codes and also "Naughty Marietta", "Show Boat", "Camille", "**** Tonk" w/Gable, "Westward the Women", "So Big", "Raintree County", etc.

Played opposite Leon Errol in many comedy shorts. Was considered for the role of Belle Watling in "Gone With the Wind", until director George Cukor was dismissed from the film.

In memory of those who died this day November 21st:

Charismatic actor/boxer Max Baer in 1959 at age 50, supporting actor Paul Wexler in 1979 at age 50, portly character actor Harry von Zell in 1981 at age 75, brassy character actress Lee Patrick in 1982 at age 80, comedic character actor Jerry Colonna in 1986 at age 82, prominent director Daniel Mann in 1991 at age 79, amiable actor/director Bill Bixby in 1993 at age 59, and handsome TV actor Gardner McKay in 2001 at age 69.

Mongo

Born this day November 22nd.

Lead/co-star Scarlett Johansson is 22.

Gifted starlet, in "The Horse Whisperer", "Ghost World", "The Man Who Wasn't There", "An American Rhapsody", "Eight Legged Freaks", "Lost in Translation" (Golden Globe nominee), "Girl with a Pearl Earring" (Golden Globe nominee), "Love Song for Bobby Long" (Golden Globe nominee), "Good Company", "Match Point" (Golden Globe nominee), "Scoop", "The Black Dahlia", etc.

Is dating/dated Josh Hartnett. She has a twin brother.

Lead/co-star Mark Ruffalo is 39.

Reliable, good-looking actor, in "Rough Trade", "There Goes My Baby", "Blood Money", "The Dentist", "You Can Count on Me" good role, "The Last Castle", "In the Cut", "13 Going on 30", "Collateral", "All the King's Men", etc.

Married since 2000 (2 children). Also a stage actor. He is a former bartender.

Lead/co-star Jamie Lee Curtis is 48.

Slender, sweet natured actress, the scream queen of the horror movie "Halloween" and the sequels. Also in "The Fog", "Prom Night", "Terror Train", "Trading Places", "A Fish Called Wanda" (Golden Globe nominee), "Blue Steel", "My Girl", "True Lies" (Golden Globe nominee), "Freaky Friday" (Golden Globe nominee), "Christmas with the Kranks", etc.

Married to Christopher Guest since 1984. Daughter of Tony Curtis and Janet Leigh. She also writes delightful children's books.

Lead/co-star Tom Conti is 65.

Skilled actor, Oscar nominated best actor for "Reuben, Reuben". Also in "Galileo", "Saving Grace", "Shirley Valentine", "Out of Control", "The Enemy", "Don't Go Breaking My Heart", etc.

Married (1 daughter). A stage actor, he won a Tony Award for "Whose Life Is It Anyway". Quoted: "A film set is just a never-ending hell."

Co-star/support Allen Garfield is 67.

Reliable, stocky character actor on screen since 1968, in "Putney Swope", "The Owl and the Pussycat", "Bananas", "The Candidate", "The Conversation", "Nashville", "The Cotton Club", "Diabolique", "The Majestic", etc.

Also a stage actor. He was a former boxer. On the TV series "Chicago Hope".

Co-star/support Michael Callan is 71.

Capable, good-looking actor, in "They Came to Cordura", "The Flying Fontaines", "Mysterious Island", "Because They're Young", "The Interns", "The Victors" good war drama, "Cat Ballou", "Lepke", "Freeway", "Stuck on You", "The Still Life", etc.

Married 3 times (2 daughters). Was on the soap "One Life to Live". Won a Golden Globe Award. On the TV series "Superboy" as Metallo. Played Riff in the original Broadway cast of "West Side Story".

Lead/co-star Robert Vaughn is 74 today.

Dependable actor in over 100 films, Oscar nominated best support for "The Young Philadelphians". Also in "Teenage Caveman", "The Magnificent Seven" (he is the only surviving member of the original 7), "The Caretakers", "Bullitt", "The Statue", "The Towering Inferno", "S.O.B", "The Delta Force", "Happy Hour", etc.

Married since 1974 (2 children). On the TV series "The Man from U.N.C.L.E. as Napoleon Solo (Golden Globe nominee), and on "The Protectors" as Harry Rule.

