Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
lorrie6326

Let's Fall in Love

In what very old musical was the song Let's fall in love sung and by whom. It must have been in the thirties. I remember seeing the movie and the song being sung but I don't remember the stars. Does anyone know?

"Let's Fall in Love" (1933). I think Ann Sothern sings it. Oh my, I answered a musical question!

Congratulaions patful! Have you seen this musical? Ann Sothern is swell! I think Art Jarrett sang the song, and Miss Sothern took the reprise. But when I think of this song, I think of Judy Holliday and Jack Lemmon singing it in It Should Happen to You, which came twenty years later.

Don't know when or where, but I've seen a lot of it. Title just clicked in my head when I read the question. Seems like the song has been in a bunch of movies since that one. Would like to see the whole thing, but not sure if TCM has the rights??

Thanks for reminding me that it was Ann Southern. I had a picture in my head of the male lead and it took awhile befor the name clicked in(if I am right). I am not exactly sure. Could it have been Edmund Lowe? Does anyone remember him? I had to have seen this movie before the 40's. Someone just asked me recently who first sang this song and the movie sprang into my mind.I don't even remember the plot, only the last scene. A challeng like this plagues me until I get the answer. Appreciate any information about this movie.

"I had a picture in my head of the male lead and it took awhile befor the name clicked in(if I am right). I am not exactly sure. Could it have been Edmund Lowe?"

Yes, Edmund Lowe was the male lead of Let's Fall in Love.

"I had to have seen this movie before the 40's."

It's quite possible as it was released in 1933.

I don't even remember the plot...

According to IMDB the plot is something like this:

"A carny girl who pretends to be Norwegian in order to win a movie contract, and falls in love with her director."