Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

With so many box sets on super stars coming out on DVD, I would love to see Sony do a set on this love goddess. Although several of Hayworth's films have been released on DVD, there are still more that haven't seen the light of day. For the set I would like to see a special edition of GILDA (replacing the single disc now available) with commentary, extra features, etc., TONIGHT AND EVERY NIGHT (fun Tehnicolor musical set during the WW2), MISS SADIE THOMPSON (Hayworth's is terrific as Sadie and out acts Jose Ferrer), AFFAIR IN TRINDAD (followup to GILDA, although not as good) and SALOME (not a great biblical film) with an excellent cast including Charles Laughton, Stewart Granger and Alan Badel.

The movie "Gilda" is the only one of Rita Hayworth's movies that I have seen in full.I like the movie and think that both she and Glen Ford have a good rapport, though I've heard it said that the same carried on into their real life as well, at least by him. I remember seeing Ms.H in a movie in blk. & Wh. where she must have been a newcomer, she was still a brunette and she was in somewhat of a supporting role, always in the background.Does this movie sound familiar? I know I didn't give you much info. on it but maybe something will snap...I would like to see this movie. THANKS!

I remember seeing Ms.H in a movie in blk. & Wh. where she must have been a newcomer, she was still a brunette and she was in somewhat of a supporting role, always in the background.Does this movie sound familiar? I know I didn't give you much info. on it but maybe something will snap...I would like to see this movie. THANKS!

This might be Only Angels Have Wings, a movie made in 1939 starring Cary Grant. She was brunette and had a supporting role in this one.

In checking Amazon.com, I found there is a box set available of Rita Hayworth films on DVD. Unfortunately this set is a Europe release and not playable on our system. There are six films in the set including unreleased in this country: SALOME, MISS SADIE THOMPSON and CIRCUS WORLD. Hopefully, Sony gets their act together and gives us some more of the Hayworth films on DVD.

Another laugh-riot movie starring Miss Hayworth, well almost, is Affectionately Yours. It really stars Merle Oberon, Dennis Morgan, Ralph Bellamy, Rita Haywoth, and George Tobias. Rita has a hefty part in it, and she is delightfully funny. That should be one everyone sees if they love Rita.

FOX has at least three of Hayworth's films that can be released: MY GAL SAL, BLOOD AND SAND (both in gorgeous Technicolor) and the all-star TALES OF MANHATTAN. Hopefully these three find their way on DVD either in a box set or as a single discs.