Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hedy Lamarr: The Most Beautiful Star!

> > Who's Hedy Lamarr?

>

> Someone who didn't have to change her member name

> Anne because "Her Computer Crashed" :) Hedy LAMARR !

Geez, TMN, that's all I got? I had a few minutes to kill while my leftover dinner warmed up, and I thought I would get a few laughs out of being hammered by you, Larry, and GarboManiac, but nobody wanted to play. Thanks for the compliment tho, (ha-ha), a guy once told me that I had eyes like Hedy Lamarr; "Ebony pools of sunlight) whatever that means, good line, altho I was breaking up with him at the time. Anyway, for those who don't know me, I've often used Hedy's name in describing my admiration for beautiful women in film.

My only concern is where to go to discuss Hedy. She was always off topic on all the other threads. That's why I started this one, and it has been unbelieveable. But, this is the only place she can be praised without interrupting more important discussions by serious posters elswhere. Posters here just have so much fun!

And, you're not unpopular with anyone on this thread, filmlover. Here, we are all lovers of beauty. The only thing I felt when I read your thread was a sense of doom. You know things go along just fine until the unspoken is voiced. And, when that happens, it has been my experience more than once, that the end is near.

TOOMANY, I never deliberately tried to let this thread die. I just knew it was annoying other more serious posters. Had to! It is always at the top (which is ok with me!). But, I just thought, more than once, that if I didn't post here, it would just disappear, and everyone would move on and forget. But, everytime I left, I came back to so much fun! So, I decided to give up and just let it be! But, now it has been voiced and the GODS have heard.

Hello Everybody,

There's nothing wrong with talking about Hedy Lamarr or any other actor or actress you want. Start a thread on 'whoever' and let it go or not.

I've started threads on Lee Patrick and Judith Anderson, for instance, and they went for a couple of days and then died. But, Hedy trundles on and good for her.

The only thing I would suggest is: dump the unnecessay childish banter and stick to Lamarr -- pictures, movie news and/or her husbands. But stick to Lamarr and leave out the foolishness, it gets tiresome after awhile, especially 2 pages of it.......

Cheers,

Larry

Hi,

GM -

Very nice picture. See the white lipstick line again??? Tricky Hedy....

TMN -

I've been to Siberia, - well, Tobulsk anyway which is on the edge of Siberia. I'll stick to St. Petersburg and the Grand Europa Hotel, thank you......

Larry

Sorry, GM, was out all night and so couldn't respond before now. You said you were concerned where to go to discuss Hedy. You don't have to go anywhere. The thread is still here.

Which brings me to TooMany's comment of "Don't despair GarboManiac filmlover doesn't want a "Hedy" thread......so open a Garbo thread..." If you look at my post, it said, "I don't want the thread to die, I just hope it can be less of an internet party."

Basically I felt the way that Larry put into words, "The only thing I would suggest is: dump the unnecessay childish banter and stick to Lamarr -- pictures, movie news and/or her husbands. But stick to Lamarr and leave out the foolishness, it gets tiresome after awhile, especially 2 pages of it......."

>Yes, I remember that day very well??

Larry,

Thanks for the additional info on Copper Canyon pics.

Let's see, you kissed Hedy Lamarr twice that day.

I'd remember it well too.

We're all extremely jealous of you!

Hope your trip to Russia is a safe & enjoyable one!

I'll concur with filmlover and Larry: a thread about Hedy, Garbo, or any other classic movie star is fine and welcome. But perhaps you could keep the continuous chat room banter, which is frequently off-topic and even personal, to yourselves by using the Private Messaging function provided. You could respond (to this post) by saying that 'we' could just skip over the Hedy thread, but this behavior has multiplied like a virus to infect other (more serious?) threads such that I find myself having to skip over half a dozen threads or more in the General Discussions folder, a few more in Hot Topics and Favorites, etc..

Having contributed to these boards for more than 3 years now, I can say that there have been a few occasions when a participant or two (or three) have created a chat room environment with their (nightly) streams of consciousness, but it's never gone on this long nor bled into so many of the forums as has happened recently. It has caused some regular, valued contributors to leave (or participate less).

So, respectfully, absent a technology solution (e.g. chat room s/w here) outside of the PM functionality provided, would it be possible for you to consider the others who participate here (that don't care to read the continuous banter) by exercising some self control over your activities (could they be kept within one thread, perhaps even in the archived trivia folder near the very bottom of the message board page)?

Thank you (not the management nor the board moderator, which shouldn't be necessary among adults, just a concerned interested party).

Thanks Snarfie,

Actually, it was you who triggered those memories of 50 some years ago. My cobwebbed mind sometimes needs the endorphines of a picture to spring to life.

Seeing her in her buggy brought it all forward.

So, it's all your fault --- and thanks!!!!!!

Larry