Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can someone help me with a movie title

2oldmen

My father remembers a murder suspense where a wife killed her husband for the insurance, and then pushed his car down a ravine. Throughout the move, the wife kept seeing someone she thought was her husband from a distance. It drove her to return to the ravine where a detective was waiting, after the detective had staged lookalikes to appear to taunt the wife. Anyone know this movie?

Is your father absolutely sure that the wife killed the husband? The scenes that

you describe sound like the Humphrey Bogart movie Conflict. Except that, in

Conflict, the husband killed the wife. Everything else you describe fits this movie.

In The Postman Always Rings Twice, though, the wife didn't keep seeing the

husband from a distance. And she didn't get tricked into going back to the ravine.

Same with Double Indemnity. Like I said before, the descriptions you gave fit

Conflict to a Tee, except for the sexes being reversed.

Thanks to all who responded - my father had the plot I described attached in his memory to Double Indemnity, which caused him heartburn when the story unfolded to a plot different than he remembered. We have watched both Double Indemnity and The Postman Always Rings Twice. Neither is the plot as he remembers. Conflict just may be the one.