Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my food

NipkowDisc

last nite I had a delicious batch of tunafish on saltines but I didn't seem to enjoy as much as I used to.

I think they're getting kind of monotonous.

tonite it will be two delicious provolone sub sandwiches with canola oil and plenty of oregano. :D

last nite I had a delicious batch of tunafish on saltines but I didn't seem to enjoy as much as I used to.

I think they're getting kind of monotonous.

tonite it will be two delicious provolone sub sandwiches with canola oil and plenty of oregano. :D

This is the biggest BOMBSHELL this thread will ever see.

T&S are facing The Law of Diminishing Utility.

Nip, you need to go on the KellyMeganFile to explain this.

If you do, say hello for me ... I like  her

my election nite meal will be two delicious provolone sub sandwiches with canola oil and plenty of oregano. can't be beat. :)

but I'm a gonna wait for the returns to really start going trump's way before I start chompin' and a chewin' and guzzlin' it all down with pepsi. :D

chompin' to good good news will help the digestion. :)

I still have some of my Halloween candy left, which I think

shows some ability for self-restraint. I was too lazy to make

spaghetti over the weekend, so I made some noodles with

strained Ragu and Parmesan cheese. Pretty tasty. I really

haven't thought about a special treat for tonight, maybe a

bowl of Friendly's Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream.

I tried an oldie-but-goodie from eons back. Remember P.T Barnum Animal Crackers. Well, after decades of absence I was suddenly seized by a terrible obsession for one. I shamelessly admit that I was emboldened in seeing that the packages did not have those string handles which precluded anyone calling me a sissy. I was shocked by how hard they were. Then I realized (sometimes I can be very sharp) that the hardness was caused by the absence of partially hydrogenated oils, a toxic trans fat that the government has declared to be lethal. I chewed on a few (grinded is more like it) and soon realized how dreadful they were taste-wise. This experience brought no sighs of nostalgia, that's for sure. I had bought three packages because they were on sale. I gave them to a couple of homeless guys and they looked me like, are you kidding me? Ungrateful fellows.

I tried an oldie-but-goodie from eons back. Remember P.T Barnum Animal Crackers. Well, after decades of absence I was suddenly seized by a terrible obsession for one. I shamelessly admit that I was emboldened in seeing that the packages did not have those string handles which precluded anyone calling me a sissy. I was shocked by how hard they were. Then I realized (sometimes I can be very sharp) that the hardness was caused by the absence of partially hydrogenated oils, a toxic trans fat that the government has declared to be lethal. I chewed on a few (grinded is more like it) and soon realized how dreadful they were taste-wise. This experience brought no sighs of nostalgia, that's for sure. I had bought three packages because they were on sale. I gave them to a couple of homeless guys and they looked me like, are you kidding me? Ungrateful fellows.

That was my favorite cookie as a toddler. I held on to it for a number of decades. Then I finally discovered that it was shortbread and that's what I really liked, so I started buying Pepperidge Farm. I felt the same way about Smith Brothers Cough Drops cherry or Luden's cherry. But I don't think they make either one anymore.

I would really like to try this pie, never had a sweet potato pie. Sugar pie and Tortiere are in abundance up here and delicious (when guzzled down with a Pepsi;).

A sweet potato pie is 50% sugar. I find that ironic, since Patti LaBelle is diabetic.

Being an American, I never warmed too much to French desserts--they seemed bitter or sour to me. The only thinG that I ever liked was a Vacherin, you can never go wrong with French ice cream.

Also, I loved bananes flamblées-- I used to get them on the cheap student menus in Paris.

A sweet potato pie is 50% sugar. I find that ironic, since Patti LaBelle is diabetic.

Being an American, I never warmed too much to French desserts--they seemed bitter or sour to me. The only thinG that I ever liked was a Vacherin, you can never go wrong with French ice cream.

Also, I loved bananes flamblées-- I used to get them on the cheap student menus in Paris.

never liked sweet potatoes, too sweet.

Not sure I'm following what the 'being an American' comment implies since there isn't really an 'American' food group (well maybe Southern food???).

Anyhow,  I don't like my desserts to be too sweet and in this regard I could say this is why I don't like most 'American' desserts.

I don't know which is worse, the taste or the look of sweet

potatoes. Yuck. And to make a pie out of those things.

Double yuck. Chocolate mousse is pretty good. As a kid

I liked chocolate babies candy, but you had to be lucky.

It they were soft, they were good. If they were old and

hard they were a dentist's dream.

I don't know which is worse, the taste or the look of sweet

potatoes. Yuck. And to make a pie out of those things.

Double yuck. Chocolate mousse is pretty good. As a kid

I liked chocolate babies candy, but you had to be lucky.

It they were soft, they were good. If they were old and

hard they were a dentist's dream.

I love sweet potatoes but I like them very simple;  Baked with a little butter and salt and pepper.

I love sweet potatoes but I like them very simple;  Baked with a little butter and salt and pepper.

To each their own. I like regular baked potatoes with margarine

or sour cream. I ordered a baked potato at a restaurant and

the waitress misunderstood what I said and brought back a

baked potato with both margarine and sour cream on it. Not

a good combo. Didn't really taste bad, just kind of weird.

In France, I used to eat at a cafeteria at least once a week. And it seems like no matter what other vegetable they had-- they always had brussel sprouts. I had never eaten them before and I don't know if they're that popular in the United States. I'm curious to know who else likes brussel sprouts and how do you cook them?

In France, I used to eat at a cafeteria at least once a week. And it seems like no matter what other vegetable they had-- they always had brussel sprouts. I had never eaten them before and I don't know if they're that popular in the United States. I'm curious to know who else likes brussel sprouts and how do you cook them?

I love brussel sprouts but they do have a somewhat bitter taste.    I like them steamed (but still with a little crunch),  with butter, salt and pepper.   Another great way is to steam them until they have half cook and then sauté them with bacon until they are cook fully. 

I love brussel sprouts but they do have a somewhat bitter taste.    I like them steamed (but still with a little crunch),  with butter, salt and pepper.   Another great way is to steam them until they have half cook and then sauté them with bacon until they are cook fully.

For a change, try roasting your brussel sprouts in a 400 degree oven for about 35 minutes. I cut the brussel sprout in half to maximize the surface area which will get a nice caramelization and that is the purpose of roasting at a higher temp!

Before roasting, coat the sprouts in olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh garlic is also nice tossed in, then after they are done, use a bit of balsamic to finish them off.

Cauliflower is also really nice prepared the same way. I love the nutty flavour that is produced by using the roast method.

• 3 weeks later...

green giant has a line of microwaveable vegetables called Steamers.

so try their Roasted Potatoes lightly sauced with garlic and herbs.

new beverage discovery too....wild cherry pepsi. :D

tastes like Dr Pepper but maybe a tad better tasting. :)

green giant has a line of microwaveable vegetables called Steamers.

so try their Roasted Potatoes lightly sauced with garlic and herbs.

I've had those on occasion. I liked them. Many of those Green Giant Steamers are good.

Tonight I had Asian-BBQ-marinated baked chicken tenders, with long grain rice, and some Lima beans. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

tonite the day after christmas for me it will be a can of progresso beef pot roast soup and after I've gobbled down the delicious vegetables and saved alotta the broth in will go a goodly amount of pepperidge farm goldfish crackers.

ya can't beat that. blow up real good after they've settled in your gizzard.

to my family I am the mad glutton! :lol:

Archived