Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Criminal Neglect Of A Classic.

Presteign

I would like to know why one of the finest horror movies ever made is totally ignored today ?

I'm talking about 'Night Of The Demon' from 1957 starring Dana Andrews. Those of you who have seen it will know what I'm talking about. This movie should be shown more often and given the credit it is due.

For anyone interested you can now buy the DVD containing two versions of this movie. The uncut English version released as 'Night Of The Demon', and the somewhat shorter American version released as 'Curse Of The Demon'.

I don't understand why this movie is'nt better known.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for mentioning this film. Although I really like "Curse of the Demon", I've never seen "Night of the Demon" and have been meaning to order the DVD and keep forgetting about it (too many films on my want list). Anyway, I guess the American version was the only one Columbia had the rights to and sadly that one ended up as the lower half of the double-bill in many theatres (that's how it was in my home town anyhow). It's only in more recent years that the original version has built a cult following both here and in Britain. I don't know who puts out the DVD so I don't have a clue as to who owns the rights now. If TCM could ever get their hands on both versions that would be great.

Archived