Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MGMWBRKO

Upcoming shorts on TCM

Since shorts now show up in the online version of the TCM schedule, I will no longer be posting weekly updates. Look for more new Charley Chase "Roach" shorts in the coming weeks!

Message was edited by: MGMWBRKO

Thanks for all your work here. Hope you still hang around the forums to occasionally answer our questions. :-)

The addition of the shorts to the schedule did not trigger a Schedule Change Notification email for me. Did this happen to anyone else?

--

Terry Wallace

MGMWBRKO,

Thanks for input during the past year + . Watching and participating in this thread has been an incredible experience.

MaryS,

Please don't go, we all love you!

Terry_W,

I didn't get an email on this either. I suspect nobody did.

All,

I appreciate your support for my detailed info. I will still participate in this forum as events warrant.

--LG

MGMWBRKO,

Thank you for being a friend to us shorts fans. I deeply appreciate your dedication to your volunteer work during past 15 months.

My hat off to you too MGMWBRKO for your dedication, and to you too Laughing Gravy, for taking the time to detail the listings. I do have a question though regarding the addition of the shorts to the main schedule. Will this be done for the entire month? Or do we have to keep checking the schedule every other day? I looked and only see shorts listed up until the 12th or so of September. Am I missing something?

MGMWBRKO,

Thank you for the last year's efforts of letting us know what shorts were coming up.

You truly changed the way I watched TCM.

For me, keeping an eye on the schedule everyday will be a little tougher than your fantastic updates but that's cool. Just glad to know us short fans have been heard and TCM recognizes there are folks who care about the shorts you show!

You're the best,

Yancey

So how does the new schedule work?Does it post the upcoming shorts on a regular weekly like MGMWBRKO did, or will we be able to see which shorts will air a month from now?But a special thank you MGMWBRKO for the great things you did for fans and I can't thannk yoy enough.

And besides, we're gonna get to see more new Charley Chase shorts in the coming weeks :-)

So how does the new schedule work?Does it post the upcoming shorts on a regular weekly like MGMWBRKO did, or will we be able to see which shorts will air a month from now?But a special thank you MGMWBRKO for the great things you did for fans and I can't thannk yoy enough.

And besides, we're gonna get to see more new Charley Chase shorts in the coming weeks :-)

MGMWBRKO,

Thank you so much for all you've done for us!

I think yanceycravat said it best -

You truly changed the way we watched TCM!

We're going to miss you and hope you won't be a stranger here.

I know you've been the driving force for getting the shorts into the main schedule.

It was an often made request and will make life easier once we get used to it.

We appreciate the dedication you've shown this past year even dropping by work on your day off

to post the schedule!

Well, this place won't be the same anymore but I hope the Shorts Forum will continue

to be a lively area of the board.

And an extra special thanks to Laughing Gravy too!

You guys rock!

Jeff

P.S. Thanks for the heads up on the coming Charley Chase shorts -

you know we'll be watching for those!

Message was edited by: Snarfie

In case anyone's wondering how to access the new schedule -

just go to "SCHEDULE" at the top left of the screen here

then click on view by week. Then adjust your timezone with the drop down box.

Festival of Shorts have a green "SHORTS" icon in the genre column

and short films have a green "SHORT" icon to make them easy to find.

They're only listed thru Thursday right now and I think someone here has mentioned

that they're being updated on Thursdays though I can't seem to find where I read it..

So here's the current listings, all EST so no one gets confused.

Wed September 12, 2007

5:39am One Reel Wonders: Diamond Demon (1947)

Thu September 13, 2007

11:45am From The Vaults: Art Director, The (1949)

1:51pm From The Vaults: Pat Neal Is Back (1968)

5:46pm From The Vaults: Letter From A Soldier, A (1951)

7:41pm One Reel Wonders: Big Blue Goose (1956)

10:51pm From The Vaults: Cincinnati Kid Plays According To Hoyle, The (1965)

>>And an extra special thanks to Laughing Gravy too!

Looks like we could stilll use a hand from him, since the schedule is only giving titles. Some of them have a place to click through for more information, which produces no more information.

We've already seen the first (not the last?) gap in the schedule of shorts, as newly listed in the weekly schedule: This morning after "City for Conquest" at 9:47 they showed Tex Avery's "Field and Scream."

I guess we're back to recording all the gaps of, say, 10-12 minutes after movies......

For those of us who knew where to look (and it could have been mentioned in "Now Playing" to lead others to the website), this has been a good system, thanks to MGMWBRKO.

We'll have to watch and see....

Bill

TCM may need a little time to get the kinks out of the new system.

Here's a look at 3 upcoming time slots:

on Sunday, a broadcast of "Return From Nowhere" provides the production year and if you click thru, you'll get the run time, however there is no information identifying it as a Passing Parade film.

Monday afternoon there will be a 27 minute gap between " The Elephant Man" and "Something Always Happens", yet no short film is scheduled there.

On Tuesday, we get "Donkey Baseball" which is described as a Pete Smith Specialty with a run time, production year and a synopsis. (This is more information than I used to provide!).

Hopefully the entry for "Donkey Baseball" will become the standard we can expect on a regular basis.

For those lucky (???) enough to have Comcast, now that TCM is officially announcing the schedules for short films, Comcast is listing the shorts with proper start times, on their cable channel schedule. (Which, further, enables you to set up your cable box in advance to turn itself on and change channels, so you can record them.)

I haven't compared closely enough to see whether or not Comcast might actually list shorts that TCM has not gotten around to placing on their website. (I frankly doubt it). But, at least, if I can remember in the mornings to look before heading to work, one can check the schedule for the day, and set up a recorder.

Comcast has also continued to offer in its "Free" On Demand, starting every Friday morning, one or two short films from TCM, which you then have one week to watch, before they are replaced by the following week's offering.

Unfortunately, Comcast service isn't the same everywhere. My Comcast listings for TCM give no indication when a short is scheduled; all the programmed times still end on the quarter hour. I hope this changes soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

The TravelTalks short, Picturesque Massachusetts (1942) ,was shown between the two Boston **** features this morning...

I hope the shorts we missed the last few days are just a glich.

Yancey

The cable TV Guide guide for Charter Cable in Jackson, TN is now listing at least some shorts, but I don't think it had the Travel Talks short after Boston ****.

Also, for some reason when I'm notified of a response in this thread it runs one post behind when I click on the link in the e-mail. is anyone else having this problem? If you are, you may not know until someone posts after me.

I saw that TravelTalks this morning, and they showed another one unannounced this afternoon after "Track of the Cat".

I recorded that one - it was Natural Wonders of Washington State.

My first DVR experience recording a short didn't go quite so well.

I was manually recording the Ruth Etting Vitaphone short, Roseland

and it shut off just before the end.

I was watching it though so I did at least get to see it.

I have since learned how to extend the recording time.