Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hedy Lamarr: The Most Beautiful Star!

Oh trust me I know...I have started a photo wall...I only have 5 pictures..but its a start..better then nothing at all. And since you introduced me to Hedy..she will be going on my list..thank you very much!!

So I take it she hasn't given a reason for her dislike? If that's the case then I believe its to stir the pot and its best to leave well enough alone. and yes you would be better off banging your head on the wall...BUT lets not and say you did and have a drink instead?! :)

Message was edited by:

TMS

Hi,

Wow, seeing those photos of Hedy in the buggy and that lace dress triggered my memory bank.

These were taken on the last day of ?Copper Canyon? at Paramount. These were pictures done in postproduction. The lace and red velvet one was done in the morning and she had just had a white lipstick line applied to the upper part of her lower lip when I appeared. This is a trick to fool the camera into giving a pouty lip. All glamour girls know this trick.

I went over and kissed her on the end of her nose. She giggled and said, ?You know where not to kiss, don?t you darling!!?

The second picture was taken in the afternoon and apparently she hadn?t had lunch. She called me over and said, ?If you can steal sandwiches for the guards, then you can get me something, even a pickle!? I was always getting food for the gate guards. I always thought I was being sneaky, but I guess I was known??

I got her a roast beef sandwich with mustard and a big pickle. Finishing that, I ran over to her and gave her a great big kiss full smack on the mouth. ?Umm, that was good?, she said. ?What?, says I, ?the sandwich or the kiss?? ?Both, schatzie, both!? Then she had her lips redone and this time the white is further down the lower lip. That?s because the camera is further away. Tricks, folks; lots of tricks.

She also instructed the prop guys not to have a backdrop with too many clouds as she only has a parasol and not an umbrella. ?I don?t want people to think it?s going to rain!?

You?ll notice that she is wearing the same earrings and ring in both pictures.

Yes, I remember that day very well??

I accompanied her and Reginald Gardner to the premier of this awful picture. It got bad reviews and died 2 weeks later in Pookipsie.

Larry

Great job remembering, Larry. It doesn't even matter if they are accurate or not. I mean, I am sure they are, but if you ever want to tell one that you can exactly remember, that is fine, too! The fact that you have real life memories at all about Hedy is fantastic. I love every one of them! I see what you mean about the line and the pouty lips. Ha! And I always thought she was just pouty!

Gentlemen, I've added to the posts and even kidded around from time to time, but after all these posts, it is really getting monotonous to see the same 3 or 4 people who keep posting here just to keep it up on the list's #1 spot. Even if there is no discussion, the posts keep coming, and often just to say, "Must move it back up to #1." How about when it reaches 1000 posts, we let it age gracefully as she did, and add when there is something to say or even post a pic, instead of this thread being party central?

GM,

Looking back at both pictures again, I noticed the fan in the first:

She banged me on the head with it when I kissed her nose!!!!!

Also, we laughed at those ringlets, which she called 'sausage curls' and I told her she looked like my Aunt Lavina (one of my mother's older sisters).

"Lavina!, she cried, "oh what an unusual name!" "I love it!!!".......

My Aunt had rinlets till the day she died. She wore them on the top of her head when she got older but she kept those damn ringlets!!!!!!

Larry

Oh, filmlover, I am sorry. I know it can be annoying. I have tried to let it die. But, even when I was gone for three days, I came back and there were fifteen to twenty posts with a big discussion that I wasn't even part of. I am not going to tell people to stay away. I realize this is sort of a phenomenon, but even this thread will die someday. Everything comes to an end, but one thing I learned when my wife died. We have no control over anything, and the sooner we stop fighting the better.

But I hope that doesn't mean you are not going to stop by now and then. Remember you can tell your grandkids about this annoying thread that wouldn't die. It was called Hedy Lamarr: The Most Beautiful Star!

GM, thanks for the decent reply. I knew before I posted it I would be unpopular in writing it, and would continue to be unpopular by the main contributors in this thread no matter where I might appear in the Forums. I had sensed you were also trying to keep it "on topic" when you would come back after a bit. It was beginning to feel like a home where the parents are away but the frat party will keep on going as long as the liquor keeps being delivered and the house hasn't caught on fire. I appreciate what you said. I don't want the thread to die, I just hope it can be less of an internet party.

And I appreciate, TooMany, that you withdrew the post. I had read it before you did that, and your points were valid, but I am glad you did pull it. Please know that my post came out of hoping the TCM board would be a great place to talk about movies and our feelings about them. We've got terrific people here.