Birthday wishes go out to boardmember Path today.

Posthumous

Co-star/support Mary Jackson (95) 1910-2005.

Reliable character actress, remembered as Miss Emily Baldwin on the TV series "The Waltons". In "Targets", "Airport" as a Nun, "Wild Rovers", "Blume in Love", "Audrey Rose", "Coming Home", "Some Kind of Hero", "Big Top Pee-wee", "A Family Thing", etc.

Married 68 years. Formerly a Depression-era school teacher.

Lead/co-star Geraldine Page (62) 1924-1987.

Superior actress, won Oscar best actress for her fine performance as Carrie Watts in "The Trip to Bountiful". Oscar nominated best actress for "Summer and Smoke" (won Golden Globe), "Sweet Bird of Youth" (won Golden Globe), "Interiors", and for best support in "Hondo", "You're a Big Boy Now", "Pete 'n' Tillie", and "The Pope of Greenwich Village". Also in "Dear Heart", "Toys in the Attic" (Golden Globe nominee), "What Ever Happened to Aunt Alice?", "The Beguiled" w/Eastwood, "J.W. Coop", "The Day of the Locust" Hollywood decadence, "Nasty Habits", "Native Son", "My Little Girl", etc.

Was married to Rip Torn (3 children including twin sons). A grand stage actress and Tony Award nominee. She won an Emmy Award.

Quoted: "I didn't want to be a Hollywood actress who every so often does a Broadway play. I wanted to be a Broadway actress who every so often does a movie."

Lead/co-star Rodney Dangerfield (82) 1921-2004.

Outrageously funny, bug-eyed comic actor, in "caddyshack", "Easy Money", "Back to School", "Ladybugs", "Natural Born Killers" good role, "Meet Wally Sparks", "The Godson", "My 5 Wives", "Little Nicky", etc.

Married 3 times (2 children). A staple in stand-up comedy ("I don't get no respect"). Had the successful nightclub "Dangerfield's". Born Jacob Cohen.

Lead/co-star Roland Winters (84) 1904-1989.

Capable, stocky character actor, played the third 'Charlie Chan" in a series of films for Monogram Studios, beginning with "The Chinese Ring" (1947). In "Cry of the City" good noir, "Malaya", "Captain Carey U.S.A." w/Ladd, "To Please a Lady" w/Stanwyck, "So Big", "Jet Pilot", etc.

Co-starred on a few TV series including "Meet Millie" with Elena Verdugo. Also on Broadway.

Co-star/support Lee Patrick (80) 1901-1982.

Brassy blonde character actress, in "Strange Cargo", "The Sisters", "City for Conquest", "Million Dollar Baby" w/Priscilla Lane, "The Maltese Falcon" as Effie, "Now, Voyager", "Jitterbugs" w/Laurel & Hardy, "In This Our Life" as Bette Davis' good time pal, "Mrs. Parkington", "Mildred Pierce", "Caged" as madame Elvira Powell, Inner Sanctum" neat 'B' film, "Vertigo", "Auntie Mame", "Pillow Talk", "Summer and Smoke", "Wives and Lovers", etc.

Was married 45 years. Also a stage actress, and on the TV series "Topper" as his scatterbrained wife.

Co-star/support Hoagy Carmichael (82) 1899-1981.

Dependable, lanky, laid-back actor, in "To have and Have Not", "Canyon Passage", "The Best Years of Our Lives" as Butch, "Night Song" w/Dana Andrews, "Johnny Holiday", "Young Man with a Horn", "Belles on Their Toes", etc.

Married twice including to actress Wanda McKay. A prominent composer and songwriter ("Star Dust", "Georgia on My Mind", etc.). Won Oscar best for song "In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening". Holds the record for longest song title: "I'm a Cranky Old Yank in a Clanky Old Tank on the Streets of Yokohama with my Honolulu Mama Doing Those Beat-o, Beat-o, Flat on my Seat-o Hirohito Blues". Amazing.

Co-star/support Elizabeth Patterson (90) 1875-1966.

