• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my food

NipkowDisc

I have the same every day

One egg from a vegan chicken - scrambled
One cup of grits - nothing added
Two pieces of smoky maple flavored tempeh formed into two bacon-like strips - lightly browned in olive oil
One cup green tea - hot.

______

When I was younger, I would skip breakfast. When I did have it, I would make sausage gravy over buttered toast, or.. two poached eggs on buttered toast with a lemon zest cheese sauce, or.. go to a restaurant and order chicken fried steak with mucho extra gravy, scrambled eggs, hash browns and coffee.

"One egg from a vegan chicken"? :huh:

Today I was trying to buy some eggs and I didn't know if I should buy free range organic or just free range or just find something that didn't have hormones and antibiotics in them.

I ended up with all the above criteria, but they were so expensive I decided only to buy a half dozen.LOL

Ancient astronaut theorists believe that "vegan chickens" were originally discovered in Chaco Canyon and Gobekli Tepe, and that they were deposited upon the Earth by otherworldly visitors.

Primitive painting of Vegan Chicken found in Incan temple ruins

MiS_ChickenQueen_color.jpg

:lol:

I was trying to LIKE your post, Lawrence. It seems I have reached my limit for LIKEs. Oh well.. to everyone out there in forum land... just assume I like your posts unless you see a post from me indicating otherwise.

_________

Update

OH! Now.. NOWWW.. I can (and have) LIKEd your post.

I have the same every day

One egg from a vegan chicken - scrambled

One cup of grits - nothing added

Two pieces of smoky maple flavored tempeh formed into two bacon-like strips - lightly browned in olive oil

One cup green tea - hot.

______

When I was younger, I would skip breakfast. When I did have it, I would make sausage gravy over buttered toast, or.. two poached eggs on buttered toast with a lemon zest cheese sauce, or.. go to a restaurant and order chicken fried steak with mucho extra gravy, scrambled eggs, hash browns and coffee.

Just wondering which brand you use, Kid, Lightlife or Tofurky? 

:lol:

I was trying to LIKE your post, Lawrence. It seems I have reached my limit for LIKEs. Oh well.. to everyone out there in forum land... just assume I like your posts unless you see a post from me indicating otherwise.

_________

Update

OH! Now.. NOWWW.. I can (and have) LIKEd your post.

What is the limit for 'likes'?

What is the limit for 'likes'?

I don't know, and I was surprised to discover I had reached it - apparently. I seem to be getting carried away with this. You guys are gonna hafta cut back on the good posts..

:P

Crikey! I checked out the price of canned tuna this morning as I was shopping... .80 to .90 per 5-ounce can for Chicken of the Sea or Starkist. I think the last time I bought a can it was .65 - this stuff is darn near as expensive as beef. 

When did mercury become a precious metal?

Crikey! I checked out the price of canned tuna this morning as I was shopping... .80 to .90 per 5-ounce can for Chicken of the Sea or Starkist. I think the last time I bought a can it was .65 - this stuff is darn near as expensive as beef. 

When did mercury become a precious metal?

but tuna is so tasty mercury and all. :)

Tofurky. For my diet the best feature of this is it's very low sodium content: 50 mg per strip

Thanks, Kid.  I forgot that sodium was a consideration for you, Lightlife is the one I like.

I should also have asked if you like tempeh in general, because it's one of my favorite sources of protein.  Here's a tasty main dish to try if you're interersted:

https://lesliebeck.com/recipes/lemon-broil-tempeh

San-J Organic Low Sodium tamari works well here, and because I'm lazy, I just use garlic and onion granules. This meal is great served on a bed of rice.

Thanks, Kid.  I forgot that sodium was a consideration for you, Lightlife is the one I like.

I should also have asked if you like tempeh in general, because it's one of my favorite sources of protein.  Here's a tasty main dish to try if you're interersted:

https://lesliebeck.com/recipes/lemon-broil-tempeh

San-J Organic Low Sodium tamari works well here, and because I'm lazy, I just use garlic and onion granules. This meal is great served on a bed of rice.

Thank you, Belle. The Tofurkey tempeh strips is the only product I've tried so far. 

