Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my food

NipkowDisc

those tunafish saltines I supped on last nite were very tasty indeed along with a cold pepsi.

gonna have it again tonite. you wanna use solid white albacore in water, either chicken of the sea or bumble bee. my secret is after it's made up you wanna give it a sprinkle of ground black pepper which will add to the tastiness. :)

what I do is after the tunafish has been refrigerated for a few hours then I make up the crackers and let'em sit in the refrigerator a few more hours covered with foil. the saltines soften a little which makes nipkowdisc's fancy tunafish saltine ordooves a taste treat.

and doan be lookin' for them at the tcm wine club. that ain't the place to look for nipkowdisc's high class eats. you just make 'em yourself like I do.

now I've always found the best film to watch to make yourself hungry for fine grub is 'I am a fugitive from a chain gang' with paul muni.

all muni and bomber have to eat is sargum, pig fat, grease and fried dough...

"and you better get to likin' it because you're gonna get the same thing every day, every year." -bomber (james ellison)

here's another cheerful menu expectation.

I also kinda like steve mcqueen saying to himself in papillon...

"no, you'll eat everything they give ya."

:D 

When I used to eat this, I'd mix it with extra mayo and some sweet hot dog relish - then slap it on a Ritz. Mighty tasty, as I recall. Munchies are a terrible thing to waste.

Nip-- I use Ritz crackers with tuna fish. & I crumbled the Ritz crackers in the tuna fish with a little mayo, then put it in the refrigerator.

You can add pickles later, if you have a mind to. (Sweet relish is much easier)

And yes, solid white albacore is what I always use too.

With the Ritz crackers I have left over, I put olives on them with cream cheese to eat on the side.

I do this once a week, Very convenient and fast.

Tuna fish on saltines? Sounds too minimalist for me.

I go with tuna on toast with mayo, and tuna in oil,

not water. Oil gives it that nice slippery flavor.

I only eat a big meal every other day. I just had

a couple of hard-boiled eggs tonight. Not many,

I'm no cool hand Luke.

nice slippery flavor?  :o

most of the time I doan like mayonnaise at all. can't stand it really. but with my food aesthetics when mixed with tuna it's something else entirely and I can eat it.

except for tunafish, I doan like seafood at all. and I doan like relish or olives neither.

I'm essentially a meat and potatoes and spaghetti person. I love a good plate of spaghetti in a meat sauce with grated cheese and buttered italian bread as a tasty appetizer. :)

nice slippery flavor?  :o

most of the time I doan like mayonnaise at all. can't stand it really. but with my food aesthetics when mixed with tuna it's something else entirely and I can eat it.

except for tunafish, I doan like seafood at all. and I doan like relish or olives neither.

I'm essentially a meat and potatoes and spaghetti person. I love a good plate of spaghetti in a meat sauce with grated cheese and buttered italian bead as a tasty appetizer. :)

I also like sauerkraut-flavored hot dogs (turkey) cooked like for four hours in a crock pot and served with mashed potatoes...

sans the sauerkraut. doan like sauerkraut either just the flavor of it in the hot dogs. :)

am I annoyingly selective or what?  :D

used to eat alotta liverwurst with mustard sandwiches when I was a kid sometimes sprinkled with onion salt.

but you gotta eat liverwurst while it's fresh because it doan stay good too long.

Today was a light lunch/snack thing. Peanut butter and

honey on Italian bread...

I've been eating that all week.. though I've been using organic multi-grain bread - not dry at all.

Mmmm good!

HEY! Anybody here have a good recipe for a nice deep-fried Monte Cristo sandwich???

Huh?  WHAT? Wrong thread you say?!

(...sorry...never mind then)

;)

****edit to follow****

Guess this joke would have been better placed in ND's "Healthy Food" thread, and which I hadn't noticed THIS one wasn't...OOOPS!!!

I can only have this sandwich maybe once a year, and I'd have to not eat

all day holding off until about 9:00 PM.. 

Liverwurst on rye slathered with extra mayo and a good dusting of freshly ground black pepper.

Liverwurst on rye slathered with extra mayo and a good dusting of freshly ground black pepper.

no mayo for me but used to eat alotta liverwurst on rye.with mustard.

eat happily now, croak later. :)

I gots ta know here, Kid...

That one day a year you scarf this down that late in the day, what kind'a dreams does that mind o' yours usually conjure up after you go beddy-bye a little while later?

(...I'll bet they're real doozies, aren't they)

I gots ta know here, Kid...

That one day a year you scarf this down that late in the day, what kind'a dreams does that mind o' yours usually conjure up after you go beddy-bye a little while later?

(...I'll bet they're real doozies, aren't they)

Usually flying saucers in the night sky. You know.. the usual.

When I was in the neighborhood, I would always go straight for the (take out) pork fried rice - maybe a few spring rolls with some hot mustard. 

used to have pork fried rice when I was a kid. neatly prepared with little bits of scrambled eggs mixed in..

coulda done without the long stringy strands of onion though.

used to have pork fried rice when I was a kid. neatly prepared with little bits of scrambled eggs mixed in..

coulda done without the long stringy strands of onion though.

Where are you from Nipkow?

You do remember Eugene Pallette's (Sam) exchange with Warner Oland (Henry) in Shanghai Express. When the time comes, I think Eugene Pallette would be great as Trump in the Donald Trump biopic:

Sam Salt: I can't make head or tail outta' you, Mr. Chang. Are you Chinese, or are you white, or what are you? 

Mr. Henry Chang: My mother is Chinese. My father was white. 

Sam Salt: You look more like a white man to me. 

Mr. Henry Chang: I'm not proud of my white blood. 

Sam Salt: Oh, you're not, are you? 

Mr. Henry Chang: No, I'm not. 

Sam Salt: Rather be a Chinaman, huh? 

Mr. Henry Chang: Yes. 

Sam Salt: What future is there in bein' a Chinaman? You're born, eat your way through a handful of rice, and you die. What a country! Let's have a drink!

Some friends want me to make spaghetti with meat sauce. I made a very low sodium version about two months ago - 25 servings - and ate the whole thing. Not at one sitting! Takes me a week to eat all that. My first question when someone wants me to make this is "Do you like garlic?". I buy lots of fresh garlic.

Archived