Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Valley of Decision

DLF

Well, Gregory Peck drives out the MGM gate and goes back to 20th Century-Fox.

Seriously, Paul (Peck's) mother, Mrs Scott (Gladys Cooper), falls ill and eventually dies. Just as she predicted, three of the five family heirs to the mine vote to sell -- until they learn that Mrs Scott had left a 1/5 interest of the mine to Mary (Greer Garson), who wishes to honor her benefactor, and the whole family, by standing up against the rest in refusing to sell her share. Mary persuades Paul's sister, Connie (Marsha Hunt) that keeping the mine would be the first really selfless thing she's ever done in her life. The three, (Mary, Paul and Connie) now have the majority, and prevent the mine from being sold.

As Mary leaves after the vote, Paul's wife, Louise (Jessica Tandy) warns him that if he follows Mary out the door, their marriage is over. Paul says that's fine, but that he'll be taking their son, Paulie (Dean Stockwell) with him.

Paul, Mary and Paulie are reunited and, we presume, become a happy family once Paul's divorce from Louise becomes final.