Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my food

NipkowDisc

I used to line an oven rack with foil, lay out 24 Ritz crackers, cover each with grated mozzarella, place a thick slice of pepperoni on top, then bake at 350F until the pepperoni curled up into a bowl and filled with it's own juices.

I miss those days..

I used to line an oven rack with foil, lay out 24 Ritz crackers, cover each with grated mozzarella, place a thick slice of pepperoni on top, then bake at 350F until the pepperoni curled up into a bowl and filled with it's own juices.

I miss those days..

yechh! I hate melted cheese in all of it's forms.

for me cheese has to be cold and hard or even at room temperature just so long as it's hard.

for me cheese has to be cold and hard or even at room temperature just so long as it's hard.

There's definitely more flavor when it's cold, hard, at room temperature.

Here's some yechhy!

DzxvVyp.jpg

Cold and hard, like you Trump supporters!

Actually, I'm leaving for London tomorrow. I love to get cheddar cheese (Waitrose #6 extra mature is my favorite) and melt it on toast. I make the toast first, then melt the cheese on top of it in the microwave.

http://www.waitrose.com/shop/DisplayProductFlyout?productId=268062

When I was a kid, our natural gas stoves had a flame broiler in the bottom section where I'd place two heavily buttered pieces of Wonder bread. I'd broil them until they looked lightly toasted. This method allows the bread to absorb all the butter and still brown nicely on top. The underside remains untoasted and saturated with butter. This produces a complex texture of crisp toastiness and soft chewiness.

The butter makes it sweet.

Cold and hard, like you Trump supporters!

Actually, I'm leaving for London tomorrow. I love to get cheddar cheese (Waitrose #6 extra mature is my favorite) and melt it on toast. I make the toast first, then melt the cheese on top of it in the microwave.

http://www.waitrose.com/shop/DisplayProductFlyout?productId=268062

http://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/donald-trumps-favorite-foods-6-recipes-you-can-try.html/?a=viewall

When I was a kid, our natural gas stoves had a flame broiler in the bottom section where I'd place two heavily buttered pieces of Wonder bread. I'd broil them until they looked lightly toasted. This method allows the bread to absorb all the butter and still brown nicely on top. The underside remains untoasted and saturated with butter. This produces a complex texture of crisp toastiness and soft chewiness.

The butter makes it sweet.

You used to love to eat, didn't you, Kid? You have a way of writing about food that makes a reader hungry. I take it from your comments that you are on a restricted diet now, though.

You used to love to eat, didn't you, Kid? You have a way of writing about food that makes a reader hungry. I take it from your comments that you are on a restricted diet now, though.

I think there's something about the way the Kid talks about food that suggests he is a chef.

Who remembers Kilpatrick's bread. It later became Weber's. The former is remembered from such an early age, I'm amazed that I'm still aware of it. It should be down the memory hole by now.

EDIt: decided to google, seems it's a CA bread, mostly in the Bay Area, which is where I remembered in the early 50s. I lived in Alameda. Can't quite tell if it's still going or not.

Prompted by a health issue, I quit smoking after 45 years and became a vegetarian (not vegan) the same day. 

"brown n serve.. brown n serve.. brAWwkk!"

HAVK9Eh.jpg

they taste pretty dam good to me.

maybe some of youz need help cooking them.

you should cook five of them for one minute twenty seconds in a 700 watt microwave. :D

they taste pretty dam good to me.

maybe some of youz need help cooking them.

you should cook five of them for one minute twenty seconds in a 700 watt microwave. :D

Oh, I wasn't criticizing your excellent choice in foods. I've had my share of Brown-n-Serve...

B)

Tonight I'm having one of my favorites: boneless, skinless white meat chicken tenders, prepared in the slow-cooker with Campbell's condensed cream of chicken with herbs and cream of onion soups. I add a blend of spices (black pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, thyme, sage) and let it simmer over 6 hours. Serve on a bed of lightly buttered white rice, with a side of veggies. Yum!

The only problem is smelling the cooking food all day. 

Tonight I'm having one of my favorites: boneless, skinless white meat chicken tenders, prepared in the slow-cooker with Campbell's condensed cream of chicken with herbs and cream of onion soups. I add a blend of spices (black pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, thyme, sage) and let it simmer over 6 hours. Serve on a bed of lightly buttered white rice, with a side of veggies. Yum!

