Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my food

NipkowDisc

I realize my previous post may have been misinterpreted. I did not mean to suggest you ate these each day of the week. My intent was to say that the next day in the sequence (Friday) is 'once in a while' - in response to your saying you were tempted to get some "tomorrow".

Just slightly tempted. I do succumb but not that often,

but that cupcake sure looked yummy.

As much as I like candy, I would never eat it for breakfast.

Breakfast may be my only healthy meal--toast or Cheerios.

Pouring milk on cereal makes it soggy. I just use a separate

glass of milk.

For lunch today: Walnuts, raspberries, blackberries, banana, Greek yogurt (organic).

I am having a rare treat for dinner tonight: a broiled hamburger patty with a thick slice each of sweet onion and tomato - topped with yellow mustard. No bread.

I went to our local meat market and got some 1/3 Lb chuck patties. When you get them at the meat market they are tightly compressed by the machine they are formed with - you can't make them by hand - and have very little shrinkage when cooked. When you bite into one it chews like a good steak.

This is a very, very low sodium meal - about +/- 136mg per burger as described above.

tonite's meager meal for me will consist of three slices of buttered white bread and some delectable banquet brown n' serve sausages. :)

[Nipkow, you write so eloquently about cuisine. You should stick to that, and leave the discussion of politics to those of us who understand it!]

I'm trying to lose a few pounds -- tonight's dinner: big salad (red lettuce, small Persian cucumbers,  tomato, mushrooms, onion, only with balsamic vinegar -- no oil), plus a sliced turkey sandwich on Arnold's thin 40-calorie white bread. For dessert: a fruit salad which I will make with fresh peaches, apricots, cherries, strawberries, grapes.

Cheerios are pretty good by the handful right out of the box. Cocoa Puffs, too.

They do make a good snack, though I don't eat them that

way very often. And as time goes by, they lose a bit of their

crunch and get soft.

I like my burgers plain, just with a little salt. Not sure about tonight,

maybe some rice with marge and salt. I'm going back to a little

snack I liked as a kid--peanut butter and honey on Italian bread. Yummy.

Oddly enough, Kid, I'm also having hamburgers for dinner, but mine will feature bread, cheese, salt, fat, etc etc. All the good stuff that kills ya quicker. :P

:P

I don't want to see your name in the Death Takes No Holiday thread...

[Nipkow, you write so eloquently about cuisine. You should stick to that, and leave the discussion of politics to those of us who understand it!]

I'm trying to lose a few pounds -- tonight's dinner: big salad (red lettuce, small Persian cucumbers,  tomato, mushrooms, onion, only with balsamic vinegar -- no oil), plus a sliced turkey sandwich on Arnold's thin 40-calorie white bread. For dessert: a fruit salad which I will make with fresh peaches, apricots, cherries, strawberries, grapes.

I've been using a balsamic glaze lately, which has a very sweet red wine flavor and is so thick it needs to be coaxed out of the bottle - but man does it stick to the salad.

They do make a good snack, though I don't eat them that

way very often. And as time goes by, they lose a bit of their

crunch and get soft.

I like my burgers plain, just with a little salt. Not sure about tonight,

maybe some rice with marge and salt. I'm going back to a little

snack I liked as a kid--peanut butter and honey on Italian bread. Yummy.

I have eaten quite a lot of peanut butter and honey (sandwiches) this year. Much better than jelly, IMO.

I have eaten quite a lot of peanut butter and honey (sandwiches) this year. Much better than jelly, IMO.

I usually just have two or three single slices. When I

was a kid, I was addicted to pb and grape jelly

sandwiches, but somewhere along the line I gave

them up.

One of your more aerogellian posts.

Hákarl  has that effect on people. ;)  

A delicacy that the famous Gordon Ramsey  whom claims can eat anything couldn't stomach. :lol:

http://hungrybloggers.com/article/hakarl-dish-gordon-ramsay-couldnt-keep-down

Serves him right for bragging.

tumblr_inline_nc2ix0ndvJ1rucqfq.gif

Some more fun stuff.

hakarl1.jpg

tourist_hakarl_1510_360_318_100.jpg

Anyone up to the challenge?

Check out Lookalikes in General Discussions.

I remember when I was a kid American cheese was fairly thick.

Now, at least for the major brands, it's some kind of thin

processed cheese like product. Nowhere as tasty as the old

time stuff.

I got an Entenmann's crumb cake this week. So delicious. I

get one about three or four times a year as a special treat.

Otherwise I would buy them every week and that's not good.

Now that you've mentioned sweets (again)..

My favorite morning snack is a large apple fritter and cup of fresh, black coffee - no sugar. The fritter has to come from a family bakery.. none of those weenie-sized units from the chain donut shops. Of course, I can no longer indulge.. but I sure do think awfully hard about it.

..pass them sausages down this end, Nipkow

eIo5e8V.jpg

My favorite morning snack is a large apple fritter and cup of fresh, black coffee - no sugar. The fritter has to come from a family bakery.. none of those weenie-sized units from the chain donut shops. Of course, I can no longer indulge.. but I sure do think awfully hard about it.

eIo5e8V.jpg

Whew Kid, Upon first glance of your photo, I thought you were mocking Nip's remark re: "disgusting humor"...

Unti I read your post...glad that is an Apple Fritter!

Whew Kid, Upon first glance of your photo, I thought you were mocking Nip's remark re: "disgusting humor"...

Unti I read your post...glad that is an Apple Fritter!

looks like a piece of shapeless overglucosed danish pastry.

I think I'll let that one pass by. Looks like a brain or a giant

walnut half, though I'm sure it tastes a whole lot better. I

used to work in a store next to a grocery store with a large

bakery section and many mornings I'd run in and get a chocolate

donut and milk. An instant energy boost.

eIo5e8V.jpg

Yeah, that should do it. ;)

16067574889_20abd46341_b.jpg

Archived