Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hedy Lamarr: The Most Beautiful Star!

Mr. Road:

Thank you :x

Seriously, GarboManiac, if you come on tonight, please tell me more about Hedys' husband, somwhere in this tome there is a reference to him, and I got the impression he was a bit of a stinker, is that true? IMDB doesn't like me, I never get what I'm looking for. Also, was it 'Ziegfield Girl' where she played the married girl whose husband was a violinist and she really didn't care about her career, only joined to help him?

> You have way too much time on your hands, you

> strange, hostile little person. Your over the top

> fascination with Hedy Lamarrrr profiles you as

> textbook stalker material. Keep your posts on topic,

> buddy!

Yes, I'm obsessed with Hedy Lamarr.

That's not normal?

Also, was it 'Ziegfield Girl' where she played the married girl whose husband was a violinist and she really didn't care about her career, only joined to help him?

That was indeed Zeigfeld Girl. There's a great line in that movie about her,where some man at the audition(she's not auditioning,she's waiting for her husband) says to another, 'She looks better all wrapped up than the others do unwrapped". True! I've noticed that there aren't that many "cheesecake" photos of Hedy. She had such a compellingly beautiful face and perfect,willowy form,that it didn't need to all exposed to be obvious,I think.

Actually Hedy had six husbands. I'm assuming you're asking about the first one, Fritz Mandel.

He didn't want Hedy to have an acting career and actually tried to buy up all existing prints of Extase. He was selling munitions to the Nazi's in spite of the fact that Hedy was Jewish. By many accounts Hedy hired a maid that looked like her and drugged her to escape in the maid's uniform.

I didn't reference any of this so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That's how the story goes in 'Ecstasy And Me'.

She hired a girl called Laura who was similar in height and colouring to herself. Leading up to her planned escape, she practised walking and moving as the maid did. Then, coinciding her getaway with the maid's planned trip to see her boyfriend, she drugged her and made off in the girl's car.

Bravo!

Thank you and God Bless You too.

I'm relieved also. I feel terrible about this whole thing and that it happened on such a great, fun thread.

All is forgiven and forgotten as far as I'm concerned and I sense that you feel the same way also.

I am truly sorry about your wife.

Jeff

GM we've done our best to repair the damage, hope you feel it's safe to return now.

Message was edited by:

Snarfie

And I apologize. That sentence you objected to should have been left out entirely. Usually I'm very careful about my posts and how they'll come across. But that one was posted rather hastily. I read TMN's message, thought he might still be around and wanting to encourage him quickly typed it out. As I said that sentence should not have been included in my post. Normally I would have gone back and edited it out.

I'm sorry.

Message was edited by:

Snarfie

My first attended Blackhawk game was a playoff match vs. Montreal , the NHL was six - teams back then (falsely called by some the original Six ), the Hawks won that game, but lost the series.I think it was in 1959, anyway The Habs won the Stanley Cup that year. Now I cannot name one Hawk player !