Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hedy Lamarr: The Most Beautiful Star!

But I think we know now how TMN can have placed over 1300 posts in only three months.

They came in and tried taking his keyboard away from him, but he has keyboards hidden all over the place. Hanging outside the window, up in the light fixture, and once one even fell out of his overcoat at a nightclub.

Could we stay on TOPIC please! ;-)

Sorry, TMS, I just have to hit and miss lately. So, I am probably gone by the time you respond. If you don't hear from me, that is what has happened. Just like now, gotta go! But, just had to check in and read what everyone wrote about Hedy, which (with the exception of Hedy in a youthful sailor suit) in little to nothing!

Catch ya all later!

Sorry GM

We have been bad...if I go down I am taking everyone with me! sharing is caring!

I figured you took off again..no problem...I will make it up to you and find a nice picture!

That's when I first saw Hedy as a little boy in a Brookyn movie way back when

Reminds me of the Cheers joke that went something like:

Sam: "Saw Trapeze last night with Burt Lancaster and Tony Curtis."

Coach: "Gee, did you sit between them?"

But GM is right, over a dozen posts without mentioning Hedy.

TMN,

My God, are you turning into Judith Anderson as Herodias in "Salome"?....

All those HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've got to see that movie - Rita Hayworth is lovely, Charles Laughton is gross and wicked and Judith simply hisses her lines out at everybody.

But, the end is the best -- she descends the throne steps trailing her caftan behind her, head and hands up in the air and simply cackles like all three Macbeth witches combined.

HA HA HA HA HA ..............

It's my favourite hammy performance from a great star. And, you know I consider the 'characters' as great stars too!!!!!

Larry

GM,

Oooopps, I'm guilty of being off topic, so - here's a nice story about that Austrian vamp (what's her name? -- who's this thread about?) ----

Seeing her "Delilah" picture (with all those legs!!) reminded me that Angela Lansbury told me that Hedy always had her legs rubbed with a kind of pink cocao butter to catch the cameras lights. In her wedding scene, Angela was given some of this wonderful stuff, compliments of Miss Lamarr.

If you watch the movie again, look for the luminous legs of Hedy and Angela.

Larry

Beautiful picture, snarfie! Wow! It really is a dreamer. Did you know I read somewhere that her eyes were violet, like Elizabeth Taylor. I only read it once, so I kinda doubt it, but I would sure like to think so. They may have been a blue which bordered on violet. I'll have to check that out. I know! That can be the thread assingment. Find out the color of Hedy Lamarr's eyes!

They sure do sparkle!

Yes, that's right CyLor. We have a participant on this forum named David English, a BRILLIANT "young man" who was involved somehow in the judging of that contest. He should come on and tell you about it. Anyway, the story is way back on page 3 or 4 of this thread if you care to delve into the archives, Ha!

Welcome aboard, we all love Hedy here!

> Yes, that's right CyLor. We have a participant on

> this forum named David English, a BRILLIANT "young

> man" who was involved somehow in the judging of that

> contest. He should come on and tell you about it.

Neither brilliant nor young, I guess I'll have to fill in until that other David English shows up. Yep, CyLor, I was but one in a vast army of judges who traveled to Ottawa to vote for the best CorelDRAW image created over the past twelve months. (I was with the press, so I was brought in mainly to hear about the new version of CorelDRAW that -- by an odd coincidence -- was announced at the same time.) I didn't vote for the Hedy image, but she won anyway. She later sued Corel for using her face without permission, and Corel gave her a ton of money so they could continue using the image to publicize the product. Imagine that. She was so beautiful, they couldn't say no.