Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
daddysprimadonna

Your Favorite Scene Featuring An Animal

Since I love Shetland Sheepdogs (a lot of people call them miniature colllies) and Henry Fonda, I'm biased toward a short scene in Daisy Kenyon where Henry calls one that belongs to Daisy (Joan Crawford) beautiful. :)

The pigeons in High Anxiety with Mel Brooks take off of "The Birds". When he gets "Splattered" and then runs into the cleaners and everyone else runs out. That's got to be the best Animal scene

George was a little scoundrel :) How can we forget the inimitable "Asta" in the "Thin Man" series? I love the scene from the second Thin Man movie(forgot the title!), where Asta goes to see Mrs Asta,and chases away the interloper! That scene is hilarious,and Asta was a little ham!

Love that scene in Tovarich when Isabel Jeans stands in front of the mirror with that Russian Wolfhound and exclaims, "LOVELY!" It would have been nothing without the hound!

Yeah, you had mentioned the scene with Asta and Myrna Loy in "The Thin Man" over in the "Best Introduction Shot" thread, so I couldn't use that one again. But I love the dog's-eye-level shot of Asta's face in that scene.

Trigger. Especially unsaddled, rearing on a hilltop.

Roy Rogers would have been just another yodeler without him.

Maybe we should put Trigger on the "Breathtakingly Beautiful" thread as well.

The scene in Home from the Hill, when Eleanor Parker tells Robert Mitchum that he can't control their son (George Hamilton) like he does his dogs, with a snap of his fingers. Mitchum looks at her nonchalantly, snaps his fingers, and the dogs come right to him.

Also, in Duck Soup when Harpo shows Groucho his tattoo of the doghouse on his chest, and the dog's head comes out and barks at him.

The last scene in You Never Can Tell, where Joyce Holden aka Goldie the horse gallops up into heaven (gets me every time). In case you forgot, Dick Powell aka Rex the dog stayed on earth.

How I loved those fantasy movies.

How about Kim Hunter in Planet Of The Apes there was some pretty interesting in that movie !

Oops, I suppose that he doesn't count,since he was mechanical. But if he does,then I'm adding "Godzilla"- I love Godzilla,but only in the old cheesy Godzilla movies,not that recent one with the computer-generated special effects. What's the acronym for that again,anyone?

"The whole movie That Darn Cat. Best feline actor ever (sorry Tonto)."

For feline actors I'd like to nominate:

Orangey ("Cat" in Breakfast at Tiffany's)

Uncredited Cat [must have had a bad agent] ("Pyewacket" in Bell Book and Candle)

and the winner:

Uncredited Cat [with the help of Elspeth March] ("Thomasina" in The Three Lives of Thomasina)

"Thomasina" looks very much like "Cat" in Breakfast at Tiffany; and in both movies feature a rainy, wet cat finale. I wonder if it's the same cat?

"Heidi"-A capuchin monkey comes through the window and wreaks havoc in the mansion. I remember the bad woman falling on the floor and the monkey throwing things at her.

"Zoo in Budapest"-An elephant follows orders to throw water in a lion's face.

"Roman Scandals"-More than 20 dogs run to lick Eddie Cantor's feet after honey falls on him.

"Behave Yourself!"-The terrier was the main focus in the film.