Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MGMWBRKO

Upcoming shorts on TCM

Well, I was just checking the monthly schedule, and this seems weird...First, they seem to be running this Bob Hope Short several times this month already, then I see that it's on back to back!!! Wonder if that is some sort of glitch, or does someone in programming really, really, like this short???? :) Times are eastern.

5:30 AM Festival of Shorts #53 (2007)

Features Double Exposure (1935) a Warner Comedy short starring Bob Hope. BW-22 mins, , CC

27 Tuesday

6:00 AM Festival of Shorts #53 (2007)

Features Double Exposure (1935) a Warner Comedy short starring Bob Hope. BW-22 mins, ,

the following change has been made to the November schedule:

Tuesday, November 27th

Delete: 6:00 AM Festival of Shorts #53

Add: 6:00 AM MGM Parade Show #33

I recorded the Leon Errol short "SERVICE WITH A SMILE". Get in touch with me and I'll try to get a copy to your attention.

Message was edited by: TCMWebAdmin

I thought this was not supposed to be a trading post. Didn't people jump all over some guy a while back who warned people about making this thread a trading post?

Trading is ok, it has long been established (never for money!), but putting e-mail addresses up for all to see is NOT! There are too many reasons to even start by giving one, if one thinks about it a little.

Ask people to PM (Private Message) you, then check when you sign in to see if you have receive any. That way, nobody but the two of you know what has been said.

For any (especially new) posters who don't know how to remove/change things they've posted: It's simple. Click on the "Edit" symbol (pencil) you'll find at the top right of (only) your post. Others cannot see that; only you. Once you're in, edit just like anything else you've written - highlight, delete, add, what-have-you - then post it anew.

But please get rid of the address.

Bill

Main schedule has short film listings up thru Nov. 26. Unless there are add'l. updates pending, the next Hal Roach short will be...

Laurel & Hardy's CHICKENS COME HOME (1931)

11/25, 5:29AM

Shemp,

Thanks for pointing that out! I see it also stars Thelma Todd....

I also saw a non Hal Roach short, that they seem to run fairly often,(I think it was just one 3-4 weeks ago) a long short....early on the 22nd

5:12 AM EST Short Film: Some Of The Best - 1949 BW-42 mins,

>Didn't people jump all over some guy a while back who

>warned people about making this thread a trading post?

WRONG!

I assume you're refering to this post which was in reply to

someone merely stating they were trying to record all the Charley Chase shorts for themself.

Definitely covered under fair-use.

leroyshield

Ignore Member

Re: Upcoming shorts on TCM

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 3:08 PM in response to:

Seriously...have you ever really stopped to think that your constant announcing that you are recording and collecting TCM's material probably caused the network to pull the plug on the MGMWBRKO postings we had hear, huh?

>Trading is ok, it has long been established (never for money!)

While I'm not so sure about that I agree that PM is definitely the ONLY way to handle trades.

And you're absolutely right - there are a number of reasons not to post e-mail addresses here

OR exchange personal information with people you meet online for that matter.

Message was edited by: Snorky

this SHORTS thread has really gone downhill. I used to look forward to reading it to learn about upcoming shorts on TCM but lately it's been a lot of off-the-wall claptrap.

Thanks for the 411 ToddFan!

You mentioning this reminded me to check the schedule(Can't seem to remember to do this weekly! :( ) and I saw that on the 1st pf January at 8:08 AM EST is the short the Song Of Fame, from 1934, starring Ruth Etting, and Judy Canova(as a part of the Canova family it says!) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0025812/

TCM has run lots of her shorts before, often the same one more than once, but this one doesn't ring a bell....does anyone recall seeing this one before????

Later that day is the 21 minute short, 7:34pm EST Somewhat Secret (1939) sounds like a musical from MGM. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0158230/

Also, on the 4th at 7:36 PM is Miracle Money, (1938) aka "Crime Does Not Pay No. 15: Miracle Money"

Also, this week's "Silent Sunday Nights" is a collection of shorts from Chaplin, Keaton, Chase and Lloyd. It kicks off at midnight, eastern time.

I saw that on the 1st pf January at 8:08 AM EST is the short the Song Of Fame, from 1934, starring Ruth Etting, and Judy Canova(as a part of the Canova family it says!)

Glad you posted that - I saw it listed, but in a hurry had "assumed" it was "Song of the Flame," which is a Vitaphone short version of a Broadway Show by that name. Kinda like "The Red Shadow," ditto "The Desert Song." Obviously not, though. Pretty sure I haven't seen this one.

"Something Secret" has shown in the past year (or so); it was on my hard drive till fairly recently.

Again, Thanks,

Bill

Titan TV which I've been using for my online television listings now includes TCM's shorts in their grid!

Heads up everyone,

there are two 25 minute gaps early tomorrow morning that don't have anything scheduled in them:

(Eastern Time)

5:35 - 600 AM (afer Rollerball) and

9:35 - 1000 AM (after Princess and the Pirate)

My on screen guide says the one following Rollerball is an Operation Crossbow promo; after Princess and the Pirate it's Easy Life, a 1944 Crime Does Not Pay.

Anyone know what, if any shorts aired this morning between 5:35a-6a and 9:35a-10a?. Also, there's a 24 min. gap tomorrow morning between 7:36a-8a after SHOPWORN