Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It all came true....humphrey bogart, ann sheridan

god this is one of the best bogey movies I have seen....I love the comedy of it....what a great and unusual performance for bogey...i never heard him laugh so much as I did in the vaudville in the living room scene...thank you TCM...for playing this movie...bogey is my absolute favorite and I hadn't seen this yet....

I love this little movie too. I'm especially fond of the scene in which Bogart and Sheridan watch Felix Bressart as The Great Boldini perform his act in the parlor. Bogey is actually giggling throughout the scene in an almost boyish fashion. It really didn't look as though his laughter was a planned part of his characterization either.I suspect that he enjoyed working with so many delightful old pros such as Una O'Connor, Grant Mitchell & Zazu Pitts, as well as the always sassy, worldweary Ann Sheridan.

It probably didn't hurt that this movie was based on a story by one of Bogart's true friends, popular novelist, Louis Bromfield. Bromfield, fyi, hosted Bogart and Bacall's wedding years later at his farm in Ohio. The man and the place were special in the often lonely Bogart's life.

I taped "It All Came True" the other evening simply because I had never heard of this Bogart-Sheridan vehicle (and also because the description in "Now Playing" made it sound like the kind of quirky, offbeat fare I always adore.)

I haven't watched it yet but according to Leonard Maltin's guide and another vintage guide concerning underrated gems, this was a true showcase for the

amazing (though oddly overlooked) Ann Sheridan.

Can't wait!

I wish I taped it myself....hopfully they will put it out on dvd someday...I agree with the parlor scene it seemed as if bogey was truly laughing....I really, really enjoyed that scene....i cannot wait to see it again..play it again..TCM!

Hi Kim and Ken,

There's no shortage of Ann Sheridan fans on these boards. Wish that they'd make her a star of the month soon. I'm particularly fond of her performances in two disparate films that the divine Miss S. made simultaneously--King's Row and The Man Who Came to Dinner. She's also a delightfully sardonic foil for Gary Cooper's Good Neighbor Sam act, (if only TCM or somebody would show this movie!).She always comes across as a big-hearted beauty who's been knocked around in this old world. Lovely, lippy ole gal.

> Hi Kim and Ken,

> There's no shortage of Ann Sheridan fans on these

> boards. Wish that they'd make her a star of the month

> soon. I'm particularly fond of her performances in

> two disparate films that the divine Miss S. made

> simultaneously--King's Row and The Man Who

> Came to Dinner. She's also a delightfully

> sardonic foil for Gary Cooper's Good Neighbor

> Sam act, (if only TCM or somebody would show this

> movie!).She always comes across as a big-hearted

> beauty who's been knocked around in this old world.

> Lovely, lippy ole gal.

I wholeheartedly agree! I've been a HUGE Ann Sheridan fan since my youth in the 1960s, when I first discovered her in the many films she did for Warners in the late 1930s-early 1940s. I saw It All Came True a few years back, and have it as part of my taped Sheridan collection. Last night, TCM showed one of her best films---Torrid Zone--in which she and Cagney create absolute screen magic. . .with able assistance from Pat O'Brien. Hope all you Sheridan fans who had never seen got a chance to catch it. If not, TCM shows it fairly regularly, so make a note of it.

My favorite Ann Sheridan film is "Torrid Zone".She's beautiful,sexy,funny,and smart.In the Errol Flynn Western she has a small(especially as being billed#3 but unforgettable role as a saloon singer and girlfriend of baddie Bruce Cabot, in this film she is more memorable than leading lady Olivia deHavillnd.!!

I have to say I'm really becoming an Ann Sheridan fan. One of my favorite movies is The Man Who Came to Dinner which features her in a large ensemble cast. But for years that was my only exposure to Ann.

Since having TCM these past few months I've been lucky to see Ann in Nora Prentiss (a new favourite of mine), Torrid Zone (also outstanding), The Doughgirls, and now It All Came True. I know she hated the moniker, but she really does add "Oomph" to these movies, and I mean that in a good way.

I know Juke Girl is on later this month and I can hardly wait to see it, specifically because of Ann. I'll be buying Kings Row as well when it's available too!

Is it crazy to think that maybe Torrid Zone and It All Came True could one day make it to DVD? With Cagney and Bogart as her co-stars, these films maybe have a good chance due to their popularity. Though Nora Prentiss is the one I'd really like to see one day the most on DVD.

It is interesting to note that Ann was shooting both King's Row and The Man Who Came to Dinner simultaneously. She was a gifted actress who, like Claire Trevor (IMHO) has not received her due. I enjoyed her in Nora Prentiss as well