Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Board Trouble Part 2

Hi -

We are aware of this issue. This occurs with thread containing lots and lots of messages. Our engineers have determined that this behavior is an unintended side-effect of new features in the boards that were recently deployed. We are currently working on solutions. Thanks for being patient.

-TCM Web

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

You have noticed this already, but the page time-out issue for long threads fixed. Our engineers deployed the solution late last week. Please let us know if this issue arises again. Thanks.

-TCM Web

• 2 months later...

TCM Web Admin:

Are you deleting all of rockyroads posts or is he? It's got all the posts all messed up, the main page shows Sept. 10, 2006 yet when you go into the thread, you find yourself back in June, or August or whatever. What is happening?

Anne

Hi Anne,

The reason you are seeing posts from June is because of the way the posts are ordered chronologically. You can change it to display the most recent messages first by doing the following:

1 - Go to "Your Control Panel"

2 - Under "General Settings", change "Thread Order (by date)" from "Ascending" to "Descending".

Please let us know how this works out for you.

As for your question regarding RockyYards' posts, we are not deleting them. It looks like he/she has gone in to edit previous messages posted with the same account.

-TCM Web

TCMWeb---Because Rocky Road has gone in and edited ALL of his posts, I am finding that I have to go into EACH thread that he has edited and scroll through all the messages. I have tried clicking on Mark all threads as read, but I still have an orange dot next to the forum name if there is an edited post in there somewhere. The orange dot indicating that there are new posts only disappears if I have gone into all the threads in a forum that he has edited. Can you fix this?

thanks

Sandy K

Hi Sandy K,

It's a feature to display edited messages as "New". If we changed the boards to NOT display edited messages as New, then edits which are meant to inform are no longer brought to everyone's attention.

We did evaluate a similar request in the past and considered it to be something that is best left as is. The is a "default" message board behavior that many people are used to experiencing. Changing this particular feature would cause un-intended consequences which would cause more confusion than it does now.

Thanks for your patience with this. The edit feature was not meant to be used to delete messages.

-TCM Web