Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hedy Lamarr: The Most Beautiful Star!

GarboManiac

Yes, and I loved it! This movie is more erotic than any thousands of hours of two actors rolling in the hay. Hedy is beautiful in it,that's a given-she hadn't grown into the height of her mature classical beauty yet,but youth has a beauty all its own-the sweet curve of a round cheek,the vulnerable outline of her lips,the firm roundness of the arm. She had such a sweet young beauty,and then as a grown woman,the classic perfection-and brains too-God surely smiled upon the formation of Hedwig Keisler!

I loved the symbolism-for some reason,I love it in European films,and think it's usually heavy-handed in American ones. I loved the pearls-the gem of debutantes and virgin brides-being broken when she finally had "her maidenhood breached",LOL. For a woman being stuck with pins by the director during the filming of her "ecstatic" facial expressions,she certainly looked like a young woman tasting "ecstasy" for the first time!

I don't think that anyone could see this movie and ever again think that Hedy's acting was wooden. I think it's just that Hollywood slotted her into the "beautiful" slot and dismissed everything else about her. I think she would've been much more acclaimed for her talent if she'd made more films in Europe. She was completely expressive and mobile in this movie,and it's only the beginning of her career. I really have to wonder how seriously she took acting in Hollywood,considering some of the roles she wound up in. I wonder if she quickly saw the handwriting on the wall as far as being typecast,and decided to just cash in. She would've gotten much more suitable roles in European films,I think. After all,her very first leading role there had more depth and made use of much more than just her beauty(astounding as it was) than anything she ever did in Hollywood. The Europeans seemed to be kind of "perverse" about not doing the obvious,ie casting beautiful women as only beautiful women. They liked to "mix it up" a little.

RATS!!! Due to unforseen circumstances, I missed most of it!!

I did see a bit of the Hedy/Hope thing, and I thought she looked really elegant and delivered her lines very well, and he looked like an obnoxious jerk.

I caught just a few seconds of "Ecstasy," where I saw Hedy's heaving bosom, and not much else in that scene. Was it any good as a movie?? How was she? It looks like you all liked it. Oh, woe is me!!

It was great as a movie,and not just for the beauty of Hedy. I suppose how much actual nudity is relative to what a person is used to seeing-for me,it was just right and tastefully done. She reminded me of a wood nymph from Greek mythology running through the woods. I loved how sweet and young she appeared in the film,we're so used to seeing her in her later classical perfection incarnation. The ending was a bit mysterious-I should say,a bit perplexing,to me-but I won't give it away since you didn't see it all :) I just really loved how sweet and vulnerable Hedy looked in this movie. She really was still "Hedwig" and not yet "Hedy" in it.

GarboManiac, WHERE ARE YOUUUUU??

I recorded most of the films with Hedy. I'm really looking forward to watching ECSTASY. I watched the first 15-20 minutes and it looks very intriguing and very European.

The sucky thing is that when I checked my dvd-r, HER HIGHNESS AND THE BELLBOY froze up for about 10 minutes in the middle of the film. GRRR..cable company... :(

I don't know how to make the angry face, only the sad one.

Sandy K

Yep, I have a dvd-r of THE RED SHOES with a red banner across the top of the screen with a weather advisory for about 15 minutes! GRRR...

X-(

thanks!

Sandy K

Message was edited by:

sandykaypax

Message was edited by:

sandykaypax

I like them, but don't have the time to learn all of the in's and out's of smileys. I tried to add some to an e-mail to one of my former classmates. After losing the post twice, I eliminated them and relied upon my own natural sense of humor. :D

Don't worry, we're still on speaking terms.

CharlieT

Archived