Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
msladysoul

The Most Handsome Actors!

Ah, metsfan, I've been blathering on about Robert Fuller for awhile now. At times, one has to have stainless steel knickers, but usually we're all pretty nice.

I just thought of two more, whom I had never seen in their very young days, but thanks to TCM, they are now on my 'hunk' list (getting longer every day :) ):

Sterling Hayden and Robert Ryan (neither aged well, imo)

My personal favorites are:

Joel McCrea

Gary Cooper

Randolph Scott (noticing a cowboy theme here?)

John Barrymore

William Holden

Robert Taylor

George Raft

Warren William

My mom was a movie buff, and there was no one like Robert Taylor to her. She adored him.

However, she also went for the handsome, rugged, virile actors such as:

Stephen Boyd

Richard Egan

Steve Cochran

Richard Conte

Clark Gable

Howard Duff

Jon Hall

Victor Mature

John Hodiak

Sterling Hayden

John Payne

Gilbert Roland

Robert Stack

Cornel Wilde

Craig Stevens

Metsfan - I couldn't agree more about Pernell Roberts, I wish I'd have thought of him myself. :-) My very first love! I was 10. hehe I don't like watching Bonanza episodes without Adam. And I do check at the beginning.

Lucas - don't worry about not looking like Paul Newman - who does? ;-) If you did, your wife would have to find someone else to swoon over, it's a 'girl thing'. hehe

I also agree with Bob Montgomery. And totally admire someone (forget who) for adding Orson Welles. I think we forget how handsome he was in his prime because of how large he was at the end of his life. I just hate it when people make 'fat jokes' about Orson. :-(

And I'm so happy that no one mentioned (unless I missed it) the world's biggest fool, Tom Cruise.

Tyrone Power,Cary Grant,and Jeffery Hunter.Hunter was a much underrated actor.Back in the fifties he was looked up as just"a pretty boy",but he gave many excellent performances.His Jesus was very moving!

i had him on my list. i wouldn't call him handsome, but he is uber sexy. hes got that rugged sex appeal. i think the modern equivalent of Robert Mitchum is Michael Madsen.

Oh and i forgot to add Warren Beatty to my first list.

Robert Mitchum has a certain something that use to and still make women find him attractive and melt over him. Maybe it's his nonchalant-ness, his macho, tough, don't care about nothing attitude. He's not the most handsome man in the world but as they use to say he's got that certain something - that certain unspoken something that women like.

Robert Taylor was a great-looking guy. Robert Taylor, Buddy Rogers, Tyrone Power, Dick Powell, and Phillip Reed sure were some pretty boys.

Robert Mitchum, I think the man as well as the actor, is the kind of guy you, well, make whoopee with.....but don't marry. He's the bad boy type that women insist on getting involved with, but...

You know he'll break your heart.

Robert Conrad is a good choice.

That somehow reminded me of another predominantly

television actor, Lyle Waggoner.

So add both those to my list.

I met Robert Conrad when I was a kid. He was on a promotional tour for The Wild Wild West. He was very handsome (I imagine he still is), and just about as tall as I was when I was 10 (or so). I asked for his autograph and he signed an 8x10 for me. I was delighted until I left and looked at it: he signed it "James West". I was disappointed that he didn't realize this kid knew he was an actor playing a part.

Ah youth!

As they say you sholl is right stoneyburke. Robert Mitchum is the kind of guy who'll give you excitement for a few months but he's not the marrying type. Even though women know that they still want him and think they can get him to settle down.

My top 15 list (in order of hotness *lol*):

1. Errol Flynn

2. Rudolph Valentino

3. Gary Cooper

4. Rock Hudson

5. Montgomery Clift

6. Omar Sharif

7. Laurence Olivier

8. James Dean

9. Franchot Tone

10. Cary Grant

11. Clark Gable

12. Stewart Granger

13. Patric Knowles

14. Charles Boyer

15. Burt Lancaster

As you can see, I have put a fair amount of 'thought' into this. *lol*

Hi,

I just signed up for this forum and this is my first post. :-)

My list consists of only one man. And PK, knowing me from another forum knows who it is.

Errol Flynn. He's just so beautiful, intelligent, talented, witty, complicated, gorgeous, handsome, well you get the general idea. ;-)

Well, I guess it's because he was so incredibly good looking. I mean, that was why I posted him as #1 in the Handsome Actors thread. But it was more that just his looks - he had a beautiful speaking voice...and was actually a very well-read, well-traveled, and intelligent man.

If you've not seen The Charge of the Light Brigade, maybe go take a peek at that film. I think Flynn was at his hottest in that movie.

Woohoo! Good to see you here, Jane! :)

Jane is one of the co-founders, along with myself and another girl that we know at a different board, of The Flynnatics. :P

We have alot of fun. ;)

pktrekgirl,

Okay...enough of this Flynn person, time to write something about #2 (your list).

Rudolph Valentino--until a year ago the only thing I knew about Valentino was reading the story of his funeral. I was about ten years old and the book was one of those "incredible, but true!" books. You know, the story of the mass hysteria at the sight of dead Valentino by his fans (mostly women, I guess). The past year, I have watched several of Rudolph Valentino movies. Thanks to fabulous modern technology, I was able to clearly see Mr. Valentino's face. Two people from the silent movie days immediately come to mind as having "timeless" looks--Dorothy Janis ("The Pagan") and, ahem...Rudolph Valentino.

Valentino's legendary status as a screen star was no hype. Good choice, pktrekgirl.

BTW: Errol Flynn--the way he moved on screen (his athleticism) is another reason why he looks so damn good in his movies.

Rusty

Thanks PK. So I guess you don't mind that I followed you over here. :-)

But I figured as a Flynnatic it's my job to spread the Errol love as much as possible. ;-)

Anyone here what to join the Flynnatic?

We can always start another branch here. :-)