Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Glenn Ford Film Festival

moviesrgr8

Just watched Mr. Ford on TCM in "The Fastest Gun Alive" on TCM and he was quite effective.

I recall that he was my Aunt Grace's favorite actor while I was growing up and we saw "Blackboard Jungle" together at the movies. It's one of his best roles as the frustrated teacher.

I won't be in Brooklyn, New York until July otherwise I would have went to his tribute in June in honor of my beloved aunt.

Mongo

Of course I will, Moviejoe!! Please forgive my tardiness but this dumb system only accepts perhaps my every 10th attempt to use the system.

The GFFF will be held in Gloversville, NY (home of Samuel Goldwyn) from June 5th - 8th, 2003. (Gloversville is about 45 minutes from Albany). They are planning on screening Pocketful of Miracles and Gilda, too. Anne Francis will be in attendance as well as Peter Ford, son of Glenn and Eleanor Powell.

For more info, go to www.glennfordonline.com. But note that the date for the GFFF is incorrectly listed on the site.

Hope this is helpful.

:-)

Mary

P.S. Moviejoe, if you know anyone who wants to go, let me know because I could use a roommate. I already booked my room at the only hotel in town. Everyone else from the GFFF is staying there, too.