Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Progammer: Lamour, Sidney & Goddard

Chipper

TCMProgrammer, you mentioned in another thread that TCM had cut a deal for some Paramount films. Do any of the films include any movies with Dorothy Lamour (non Road To movies), Sylvia Sidney or Paulette Goddard? These ladies' movies are hard to find. I did notice some Carole Lombard Paramount movies coming up in August, I believe, such as "The Princess Comes Across" so thanks for that!

Message was edited by:

Chipper

The Dorothy Lamour films that we have under license in the next several months (into 2007) include "They Got Me Covered," "The Greatest Show on Earth," "My Favorite Brunette," "The Hurricane," "Donovan's Reef" and most of the Road movies.

Hey! What's wrong w/ the 'Road' movies? I happen to find them very entertaining, even my smaller son enjoys them.On the other hand I must admit that I haven't really seen Dorothy Lamour in any movie besides a 'Road' movie so maybe that will be my treat if they do bring some of her other movies.

I enjoy Carole Lombard so that will be my treat in August,can't wait!

Cinemabuff, nothing wrong with the "Road" movies at all. I love them, but I have them all on tape. I was hoping for some Lamour features like "Jungle Princess," "Spawn of the North," "Last Train from Madrid," "Her Jungle Love" etc.

• 2 months later...

Yes please give us some rare Dorothy Lamour titles from Paramount in the future. I'm sure they are available to TCM since you are showing other 30/40s Paramount films. Some of the best ones I think everyone would enjoy seeing are THE JUNGLE PRINCESS, DISPUTED PASSAGE, ALOMA OF THE SOUTH SEAS, THE FLEETS IN, AND THE ANGELS SING, A MEDAL FOR BENNY, MOON OVER BURMA, SPAWN OF THE NORTH, ST. LOUIS BLUES, and THE LAST TRAIN FROM MADRID. Robert Osborne was a personal friend of Miss Lamour's and I'm sure he could tell us some wonderful ancedotes about her and these pictures in his introductions.