Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

please can someone help with this title

darola

its a film, im guessing from the sixties a drama in black and white(almost sure) its english and for some reason i think its set in london.

i dont remember very much as it was 20 years since i saw it but its just one of those films i i cant get out out of my system. the general theme of the film is a young man in search of the meaning of life through religion and science he talks a hell of a lot especially when hes got some sort of scripture in his hand. near the end he walks into a laboratory and finds a man sown to a pig. thats all i can remember its not much but hope someone can help me out.

Is this it? http://movies2.nytimes.com/gst/movies/movie.html?v_id=132945

The description seems to fit (the pig part, anyway), though it's from the 1990s rather than the 1960s. It's also a comedy rather than a drama.

Someone should know the answer. After all, how many films end with a human grafted onto a pig?

DavidE

http://www.classicfilmpreview.com

ps

I hav'nt seen this film since it came out in the 70's, but I do remember the scene where the doctor puts a sliced-up human brain into a blender and makes himself a nice brain smoothie, Yummy.

A truly memorable movie. And the Alan Price soundtrack was excellent, I remember buying it on vinyl LP.

Regards

O LUCKY MAN! was an idea that Malcolm McDowell brought to Anderson. What shortcomings the film has (and there are many), can probably be chalked-up to its rather bastardized beginnings.

Anderson is a much-under-appreciated director, whose work deserves to be seen by a wider audience. Parhaps TCM should look into programming a series of his films.

I never met Anderson, but he was a kind of second father to one of my losest friends, who later served as Anderson's assistant director on 1987's THE WHALES OF AUGUST (boy, has my friend got stories to tell about working with Bette Davis, none of them complimentary!).

Yes, Anderson was a great director and made all-to-few films. Not surprisingly as his films (along with that other 'Terrible Twin' of British movies, Ken Russell) had limited appeal.

I can still hear the groans of the production company financial bigwigs when contemplating financing one his movies.

as for O LUCKY MAN!, despite it's flaws, I agree with darola, the final scene with the sheep scared the S**T out of me, and is unfortunately unforgettable.

Regards