Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Another Week of Miyazaki

how many of you out there think that TMC should have " A Week of Miyazaki". During this week at a specific time (about 8:00 or 9:00) they show films by the great animator, Mr. Miyazaki. His movies, like spirited away and castel in the sky, are what brought me to TMC. My final question is, How many of you out there think that TMC should put in a week of miyazaki this summer for all of us fan (which there are a great number of might i add!)?

I believe TCM aired his films earlier this year, though I didn't see them. As long as I hear the distant cries of long-forgotten old films begging to be shown, I can't vote for modern animations. Sorry.

Alas, the schedules through September have already been posted. Presumably, the soonest you could enjoy this Miyazaki Fest would be in October. I think a week might be a bit ambitious. I'm not aware of TCM ever devoting a week to someone (but then, I'm new here); certain days of the month though. I'd go along with one night; but an entire week would take away too many chances for me to see The Crowd, The Big Parade, early Garland, Pride of the Marines, Eleanor Powell, and so many other movies that I'm hoping to see on TCM one day...

yes, JackBurley, i now about schedule but i don't see why they couldn't change it if they have a lot to votes from their fans. After all the more people watching, the more advertisers would want to put adds on their station... meaning they make more money and will be more happy.

But still i would like to see another week of miyazaki's films. I wouldn't mine seeing it a little late, but i would like to see more animated movies like his one tmc.

"i now about schedule but i don't see why they couldn't change it if they have a lot to votes from their fans."

I think once it's on the schedule, it's pretty much set in stone. I know that many go through the schedule once it's posted and sign-up for the TCM reminders of the movies they don't want to miss. A change to the schedule could wreck havoc (and I don't mean June)!

"After all the more people watching, the more advertisers would want to put adds on their station...

But TCM doesn't advertise. They don't accept commercial remunerations. If bringing Mr. Miyazaki's beautiful works onto TCM means bringing commercials to this commercial-free channel, then I don't want them at all! ;)

Ads?! ADS? Please don't encourage them! And you're running the risk of causing all of the paranoid folk to come out of the woodwork and turn this into a "TCM is on its Deathbed" thread! ;-)

OK, Jack, I give: what's "The Big Dance"?

Ok, i didn't know about it being commercial-free. Im a bit new to the channel and its movies. The last time i saw a movie on the channel was during the week of miyazaki.

That's my point though... if we had more films like Mr. Miyazaki's then there would be more fans from diffrent age groups. I think that TMC should have movies that target a wider range of age groups. People from about 13 to 30 and over watch miyazaki's films. As i channel surf i pass tmc and see that they have an old "classic" black and white soundless movie and i just turn to the next channel.

"[/i]OK, Jack, I give: what's 'The Big Dance'?[/i]

Oh my! It seems to be an example of me trying to type my thoughts before the hour of noon. I meant The Big Street and I was picturing Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda dancing as I typed it...

"As i channel surf i pass tmc and see that they have an old 'classic' black and white soundless movie and i just turn to the next channel."

You might want to stick with it; you could be pleasantly surprised by those black and white soundless movies. I'll watch more Miyazaki if you'll watch Metropolis...

sure, theres not that much to do this summer... but i'll have to look it up and do a bit of research first...lol

If its good enought for you to make a deal with to watch one of Miyazaki's films then i would guess its a really good movie.

> Oh my! It seems to be an example of me trying to

> type my thoughts before the hour of noon. I meant

> The Big Street and I was picturing Lucille

> Ball and Henry Fonda dancing as I typed it...

Thanks, my confused state just ended, for a few minutes at least. I actually saw part of that one (as I did "Big City"), but can't remember if it was on TCM recently or AMC years ago. Growing up with Lucy, it was strange seeing Ball playing such a character. Maybe they'll show it again. And speaking of early Garland, when was the last time they showed "Every Sunday"?

Yeah, whattsamattayu, TCM?

Never mind the classic movies, let's have more anime! Anime morning noon and night, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Rename Cartoon Alley to Anime Alley and throw out those Warner Brothers cartoons.

Absotively. Posolutely. :) :)

----------------------Warning: the above was sar....cas....um. Note to the board grammarian: I misspelled sarcasm on pur-pose.

Cinesage must be flailing his arms like the robot on Lost in Space, at all the words you misspelled on purpose, repeating "That does not compute ..." until he short circuits. In fact, I think he's a Dr. Smith/Robot combo. Oh, the pain ... the pain.

Are you mad? Have you lost your senses? Sarcas um? Another week of Mi ya sery! No! Hand me the gun. I'll say my farewells NOW!

stoneyburke! Where are you????

And, you are right, Matt! CineSage must be going mad over the whole prospect! Anime? Sarcasum? Madness! Sheer Madness!

The last time i saw a movie on the channel was during the week of miyazaki.

That's my point though... if we had more films like Mr. Miyazaki's then there would be more fans from diffrent age groups. I think that TMC should have movies that target a wider range of age groups. People from about 13 to 30 and over watch miyazaki's films. As i channel surf i pass tmc and see that they have an old "classic" black and white soundless movie and i just turn to the next channel.

Huh?

teckid1991....okay, do me a favor? Go to your junior year English teacher in September and ask him/her to add some literature dealing with sarcasm to the curriculum. Better yet, over the summer, go to your reference librarian and ask him/her to recommend some books dealing with the subject to you.

I'm sorry, kid, my post was sar....casm. I hate anime, I hate the guy behind anime, I hate TCM for showing anime, and I even hate having to type the word anime so many times. I might NOT hate anime so much if TCM wouldn't have preSUMED that those who like 'soundless' (they're called Silents) movies would like anime, because they don't.

Also, if your school (why do I have a feeling it doesn't?) has a film course, by all means take it and don't chew gum or listen to your IPOD during class. If not, try to take one during the summer at your local college.

You won't be sorry, really. Hell, you'll probably be the only one in your school who knows the meaning of sarcasm.

I'm here, GarboManiac!! I was going for effect, and it fell flatter than a lead balloon. :)