That's a nice recipe.. I'll have to forego the low-sodium tamari though - the 1/4 Cup is 11,360 mg of sodium and I won't be able to determine the amount absorbed by the tempeh. I'll use this recipe without any sodium and modify it until I get the flavor, then I can add measured amounts of sodium to bring it out. As long as I can measure the sodium it'll be cool.

Now... if we can figure a way to ferment tuna like the tempeh, we can get NipkowDisc in on this venture..

Thank you, Belle. The Tofurkey tempeh strips is the only product I've tried so far. 

That's a nice recipe.. I'll have to forego the low-sodium tamari though - the 1/4 Cup is 11,360 mg of sodium and I won't be able to determine the amount absorbed by the tempeh. I'll use this recipe without any sodium and modify it until I get the flavor, then I can add measured amounts of sodium to bring it out. As long as I can measure the sodium it'll be cool.

Now... if we can figure a way to ferment tuna like the tempeh, we can get NipkowDisc in on this venture..

Since I'm probably at least as picky an eater as Nip, he might like this if he'd be willing to give it a try.

I hear you about the tamari.  Before posting that recipe, I looked at Bragg's Liquid Aminos because it's supposed to be low sodium, but I didn't think there was enough of a difference to mention.  Actually, I use less than a quarter cup of it, and probably a little more lemon juice instead.  Because they are different weights, you can measure the liquids at the same time, and see them separate.  Cool.

One of the best things is it takes no time at all to set it up to marinade, then just throw it in the oven for about a half hour.  Couldn't be much simpler.  Hope you can get the balance right and enjoy.

Since I'm probably at least as picky an eater as Nip, he might like this if he'd be willing to give it a try.

I hear you about the tamari.  Before posting that recipe, I looked at Bragg's Liquid Aminos because it's supposed to be low sodium, but I didn't think there was enough of a difference to mention.  Actually, I use less than a quarter cup of it, and probably a little more lemon juice instead.  Because they are different weights, you can measure the liquids at the same time, and see them separate.  Cool.

One of the best things is it takes no time at all to set it up to marinade, then just throw it in the oven for about a half hour.  Couldn't be much simpler.  Hope you can get the balance right and enjoy.

I just checked Bragg's too - loaded with sodium. 

From what I've read, tempeh takes up flavors easily so I'll be trying stuff like peanut butter, maple syrup, lemon or lime.

I use a digital gram scale to measure out table salt, calculating the amount which is sodium. I even go so far as to calculate the amount of sodium pasta absorbs when salt is added to the boiling water (it's not much). Pasta just doesn't get it without salt.

• 4 weeks later...

went down to the food bank today for assorted free goodies.

found something good in a granola type bar by this company called kashi.

dark chocolate cashew chia, kinda chewy and delicious.

nice little snack bar that will fill your gizzard. :)

• 1 month later...

I love chocolate, but I don't eat it for breakfast.

Some well meaning but misguided relatives brought over

two large Little Caesar's everything on it pizzas last month.

I had to do a little minor surgery to get all that **** off, and

the remaining cheese pizza wasn't that bad. I got a cheese

pizza from Pizza Hut last week, along with bread sticks and

a big Pepsi. Yummy.

I love chocolate, but I don't eat it for breakfast.

Some well meaning but misguided relatives brought over

two large Little Caesar's everything on it pizzas last month.

I had to do a little minor surgery to get all that **** off, and

the remaining cheese pizza wasn't that bad. I got a cheese

pizza from Pizza Hut last week, along with bread sticks and

a big Pepsi. Yummy.

doan like melted cheese in any form. no sir!

I remember when I was younger these little round shortbread cookies and one side was covered with chocolate jimmies.

I remember when I was younger these little round shortbread cookies and one side was covered with chocolate jimmies.

So you don't eat pizza  or you get pizza with NO cheese (which is fairly common in Italy).

No cheese pizza. I can't go there. Love it. One of my favorite

desserts, which I haven't had in a long time, was icebox cake.

Those thin chocolate wafers with whipped cream placed in

between until there is an eight or nine inch long stack of them

and then put in the refrigerator or maybe it was the freezer.

Boy was that delicious.

Archived