Dainty although feisty character actress remembered as Mrs. Trumball on TVs "I Love Lucy". In "So Big!", "A Bill of Divorcement", "Dinner at Eight", "So Red the Rose", "The Story of Alexander Graham Bell", "The Cat and the Canary", "Tobacco Road", "Belle Starr", "My Sister Eileen", "Little Women", "Pal Joey", "Intruder in the Dust", "Tall Story", etc.

Quoted: "Live television is the hardest work I ever did and I was a nervous wreck. You really have no time for learning and rehearsals. Swallowing the play whole, hanging on and just hoping that you will come on in the right place and say the right thing."

In memory of those who died this day November 22nd:

Prolific writer Jack London ('The Sea Wolf') in 1916 at age 40, songwriter Lorenz Hart in 1943 at age 48, dependable character actor Moroni Olson in 1954 at age 65, comedy stooge Shemp Howard in 1955 at age 60, costume designer Don Loper in 1972 at age 66, ultimate sex queen Mae West in 1980 at age 87, reliable character actor Scatman Crothers in 1986 at age 76, endearing character actor Sterling Holoway in 1992 at age 87, lovely supporting actress Stephanie Bachelor in 1996 at age 84, and blonde dynamo Adele Jergens in 2002 at age 84.

Last but not least President John F. Kennedy assassinated in 1963 at age 46.

Mongo

Born his day November 23rd:

Lead/co-star Maxwell Caulfield is 47.

Reliable, handsome actor, in "Gease 2", "Electric Dreams", "The Boys Next Door" good role, "Calendar Girl", "Gettysburg", "The Real Blonde", "More to Love", "Facing the Enemy", "The Snow Prince", etc.

Married to Juliet Mills since 1980. On the TV series "The Colbys". Began as a 'Go-Go' dancer, and appeared nude on stage.

Co-star/support Susan Anspach is 64.

Attractive blonde actress, in "Five Easy Pieces", "Play It Again, Sam", "Blume in Love", "The Big Fix", "Running", "The Devil and Max Devlin", "Heaven and Earth", "Blood Red", "Back to Back", etc.

Married twice including to actor Mark Goddard. Has a son with Jack Nicholson, and a daughter with actor Steve Curry. Last on screen in 1998.

Lead/co-star Franco Nero is 65.

Handsome, virile Italian actor, in "The Bible", "Camelot", "The Virgin and the Gypsy", "Force 10 from Navarone", "The Man with Bogart's Face", "The Visitor", "The Salamander", "Enter the Ninja", "Die Hard 2", "Forever Blues", etc.

Has a son from his relationship with Vanessa Redgrave. A Golden Globe nominee.

Co-star/support Sybil Jason is 77.

Former child actress of the 1930s, remembered as the darling Cockney servent girl in "The Little Princess" w/Shirley Temple. Also in "Barnacle Bill", "The Singing Kid" w/Al Jolson, "The Great O'Malley" w/Pat O'Brien, "Comet Over Broadway", "The Blue Bird", etc.

Is married since 1947 (1 child). Although retired, she attends Nostalgia events. Sybil's cockney accent in "The Little Princess" (1939) was coached by Wendy Hiller, of "Pygmalion" (1938) fame. She is also an active honorary member of the International Al Jolson Society.

Lead/co-star Michael Gough is 89 today.

Tall, gaunt, British actor, in "The Man in the White Suit", "Richard III", "Horror of Dracula", "Konga" a poor man's 'King Kong', "Black Zoo", "Berserk!", "Trog" (both w/Joan Crawford), "The Go-Between", "The Boys from Brazil" a thriller, "Venom", "Batman" and sequels as Alfred Pennyworth, "Sleepy Hollow", etc.

Married and divorced 3 times (2 children). Also a stage actor, won a Tony Award. Is still active.

Posthumous

Co-star/support Dominique Dunne (22) 1959-1982.

Pretty starlet whose career would be tragically cut short, played the older daughter Dana in "Poltergeist".

Sister of Griffin Dunne, and daughter of novelist Dominick Dunne. Also appeared on a few TV shows.

Sadly, after breaking off with her boyfriend, a confrontation ensued and he strangled her. In a coma she would die 5 days later. He would serve only 21/2 years for the crime.

