Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GarboManiac

Hedy Lamarr: The Most Beautiful Star!

The two below are publicity stills from Crossroads. But, they were done after the film with Hedy's hair down. In the film her hair was up for the entire film! But, as inaccurate as they are, they are stunning.

I don't think they were worrying about accuracy when they shot these photos,we all know that she had a glorious head of hair and she looks sexier with it down.These last two are my absolute favorites.

Cool, CB! Yes, I love both of those pics, too. But, my favorites are when she was young. I don't think of myself as an ageist, but in many cases with the stars, their beauty was most apparent in their youth. Duh!

So, that being said, have you taken a look at the trailers on Hedy for this month's movies. I didn't even know they were there until I started snooping aroung the site last night. I went to Now Playing (she made the cover by the way, I wish I had ordered that now) and typed her name in. There is a pretty unflattering bio on her which focuses much too much on her shoplifting charges and her failing career. But, I don't even bother with that much, except that a newbe might be turned off, and that bothers me!

So, anywyay, if you get a chance check out the trailers. They are a lot of fun!

My favorites are I Take This Woman, Come Live With Me, The Conspirators, Crossroads, and The Heavenly Body.

hey GM amd TMN i thought I would catch you guys here .just popped in to say hi . I love the photo's you have on here , I will see ya on the boards or should i say I will talk to you. LOL Inglis

Hey, Inglis! I guess you are back! Hope your trip was fun! Glad you're back.

You haven't missed much. You know how slow it is around here sometimes. There have been no fights, and no much action on the threads. It should pick up now that you are back! Ha!

When you get a chance check out those trailers on Hedy!

I know...sorry....is the picture going to show before I hit post message?

No, just go ahead and try to re-enter it again.

Don't know if that is the right answer. Not sure I understood your question.

TMS, this picture has never been credited to my knowledge. I have always tried to place it in her film history. I would assume, looking at the age in her face (I know that face so well, I can pretty much place a picture based on that alone), I would put it about the time of the Conspirators, but I don't remember seeing that negligee in any film! Maybe it was a publicity shot, you know how they often did that? Or, maybe that scene was cut. There is a famous series of pics of Hedy in a beautiful dress that was cut from the picture. No one ever got to see her in it, and that series is one of my all time favorite group of pics!

When in doubt google!! that's where I got this picture....very becoming if I do say so myself!!

Plus I figured TooMany would get a kick out of it with her being in the negligee ;)

I am way impressed with your knowledge of placing the picture!!

Oh, thanks TMS! And, I am way impressed at your passionate participation on this thread!!! We need all the Hedy lovers we can get! She is really so under appreciated, so I will not let her be forgotten! The world will have little trouble remember Liz, but Hedy could easily slip between the cracks!

Ok, I am off to google!

(Sorry, but it looks like TOOMANY hasn't even been by today, I'm sorry to say!)