Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GarboManiac

Hedy Lamarr: The Most Beautiful Star!

LOL! No! Believe it or not, I loved blondes, originally. Garbo and Jean Harlow were my favorites for years. And, I knew about Carole back then. But, when I found Lamarr, well, I just couldn't resist!

What a coincidence, we posted at the same time............I was going to say I love your pics, where do you get them from? And now the second one! amazing!!

Oh, I just go searching on the web. Sometimes I find them in the most bizarre places. Like on sites about something else or someone else and they'll have Hedy stuck in there! Pretty funny!

I was on the forum earlier in the evening and I saw a lot of movement, you were on but we've been having torrential rains here for almost two months and today it was combined with a lot of thunder and lightning and it knocked the lights out.I was only on the computer because The force of the rain had made me lose my satellite signal, it happens a lot but there is no cable TV way up on the mountain where I live.

Well, the newest one is, Delores Del Rio - The Most Beautiful Woman on the Screen! I tell you, that is so very needy. I wouldn't be caught dead being so unoriginal that I was forced into copying someone or something! The title is Hedy's and always has been, along with THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN THE WORLD.

Be careful, sounds like you should change your name to lamarrmaniac, Ha! Ha! The last picture you sent is my favorite. About Dolores Del Rio, I already posted a message on that thread.It just so happens that she and I go way back.

OK, I just watched "Private Lives" with Norma Shearer and Robert Montgomery,and was reminded all over again(not that I needed reminding) why she's my all-time favorite actress. She is so great in the physical scenes in that movie!

Oh, ok. I just wondered! I had a good friend years ago who idolized Dolores! I used to buy every picture I saw of her and frame it for him He had one whole wall from ceiling to floor with her pictures. She was gorgeous! And, I know gorgeous!

I love Norma, too. Funny, she was my wife's number one favorite, too! Before, we were married, I lent her my copy of Marie Antoinette, whom my wife idolized as well, and she was hooked. She could never get enough Norma.

That is one of my all time favorite movies. I love the banter! Noel Coward is a genius!

Noel Coward wrote and starred in it with Gertrude Lawrence on stage in London when it originally opened. And, yes, Taylor and Burton did it on Broadway,too!

We are actually getting around to some worthwhile postings on that thread.If we would have left it in the same flow it would have proven disastrous! (Ha!)

Oh, I know, but she is a piece of work. Argumentative, jealous, needy. I just don't bother with her anymore.

Burton and Taylor did the roles? I just can't picture them doing the banter,or having the great physicality called for in the fight scene! It's such a Twenties/Thirties-style thing,timeless,but of its time.

Tonight's Sunday Silent is "The Cat And The Canary" with laura LaPlante-that should be a treat,as it's difficult to catch her in movies. I've mostly seen her in the revue "King Of Jazz" with Paul Whiteman,etc.

Ok, this is just an FYI thing but, do you know how at the bottom of the web page it says TCM Spain? well, I went on there hoping to chat in another forum from a spanish point of view and that web page is somewhat dark and dreadful and I didn't even see that they had a forum.

Oh, that coke sounds so much fun!!

Well, let us know when it starts. I have seen pictures of her and I thought she was very beautiful. Never seen her act though.

Yes, they say that the production was short lived. It seemed no one else could believe it either, or maybe it was because of Burton's failing health. He died soon after it closed. So, maybe that is why it failed. I don't know, but I do know that it takes a lot of energy to put that play over!!!