Lead/co-star Ellen Drew (88) 1915-2003.

Lovely, appealing actress, in "If I Were King", "Geronimo" good film, "Buck Benny Rides Again", "Christmas in July" fun movie, "The Mad Doctor", "The Monster and the Girl" is better than the title, "The Parson of Panamint", "The Remarkable Andrew" w/William Holden, "Isle of the Dead", "Stars in My Crown", "Man in the Saddle", etc.

Married 4 times (1 son). Did some TV work. She left the screen in 1957.

Co-star/support John Dehner (76) 1915-1992.

Reliable character actor in over 200 films (usually a bad guy). in "Golden Earrings" w/Dietrich, "He Walked by Night", "Three Secrets", "Vicki", "Ten Tall Men", "Scaramouche", "Plymouth Adventure", "Man on a Tightrope", "The Prodigal", "The Scarlet Coat", "Apache", "Carousel", "Trooper Hook", "Topaz", "The Boys from Brazil", etc.

Began his career as a Disney animator. On numerous TV shows and series.

Lead/co-star George O'Hanlon (76) 1912-1989.

Comedic actor best remembered as Joe McDokes in the "So You Want to Be..." comedy shorts which run on TCM.

Father of George O'Hanlon Jr. On numerous TV shows, and also the voice of George Jetson on the animated series "The Jetsons".

Co-star/support Victor Jory (79) 1902-1982.

Durable character actor in over 100 films. In "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" as Injun Joe, "Dodge City", "Each Dawn I Die", "Gone With the Wind", "The Kansan", "The Loves of Carmen", "A Woman's Secret", "Cat-Women of the Moon", "The Fugitive Kind", "The Miracle Worker" as father Keller, "Cheyenne Autumn", "Papillon", "The Mountain Men", etc.

Married for 50 years (2 children). Also appeared on TV.

Co-star/support Bess Flowers (85) 1898-1984.

Statuesque blonde character actress, 'Queen of the Hollywood Extras' in close to 700 films. Usually in party scenes, nightclub scenes, etc. decked out in evening wear.

She is seen in the opening of "All About Eve" congratulating Eve on winning her award.

Married twice (1 daughter).

Lead/co-star Harpo Marx (75) 1888-1964.

Outrageous comic actor, with poofy curly wig, top hat, raincoat, horn, was a lovable 'mute'. Along with his brothers Groucho and Chico he was in "Animal Crackers", "Horse Feathers", "Duck Soup", "A Night at the Opera", "Room Service", "The Big Store", etc.

Married (4 adopted children). Was a fine harpist and adored children. Of course he could really talk. Recreated the mirror scene from "Duck Soup" (1933) in an episode of "I Love Lucy" (1951).

Co-star/support Nana Bryant (67) 1888-1955.

Grand character actress on screen since 1935, in "Theodora Goes Wild", "Pennies from Heaven", "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer", "One Foot in Heaven", "The Song of Bernadette", "Bathing Beauty", "The Big Fix", "The Unsuspected", "Harvey", "Only the Valiant", "Bright Victory", "The Outcast", etc.

Also on TV.

Lead/co-star Boris Karloff (81) 1887-1969.

Superior actor and horror star, in "Frankenstein", "The Mummy", "The Ghoul", "The Black Cat", "The Bride of Frankenstein", "The Raven", "The Walking Dead", "Son of Frankenstein", "Black Friday", "House of Frankenstein", "The Body Snatcher", "Isle of the Dead", "Bedlam", DeMille's "Unconquered", etc.

Married 6 times (1 daughter Sara shares his birthday and is 68 today). Also a silent film and stage actor. In "Arsenic and Old Lace" on Broadway. His nickname was Billy.

In memory of those who died this day November 23rd.

Western actor Spade Cooley in 1969 at age 58, zany blonde actress Marie Wilson in 1972 at age 56, juvenile actor Robert 'Bobby' Ellis ('April Showers') in 1973 at age 40, lovely blonde actress Claire Dodd in 1973 at age 64, silent screen star Constance Talmadge in 1973 at age 76, grand Asian actor Sessue Hayakawa in 1973 at age 84, beautiful actress Merle Oberon in 1979 at age 68, dependable actress Marcia Henderson in 1987 at age 58, prominent writer Roald Dahl in 1990 at age 74, 'evil' character actor Klaus Kinski in 1991 at age 65, pre-code actress Constance Cummings in 2005 at age 95, and lovely fresh-faced actress Beverly Tyler in 2005 at age 78.

