Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Thread Harsh Colors?

TOOMANYNOTES

I thought there was something wrong with my monitor. These colors are not very pleasant to look at - I think those with color blindness may have trouble reading the red banners. What was wrong with the old screens?

> I'm curious as to what the "PermLink" is.

Some blog engines build their pages on the fly. That creates a problem for the search engines, because the web addresses change. As an alternative, you can set up the blog software to automatically generate a PermLink (short for Permanent Link) for each page. That creates a second page address that doesn't change.

I preferred the blue color scheme, as well.

DavidE

http://www.classicfilmpreview.com

I was just wondering if I flipped out too, when I logged in. I know I had only about 5 hours' sleep last night, so I thought I was seeing things that weren't there!!!!

I got used to the other colors too but, then again, it doesn't bother me too much because MY OWN website is mostly dark: black; charcoal gray; browns, yellows, etc etc.

Larry

http://lwsroute66.proboards57.com/

Hi All,

This is the other Larry and I concur with the propriator of Cafe 66....

I have been having trouble all day yesterday and again today logging in and now this **** colour!!

Blue was a nice tranquil background to write against; brown reminds me of war..

Let's go back to blue, please....

Larry

I don't like it I find it hard on my eyes the blue was softer and easier to look at and I am still having problems with the board it is really slow to get on certain threads so my last few days have been frustrating with all this crap going on .

Anybody else having trouble getting to the message boards? I only had to click on message boards and walla, I was there. Now I have to sign in first and it still takes forever, or at least thirty seconds. Hate the colors. Why can't they leave good enough alone?

While I had trouble moving around the website Thursday and Friday, I've had no trouble at all today. And I'm on dialup. This morning I decided that I really like the new colors. Very relaxing in my opinion. For those that don't like the change, look on the bright side: website's still here and TCM still shows old movies. It's not like we've gone to war with Iran...yet.

I haven't had any trouble today, but yesterday I had trouble opening certain threads. I don't mind the color scheme--I don't find it harsh at all. I appreciate that I can now read the posts in either descending or ascending order. I also like the new forums that were added.

Sandy K

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The inhumanity! The terror! The deceit! The, the, the...

Oh wow. That was a scary dream. I thought I got onto tcm on the message boards and these colors, which are probably not necessarily ugly, looked horrible and glared evily at me in the eyes and I... wait a second,...! I think I need a moment. Be right back.

OK, I'm good. I finished weeping, mourning, pouring ashes on myself, ripping my clothes, and screaming my guts out. Mr. Programmer person? Why? WHY! I'm younger than most here, and if you think it's "more hip" or whatever, let me tell you from personal experience. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, sandykaypax, how were you able to read the posts in either descending or ascending order? I looked, and I couldn't find anything.

P.S. I'm not just against the colors because of their evilness, but also because it really does hurt my eyes.