The only problem is smelling the cooking food all day.

That sounds very close to what I had last night except I made dumplings with gluten-free Bisquick. You've got to do a lot with chicken to to make it tasty.

That sounds very close to what I had last night except I made dumplings with gluten-free Bisquick. You've got to do a lot with chicken to to make it tasty.

I must have more luck than you with chicken. The trick for me is don't dress up the chick with extraneous flavors, like condiments or sauces. The flavor of the chicken is overwhelmed by such additions. No chicken sandwiches.

But I have a big problem with ground turkey. No taste at all. A local health-oriented store with hot food bars throw turkey meat loaf and turkey burritos and stuff like that at you. I can't taste anything but I might also be a little biased. I don't remember ground turkey in earlier years and i believe it's a fairly new innovation in food prep. Last 20-25 years or so, but not before. Turkey is healthier than nasty ole red meat so that's what they give you. They won't get my money for such light weight meals.

I must have more luck than you with chicken. The trick for me is don't dress up the chick with extraneous flavors, like condiments or sauces. The flavor of the chicken is overwhelmed by such additions. No chicken sandwiches.

But I have a big problem with ground turkey. No taste at all. A local health-oriented store with hot food bars throw turkey meat loaf and turkey burritos and stuff like that at you. I can't taste anything but I might also be a little biased. I don't remember ground turkey in earlier years and i believe it's a fairly new innovation in food prep. Last 20-25 years or so, but not before. Turkey is healthier than nasty ole red meat so that's what they give you. They won't get my money for such light weight meals.

In Kansas the healthy choice is definitely red meat but not beef--

Buffalo, ground and otherwise it's sold in the supermarkets as well as the organic grocery stores. I ate it for some time 25 years ago. But it's an acquired taste, and if you were raised on beef, it's hard to acquire the desire for buffalo.

However, people tend to lose weight if they substitute Buffalo for beef because it is leaner.

Does anybody in this joint eat breakfast?

Yes,  Oatmeal,  with ground flax seeds, fruits (bananas, blueberries, etc..),  and walnuts.   No added sugar.       

or 2 poached eggs,  whole wheat toast,  and Greek yogurt.

Does anybody in this joint eat breakfast?

Not at 7:30 in the morning. I have a very

boring morning menu that I do every week.

M--English muffin

T--Toast

W--Cheerios

T--Cinnamon Swirl toast

F--Cheerios

S--Cinnamon Swirl toast

S--Cheerios

Told ya it was boring.

Not at 7:30 in the morning. I have a very

boring morning menu that I do every week.

M--English muffin

T--Toast

W--Cheerios

T--Cinnamon Swirl toast

F--Cheerios

S--Cinnamon Swirl toast

S--Cheerios

Told ya it was boring.

What do you put on the English Muffin and toast? My guess is nothing. Your posts indicate that you are quite the minimalist. You don't seem to like sauces on things and you tend to dislike busy sandwiches. etc.

I'm not criticizing, not at all. I wish I were more like that. My weight sure would be better. My problem is that I'm TOO obsessed with food. I don't do the razzle-dazzle necessarily but I often manage to find something disgustingly unhealthy to put on my foods.

Yay for minimalism !!!

I shouldn't be labeling other people's diets, so I ask your pardon. I hope what I said was okay. Just Confab.

What do you put on the English Muffin and toast? My guess is nothing. Your posts indicate that you are quite the minimalist. You don't seem to like sauces on things and you tend to dislike busy sandwiches. etc.

I'm not criticizing, not at all. I wish I were more like that. My weight sure would be better. My problem is that I'm TOO obsessed with food. I don't do the razzle-dazzle necessarily but I often manage to find something disgustingly unhealthy to put on my foods.

Yay for minimalism !!!

I shouldn't be labeling other people's diets, so I ask your pardon. I hope what I said was okay. Just Confab.

No problem and minimalist sounds better than picky. I am pretty basic as far

as food goes, though not so much that I don't put margarine on my muffins

and toast. I do. When I was a kid I loved to put cinnamon sugar on buttered

toast, especially if the toast was still fairly hot and everything melted together.

Yummy. The Cinnamon Swirl isn't quite as delicious, but it's good enough. I'm not

much of a cook either, though I'm better than those 1960s sitcom men who had trouble

boiling water and always burned the toast.

Archived