Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hedy Lamarr: The Most Beautiful Star!

GarboManiac

Now, don't get serious on us dpd! She was Tony Bennett's sister, and who is Constance?

But, seriously, yes, they were both from what was considered a highly regarded theatrical family.

And, ken123 just happens to think that Joan is prettier than Hedy. So, I say, "Let's get 'im!"

Oh, I did, too! Did you know . . . ? Hedy was offered the part of the mother in Father of the Bride, but she turned it down cause 1) she didn't like Tracy and didn't want to work with him again, and 2) she didn't want to play a mother. So, they got the Hedy Lamarr look-a-like to take the role, and that is how Joan Bennett came to be Elizabeth Taylor's mom!

If Hedy had played the part, no one would wonder from where she got her looks!

That reminds me-when Spencer Tracy was filming "Captains Courageous" with Freddie Bartholomew,he had to have his hair curled to look more Portuguese(?!) Joan Crawford saw him on the set one day,and said something to the effect that he must be made-up to play Harpo Marx(something like that). Tracy was already pretty sensitive about the silly curls,and didn't take too kindly to Joan's remark,LOL. She certainly could have an acerbic tongue!

Actually THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ACTRESS OF THE CLASSIC PERIOD,in my humble opinion, IS MAUREEN O'HARA. Joan,Linda Darnell,Barbara Stanwyck, Claire Trevor,John Blondell,and Ann Sheridan come close.I've ALWAYS LOVED HEDY'S looks,but I just like the others BETTER!!

I don't know about that Crawford. It has taken me years to talk about her with a civil tongue! So, let's go back to Hedy!!

In my book, The Films of Hedy Lamarr, it has I Take This Woman first. Ya know Hedy was such a lady, and Spencer was such a guy, I'm sure they didn't mix at all! She was more the gentleman's costar, like Powell, Taylor, Stewart and Brent.

Archived