Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

To those seeing "The Wiz" for the first time...

Oh, this movie is just soooooo bad! It is loud, ugly, pretentious, and trite! Just like dpd said about the social consciousness of - Believe You Can Do Anything! Blah, blah, blah! And, at the end when everyone takes off their clothes! What is that all about? Oh, I just can't wait for it to be over.

On a positive note, Diana's figure is great. What a beanpole! Her clothes hang on her and she looks great. But, somebody put some eyelashes on that woman! She hasn't got any. And, she should have worn a pigtail wig or something. That hair has got to go!

And, what has Lena got on???

Well, the highlight of the entire movie is a number by Lena Horne! But, what a price you have to pay to hear it. And, if it weren't for her voice, the song wouldn't cut it either!

The songs from the original show (several of which are in the movie) were great.

As to Lena Horne, I have a memory of laughing hysterically when I saw her singing the song in the movie version when I first saw it because I thought she was giving an incredibly bad performance. And she is so intense in that song that I think she was scarier as Glinda than the Wicked Witch was.

They were probably hoping that if they saved the best for last,the paying audiences would remember her and hopefully they wouldn't stampede the ticket office demanding their money back on pain of death!

...being snarky so you don't have to...

Now, how did you get those letters to appear in red? You are just the cleverest thing!

See how easily I am distracted. The Wiz was so boring, anything will catch my attention.

And, TOOMANY! You are TOO MUCH!

I decided NOT to watch THE WIZ ever again. But, one thing that I do remember thinking was clever--the Scarecrow's nose was a brown Reese's peanut butter cup wrapper--the fluted paper that is on the actual cup. Cute. But, how sad that that is the only thing that I liked about the film.

Sandy K

Here ya go,GM--

(font color="red")text(/font). Replace the parentheses with the greater than/less than symbols. If you want to get really fancy with the colors,find a hex chart on the internet(it will have the numeric names for secondary and tertiary colors-those colors are fun :) ) I'm trying to figure out how to make a particular font also show up when I use the code for a font color-I can't get them to both work at the same time here.