Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wizard of Oz Evening

On July third TCM has an evening of 'Wizard Of Oz' related movies and documentaries. Good ol' TCM.

However, it's a shame that they havn't included the Disney movie 'Return To Oz' from 1985. It's a wonderful (but dark) little film featuring Nicol Williamson, Jean Marsh, and an excellent performance by ten year old Fairuza Balk.

I presume that TCM has limited (if any) access to Disney movies.

Regards

Metry Road

Return To Oz was a good movie. My kids say they prefer it to the 1939 Wizard Of Oz.

There was also a movie about the Munchkins (the actors) invading Hollywood. I don't remember what it was called.

Presteign

"There was also a movie about the Munchkins (the actors) invading Hollywood. I don't remember what it was called."

I believe the movie you're thinking of is 1981's Under the Rainbow starring Chevy Chase, Carrie Fisher and Eve Arden...

I thought I saw it all when Sonny & Cher made it to TCM with "Good Times" but as Al Jolson said "You ain't heard nothing yet". On July 3rd Michael Jackson in "The Wiz" will be featured followed by his remake of "The Children's Hour" Are we going to be having a "O.J". Simpson and Robert Blake month next? Instead of "Stars of Summer" It will be "Stars In Court". :0

I would have to agree with the first post here... I liked Return to Oz (aka OZ). I disagree however one what he said about disney. TMC has show some disney movies, includeing some of my favoirts, the films by Miyazaki (Spirited Away, My Neigbor Totoro, Castel in the Sky, ect.). The showing of these films were the reason i came to TMC.

But back to the main subject... Return to Oz was alsome and they should have most defainanly show it. I have however posted a suggestion for them to show it...

Tec

And where's the groovy animated "Journey Back To Oz" from '74...with the voices of Liza Minelli, Paul Lynde, Milton Berle, Herschel Benardi, Ethel Merman, Mickey Rooney, Danny Thomas, Mel Blanc, et al...

And "Wild At Heart" from '90...the post punk homage to "TWOO" from David Lynch...

"Oil can what?"