Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
gigi4

meeting my teacher......

last fall in 2005...a pal approached me that he was conducting an interview..in that interview he would be speaking to a lady for an upcoming book. Well he briefly quized me about my style of dance,..my influences and my earlier training. I told him that next to the late elanore powell,ann miller,kathryn dunham that there was only one lady..that taught me..that i observed her every move,technique and style..that was ms.cyd charisse...not to bore you all. i sat in on the interview and after it was conducted. We taken pictures..then i finally had the courage to tell her that im a entertainer...and she was my teacher..She was very touched..as i choked back on my tears. trying not to embarrass my friend or myself. then my friend rushed me out of her lovely home that she shares with her husband mr. tony martin. If my friend hadn't rushed me we could have stayed for a spell discussing old hollywood..if i die tomorrow at least i know ive met the second most important person who has influenced me in my life.

Wow, Gigi, what a thrill to be able to meet her. She was definitely one of my teachers as well, and is just my favorite female dancer (and just about tops in the female attractiveness dept., imho). I'm just sorry that you were rushed out before you really got a chance to converse with her. She probably would have enjoyed that, too!

You are lucky, for sure. I'm not a dancer by any means, but if I were, I'd want to be just like Charisse. I adored her when I was a girl. I'm very glad to hear that she is well and active.

a quick up date..[02] months after i met with ms.charisse-martin at her residence in the beverly hills,calif area. I decided to write her a thank you note and deliver her a HUGE bouquet of lillies @assorted flowers. For nearly two hours i constructed a letter as i sipped on a cup of tea and sandwich in brentwood,calif. Then i drove to the best florist in the area and selected the flowers i felt that resembled her personality and performances the most. I delivered the assortment to the security detail and i was asked if i would like to hand deliver them personally?? I declined because i value her privacy and that of her spouse mr. martin. Not to mention alot of hollywoods great stars prefer not to recieve uninvited guests...i just wanted to remember her from the movies as a little girl and adult. The young gal who sat in and listened as she recalled her glamourous days at M.G.M studios..besides i knew it wouldn't take long before i would weep...I did speak with my friend about my choked up tears..he replied"thank god you didn't ball in front of me..!!!" By the way the book should be in print about the still living musical stars from mgm era..inconjunction with the william morris agency...

What a beautiful story about the lovely Cyd Charisse. She has always been by far my favorite movie dancer. There have been so many wonderful movie memories of her dancing. And she can act, too! TCM recently showed "Sombrero" and even though she is not the top-billed star, it's worth watching just to see her very dramatic dance on a mountaintop. And, according to my grandmother, Cyd Charisse and I are very distant cousins (something like seventh cousins). I don't know for sure if this is true, but I want to believe that it is.

Terrence.