Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MGMWBRKO

Upcoming shorts on TCM

Yeah.

How about Constance Bennett's Daily Beauty Ritual (1937)?

When you wake up in the morning with your make-up already in place the rest of the process should just be gravy.

I'm still having a problem with being notified of new posts, but their not showing up when I click on the link. This is a post to see if it will catch me up. Is anyone else having this problem?

Message was edited by: jhickman

Thankfully, she didn't yodel.

jhickman, you may want to post this information in General Issues where others are experiencing similar problems. snarfie

LaughingGravy,

Is there any possible chance, you could alert us when a Charley Chase short pops up?Already there has been a couple of shorts that was shown, but wasn't listed on the schedule.It's gonna take just a little while until TCM gets the kinks out and everything will run smooth.

I don't think LaughingGravy could help you there, it would have to be MGMWBRKO with the info.

Hi, jhickman:

Yes, I am experiencing the same lag.

And last night, after I had posted a comment, and saw it in the thread, I returned later to see if anyone had replied to it, and it wasn't there. (Nor was the previous person's post.)

But then a while later, it showed up again.

One other thing: ever since the site upgrade, I have not been able to make the posting extras (like bold/italic/underline) work. I registered a complaint at least a week ago, but they still don't work.

I love the TCM site and forums but it seems to me (and I am NOT a tech expert!) that the whole structure is kind of cumbersome and fragile. Often I have to go through three or four steps in order to make a move which should require only one. And while I am not an expert, I do navigate online sites quite well.

sorry, but I am not a TCM insider. We would need MGMWBRKO or another insider for this.

If you want to be proactive, be sure to set your timers for the half hour between The Elephant Man and Something Always Happens this afternoon/evening. This would be the only spot for a 2-reel short film today.

Hope some others were eagle-eyed. The Charley Chase short SOMETHING SIMPLE is airing at this moment!!

LIkewise, I just caught the last thirty seconds of Something Simple, and it wasn't on the schedule. Also, running after The Elephant Man, it violates their stated policy of running these shorts only in connection with movies from the same decade.

If MGMWBRKO is willing, perhaps we should keep the olsd system going in parallel untill we're absoolutely sure the "official" schedule is reliable. And informative. Anybody know what "The Perfect Set-Up" iis? Am title like that could be a comedy, a a making-of.or even a bowling documentary.

I caught all of the Charley chase short "Something Simple" between 7:43 and 8.01, and that's on Canadian TCM, which doesn't normally carry Hal Roach films.

Actually, the Charley Chase short did run in conjunction with a movie from the same era. The movie just aired afterwards. The Lost & Found showcase's first movie was from 1934.

UNANNOUNCED IN THE TCM SCHEDULE, THE CHARLEY CHASE COMEDY "SOMETHING SIMPLE" AIRED AT APPROXIMATELY 7:44 pm HERE ON THE EAST COAST. I ONLY CAUGHT IT BY ACCIDENT WHILE SWITCHING CHANNELS!

IS THERE ANY CHANCE OF OUR GETTING AN ASSURANCE OF A COMPLETE SCHEDULE WITH ALL TCM SHORTS ON THE TCM SITE? THE MONTHLY LISTING DID NOT HAVE THIS; IT WOULD BE NICE FOR THE LISTINGS OF SHORTS TO BE A LITTLE MORE DISTINCTIVE, AND AT LEAST THE STAR OR STARS OF EACH ONE ADDED.

Yes, and to push it, the subject of the Chase short was medical, mental health, which was the topic of "Elephant Man," so the short had a connection to the feature films before and after.

I missed all but the last minute of the Charley Chase short 'Something Simple' tonight as well.

Why has the system broken down? I monitor Laughing Gravy's posts. But missed any schedule information.

I don't know where WVMS came up with the TCM's "stated policy of running these shorts only in connection with movies from the same decade." With Traveltalks shorts, they are usually associated with the locale of the feature immediately before or after.

Especially for those who never even found this thread to start with, but truly rely on the online schedule for the day (or week), it is probably WORSE to be listing any shorts now than the previous policy of not listing them ... makes people think those are all the shorts, when they have actually not listed about half of them (it seems).

Charley Chase (tonight), one or two TravelTalks, "Echo Mountain" yesterday morning (strange one!), etc., etc.

Unless the management has pre-empted MGMWBRKO's efforts and forbidden their continuance, it surely would be nice to see him back here - at least until programming gets its act together on the shorts end of the stick.

Bill

Message was edited by: Bill_McCrary

Whoops! Got caught by the "lag" to which others have referred, and I thought it hadn't posted at all...

I concur! The Charley Chase short that followed The Elephant Man, and preceded Something Always Happens wasn't listed on the schedule and it looked like a "new" one. Did anybody catch it? What was the title? Echo Mountain was an early 3-Strip Technicolor short that I don't think has ever been on before and which I would have loved to have captured.

Any chance of bringing back the weekly charts on this thread?

Thanks,

Jack Tillmany

Maybe this is the "be careful what you wish and ask for" syndrome. Most ask for shorts to be listed in the schedule, now it is, and that's a problem. For some reason having shorts listed in the schedule didn't seem like it would be completely successful since TCM only know what shorts will be shown for a few days and plus they probably could pop a short in as a filler whenever they want so I'm not surprised that some of the shorts shown won't be listed in the schedule. Shorts are my most favorite thing about TCM. Well, good things don't last forever but I hope MGMWBRKO comes back.

We all are very observant! When we have missed something we know it!

To Tillmany, why not read back a few posts in the forum? your questions regarding the Charley Chase short were already answered......