Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE AMAZING DR.CLITTERHOUSE!

This is an excellent comedy-gangster film starring Edward G.Robinson and Claire Trevor,as the female head of an(otherwise) all male criminal gang,that is rarely seen today.Are there any admirers out there?

I've been a fan of this film since I was just a little one. It's one of the first Warners' pictures I ever saw and it's one of the most enjoyable films the studio made during 1938 (sure beats Secrets of an Actress!). And what a cast!!!! It's going to be dusted off again for the Claire Trevor day in August.

• 9 years later...

On tonight 1:30 AM EDT (ouch!.. that middle of the night scheduling)

:wacko:

One of my favorite Edward G. Robinson films, with a really cool ending. Perfect, IMO.

I agree..what's up with the middle-of-the-night airing of films that people might like to see during the daytime. Not everyone has a DVR. 

• Like 1

I agree..what's up with the middle-of-the-night airing of films that people might like to see during the daytime. Not everyone has a DVR. 

Well it was on just at the right time for me on the west coast.    :)

Hadn't seen it in decades so it was a treat   (but what a odd mix of comedy and crime,,,  made me wonder how different this film would have been if made during the noir era).

What was more of a surprise is that TCM showed the Columbia film Texas with Trevor and a very young William Holden and Glenn Ford.    I assume TCM doesn't show that film often since they rarely show Columbia films.    So if they have a limited lease on this film why not show it during a time when folks on either coast are more likely to be awake?

• Like 1

Well it was on just at the right time for me on the west coast.    :)

Hadn't seen it in decades so it was a treat   (but what a odd mix of comedy and crime,,,  made me wonder how different this film would have been if made during the noir era).

What was more of a surprise is that TCM showed the Columbia film Texas with Trevor and a very young William Holden and Glenn Ford.    I assume TCM doesn't show that film often since they rarely show Columbia films.    So if they have a limited lease on this film why not show it during a time when folks on either coast are more likely to be awake?

They used to show a lot of the Columbia programmers from the 40s...but somehow, that has all changed. 

They could have aired TEXAS with MAN FROM COLORADO (another western that reunited Ford & Holden on screen later in the decade). If shown in primetime, TCM could have had a very memorable double-feature for fans of both actors.

Running these classics during the graveyard shift seems like a mistake to me.

TB, truer words were never spoken.

I mean, about showing great stuff during the graveyard shift.

Almost everything I want to watch on TCM comes on at like 3:00 am.

I know, I could make it available for later but some weird thing in me makes me want to watch as it is happening.

I guess they schedule the more normal viewing type films for normal people, during normal hours!

• Like 1

TB, truer words were never spoken.

I mean, about showing great stuff during the graveyard shift.

Almost everything I want to watch on TCM comes on at like 3:00 am.

Like I said earlier, not everyone has a DVR. But if they are going to do this, to program movies people want to see at ungodly hours, then those are the ones they should re-air in primetime, instead of NORTH BY NORTHWEST.

• Like 1