A Happy Thanksgiving to one and all today.

Mongo

Born this day November 24th:

Lead/co-star Shirley Henderson is 41.

Impressive, dark-haired actress from Scotland, in "Rob Roy", "Trainspotting", "Wonderland", "Topsy-Turvy", "Bridget Jones's Diary" as Jude, "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" as Moaning Myrtle, "American Cousins", "Marie Antoinette", etc.

Unmarried, she is also a stage actress. Being age 35 at the time that she first played Moaning Myrtle, she is the oldest actor to play a Hogwarts student in the Harry Potter films.

Lead/co-star Billy Connolly is 64.

Big, burly talented Scot, in "Absolution", "Indecent Proposal", "Muppet Treasure Island", "Mrs. Brown" exceptional role, "The Imposters", "Beautiful Joe", "Gabriel & Me", "White Orleander", "The Last Samurai", "Fido", etc.

Married twice (5 children). Also a writer. Known for his Long, messy hair, 'Goatee' beard and lots of bad language in his stand-up show.

Posthumous

Lead/co-star Geraldine Fitzgerald (91) 1913-2005.

Gifted Irish beauty, Oscar nominated best support for "Wuthering Heights". Also in "Dark Victory", "'Til We Meet Again", "The Gay Sisters", "Watch on the Rhine", "Wilson", "Three Strangers", "Nobody Lives Forever", "The Pawnbroker", "Harry and Tonto", "The Mango Tree", "Arthur", etc.

Married twice (2 children). Lifelong friend of Maureen O'Sullivan. Made 2 grand appearances on TVs "The Golden Girls" (Emmy Award nominee). Also on Broadway.

Co-star/support Alan Lake (43) 1940-1984.

Reliable British actor, in "Catch Us If You Can", "Charlie Bubbles", "Hide and Seek", "The Swordsman", "Flame", "The Office Party", "Con Man", etc.

Widower of Diana Dors (1 son). After she died in 1984, he committed suicide on the 16th anniversary of their first meeting. Was a master Swordsman.

Co-star/support Lee Bonnell (67) 1918-1986.

Capable actor, in "Stranger on the Third Floor" w/Lorre, "Lady Scarface", "Parachute Battalion", "The Gay Falcon", "Sister Kenny", "San Quentin", "The Checkered Coat", etc.

Was married to Gale Storm (4 children). He became a wealthy executive.

Lead/co-star Howard Duff (76) 1913-1990.

Dependable, virile actor, in "Brute Force", "The Naked City", "All My Sons", "Woman in Hiding", "Shakedown", "Private Hell 36", "Women's Prison", "While the City Sleeps", "Boy's Night Out", "A Wedding", "Kramer vs. Kramer", etc.

Divorced from Ida Lupino (1 daughter). Played Sam Spade on radio. On the TV series "Mr. Adams and Eve" w/Lupino.

Lead/co-star Kirby Grant (73) 1911-1985.

Reliable actor, on screen from 1935, in "My Favorite Blonde", "Hello, Frisco Hello", "Destination Tokyo", "In Society" w/Abbott & Costello, "Lawless Breed", "Snow Dog" which began a series of movies as Cpl. Rod Webb of the Yukon, etc.

Remembered as TVs "Sky King". Was killed in a road accident.

Co-star/support Roman Bohnen (54) 1894-1949.

Grand character actor, in "Of Mice and Men" (1939) as Candy, "So Ends Our Night", "The Hard Way" as Ida Lupino's husband, "The Song of Bernadette" as Bernadette's lazy father, "The Mask of Dimitrios", "None But the Lonely Heart", "The Strange Love of Martha Ivers", "The Best Years of Our Lives" as Dana Andrews' proud dad, "Brute Force", "Song of Love", "Joan of Arc", etc.

He left for Hollywood in the late 30's to pursue a film career mainly as an effort to earn money for his family and ailing wife, Hilda.

Is the mean boss in the short film "The Tell-Tale Heart", shown on TCM.

It was said that his death was due to the enormous pressure he was getting from government investigators to testify before the House Un-American Activities Committee, ala John Garfield.

Co-star/support Cathleen Nesbitt (93) 1888-1982.

Lovely character actress, in "Pygmalion", "Caesar and Cleopatra", "Nicholas Nickleby", "Three Coins in the Fountain", "Black Widow", "An Affair to Remember" as the grandmother, ""Separate Tables", "The Parent Trap", "Family Plot", "Julia", etc. Married for 62 years (2 children). Was the original mother of Rex Harrison in the play "My Fair Lady".

In memory of those who died this day November 24th:

Brassy movie star Ruth Chatterton in 1961 at age 67, suave, 'wise-guy' movie star George Raft in 1985 at age 80, and dependable co-star Jeffrey Lynn in 1995 at age 86.

Mongo

Born this day November 25th:

Co-star/support John Larroquette is 59.

Tall, reliable actor, in ?Altered States?, Heart Beat?, Stripes?, ?Cat People?, ??Meatballs Part II?, ?Choose Me?, ?Summer Rental?, ?JFK?, ?Richie Rich?, ?Isn?t She Great?, etc.

Married since 1975 (3 children). Won 4 Emmy Awards for his role as Dan Fielding on the TV series ?Night Court?. Overcame a bout with alcoholism. Served in the U.S. Navy. Appears on TVs ?McBride?.

Co-star/support Beverly Washburn is 63.

Former child actress , good at shedding tears, in ?The Killer That Stalked New York?, ?Here Comes the Groom?, ?Hans Christian Andersen?, ?Shane? w/Alan Ladd, ?The Juggler? w/Kirk Douglas, ?The Lone Ranger?, ?Disney?s ?Old Yeller?, ?Summer Love?, ?The Winner?, ?Spider Baby? w/Lon Chaney Jr., etc.

She has guested on over 500 TV shows. Attends Nostalgia events.

Co-star/support Kathryn Grant is 73.

Pert, vivacious actress , in ?Forever Female?, ?Living It Up?, ?Rear Window?, ?Cell 2455 Death Row?, ?Storm Center? w/Bette Davis, ?The Brothers Rico?, ?Mister Cory?, ?Operation Madball?, ?The 7th. Voyage of Sinbad? notable role, ?Anatomy of a Murder?, ?The Big Circus?, etc.

Widow of Bing Crosby (3 children, including Mary Crosby who shot J.R. on TVs Dallas). She did not remarry.

Co-star/support Terry Kilburn is 80.

Former child star, endearing as Tiny Tim in ?A Christmas Carol? (1938). Also in ?Lord Jeff?, ?Sweethearts?, ?Goodbye, Mr. Chips? good role, ?Swiss Family Robinson? w/Thomas Mitchell, ?A Yank at Eaton?, ?Random Harvest?, ?National Velvet?, ?The Keys of the Kingdom?, ?Black Beauty?, ?Only the Valiant? w/peck, etc.

His last film was a bit part in ?Lolita? (1962). Also performed on ?live? TV and on the stage. He remains a bachelor and resides in Michigan.

***********************************************************************************

Lead/co-star Ricardo Montalban is 86 today.

Tall, dark and handsome Mexican actor, in ?On an Island with You?, ?Neptune?s Daughter?, ?Border Incident? good role, ?Battleground?, ?Mystery Street? good noir, ?Two Weeks with Love?, ?Across the Wide Missouri? in which he injured his spine, resulting in lifelong pain, ?The Man I Love?, Latin Lovers? w/Lana, ?Sayonara?, ?Let No Man Write my Epitaph? strong Drama, ?Cheyenne Autumn? good role, ?Madame X?, ?Sweet Charity?, ?Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan? title role, etc.

Is married to Georgiana Young (Loretta?s sister) since 1944 (4 children). On the TV series ?Fantasy Island? as Mr. Roarke, and ?The Colbys?. He is now confined to a wheelchair.

Will be back a bit later to post the posthumous section.

Mongo